d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Xena: Warrior Princess > Sword 'n Shield Sorc (hc)
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 31 2019 02:08pm
Yo.

Let's try this Hardcore WT with a Sorceress specializing in melee combat. Depending on the drops, I'd like to have a nice bow on ALT to use when needed; but I'm sure that I'll end up getting a "Call to Arms" if I luck out and survive long enough to create it. Also, my ambition is to be able to become an Aura Sorc, but that will take a lot of time as the gear is very difficult to obtain solo.

My merc will be an A1 archer; as they are the only fitting substitute for Gabrielle (that blonde chick from the show).

Edit: Having issues with internet and posting pics. Beginning of the WT and mini update coming soon.

This post was edited by DumbleDoraTheExplorer on Aug 31 2019 02:21pm
Aug 31 2019 03:18pm
Oooo excited to see this to fruition
Gold: 45.00
Aug 31 2019 04:49pm
Quote (DumbleDoraTheExplorer @ Aug 31 2019 01:08pm)
Yo.

Let's try this Hardcore WT with a Sorceress specializing in melee combat. Depending on the drops, I'd like to have a nice bow on ALT to use when needed; but I'm sure that I'll end up getting a "Call to Arms" if I luck out and survive long enough to create it. Also, my ambition is to be able to become an Aura Sorc, but that will take a lot of time as the gear is very difficult to obtain solo.

My merc will be an A1 archer; as they are the only fitting substitute for Gabrielle (that blonde chick from the show).

Edit: Having issues with internet and posting pics. Beginning of the WT and mini update coming soon.

Need 15 posts minimum to upload image, sounds quite grindy, good luck!
Aug 31 2019 10:44pm
allllrighty... Let's try this again!

So Act 1 went about just like any other WT on this site: 1) endless Countess runs to farm for Rals; and 2) Trist runs for exp. Got lucky and was able to get 2 uniques somewhat early on (some shitty sword and shield that are good for my low lvl, but will dump as soon as possible). Got Gaile (fire archer) from the "for hire" list and she will be my main companion throughout this WT. She better not let me down! Anyway, due to the monotonous and usual strategies to clear Act 1, I did not take any screenshots except for Andy; and she was extremely difficult to take down. My Sorc, Xena, is soft like tissue paper at the moment. Hopefully that will change...

Usually, as soon as I reach Act 2, I jump in and grab the Cube, then I head back for more Countess and Andy runs; but I'm not about that noise with Xena. Let's press on! So I went ahead and killed Radament (teleport is straight up a blessing and has saved me numerous times from mobs).

Haven't had too much time to play Act 2 cause I spent so much time farming for runes and exp early on in Act 1. But Xena can deal some damage with the unique axe that Andy dropped and Gaile fucks shit up with her Ral'd bow. The issue is durability. Sorceresses aren't the best melee characters. Therefore, I've focused all of my efforts into maxing Frozen Armor (which I did w/ the Book of Skill) to help bolster my defense. From now on, I'll be focusing on maxing Enchant to help with damage and AR until further on when I need to put skill points into Elemental Mastery skills. At the very least, Gaile will be able to kill stuff if I'm unable to for a while as I progress.
Gold: 6,178.00
Sep 1 2019 03:31am
:thumbsup:
Gold: 491.57
Sep 1 2019 07:10am
Reaching hell will be almost impossible, especially with rouge merc. You sorc deals no dmg and so will the rouge very soon.

Try to farm a Lem asap to make Passion. Switching to an act2 merc would also make things easier. GL!
Gold: 141.01
Sep 1 2019 07:46am
Good luck! I've been thinking about one of these. What's your generall skill/equip plan?

Is passion typically used for +1zeal? You could farm NM lk for those runes I believe so you could have in an ok base before hell.
Sep 9 2019 06:47pm
Cube, Staff & Amulet

Duriel was a bitch to kill. Emptied my gold stash on TPs, merc revives and health pots plus used up all of my rejuv pots that I've been storing.

Eye, Brain, Heart & Flail.. Plus the Jade Figurine
Sep 9 2019 06:54pm
Got the GidBinn. So far this WT has been a crawl. I can kill stuff but mobs are too difficult to take on at the moment.

Lam Esen's Tome. Once again, with disregard to the amount of time it takes to reach each quest, it's been relatively simply. Not too bad.

What the fuck. Mephisto was ridiculous. Luckily, I didn't have to revive the merc too much cause I would have to run away and heal after a few hits from Meph. Think I'm going to run Count and do MF runs for some better gear before going into A4. Diablo will kill me if I attempt him with my current setup.
Sep 9 2019 06:57pm
Quote (ACD-HASS @ Sep 1 2019 09:10am)
Reaching hell will be almost impossible, especially with rouge merc. You sorc deals no dmg and so will the rouge very soon.

Try to farm a Lem asap to make Passion. Switching to an act2 merc would also make things easier. GL!

With attitude it will be. I'll reach Hell one way or another!

But yea I know "Passion" will be very helpful. I want to eventually use all 3 auras (Holy Freeze, Shock & Fire), so I will need to make a "Doom" to replace "Passion" at some point. We shall see tho.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll