d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Incredible Video About Lost Ancient Civilizations
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,400.00
Aug 30 2019 07:23pm
alot if interesting facts/theories let me know what you think

Gold: 1,292.69
Warn: 20%
Aug 30 2019 07:25pm
I love ancient stuff.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 30 2019 10:57pm
I'll watch it until I see the first obvious fabrication, deceptive edit, etc. etc.

Wow that didn't take long. If they vanished without a trace how do we know they exist? Whatever, I'll take that as a turn of phrase instead of an accurate portrayal of the facts.

He goes on to talk about the pyramids, saying we don't know how they were constructed, which is true on some level but we know like half a dozen potential ways they could have constructed the pyramids given the technology at the time.

He says there's no hieroglyphics that have a pyramid, but that's deceptive since hieroglyphics aren't the only surviving forms of Egyptian records and we have written records about the construction of the pyramids.

He goes on to talk about the Easter Island heads, saying it's a mystery how they were created and moved, but that's not true. We know exactly what quarry the rocks came from and how they were moved (they were moved simply using logs, but there aren't any trees left on the island because humans cut them all down).

Okay I'm less than 3 minutes in and it's clear he doesn't know how to do even a basic google search.

Oh god now he's talking about a "lost continent". Yeah this guy's just another gullible youtube personality talking way out of his depth.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 30 2019 11:07pm
Aug 31 2019 08:57am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 31 2019 12:57am)
I'll watch it until I see the first obvious fabrication, deceptive edit, etc. etc.

Wow that didn't take long. If they vanished without a trace how do we know they exist? Whatever, I'll take that as a turn of phrase instead of an accurate portrayal of the facts.

He goes on to talk about the pyramids, saying we don't know how they were constructed, which is true on some level but we know like half a dozen potential ways they could have constructed the pyramids given the technology at the time.

He says there's no hieroglyphics that have a pyramid, but that's deceptive since hieroglyphics aren't the only surviving forms of Egyptian records and we have written records about the construction of the pyramids.

He goes on to talk about the Easter Island heads, saying it's a mystery how they were created and moved, but that's not true. We know exactly what quarry the rocks came from and how they were moved (they were moved simply using logs, but there aren't any trees left on the island because humans cut them all down).

Okay I'm less than 3 minutes in and it's clear he doesn't know how to do even a basic google search.

Oh god now he's talking about a "lost continent". Yeah this guy's just another gullible youtube personality talking way out of his depth.

I watched the whole video he does admit some of the stuff is pseudoscience and ridiculous but if there is some truth to that report than alot of the stuff is incredible. That lost continent is explained i believe around the halfway mark. Even if you dont believe it still entertaining to watch and does make think.

The mans channel is bright insight. Not to be confused with bright side which is completely ridiculous lol.

This post was edited by kalelvszod on Aug 31 2019 08:58am
Gold: 0.07
Sep 1 2019 10:49am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 30 2019 11:57pm)

Thank you for saving me some time :)
Sep 1 2019 11:04am
lol should actually give it a chance. a lost continent is not entirely far fetched seeing as how we have found many ruins of civilizations under water. they even think now the sahara has buried many ruins aswell.Thor123422 if he knows so much should be on tv debunking all this LOL. The statues at easter island are still a mystery and nobody actually knows for sure how they were moved and built etc. none of this still explains why the government decided to classify that one mans book aswell. amazing how people watch 5 minits out of 40 and jump to conclusions. But hey its 2019 cant expect any less.
Gold: 260.11
Sep 1 2019 11:41am
Quote (kalelvszod @ Sep 1 2019 12:04pm)
lol should actually give it a chance. a lost continent is not entirely far fetched seeing as how we have found many ruins of civilizations under water. they even think now the sahara has buried many ruins aswell.Thor123422 if he knows so much should be on tv debunking all this LOL. The statues at easter island are still a mystery and nobody actually knows for sure how they were moved and built etc. none of this still explains why the government decided to classify that one mans book aswell. amazing how people watch 5 minits out of 40 and jump to conclusions. But hey its 2019 cant expect any less.

There's not enough time to watch every minute of every crackpot. If I watch a video and the first 3 minutes are filled with claims that can be debunked with a Google search im not going to waste my time with the rest.
Sep 1 2019 12:12pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 1 2019 01:41pm)
There's not enough time to watch every minute of every crackpot. If I watch a video and the first 3 minutes are filled with claims that can be debunked with a Google search im not going to waste my time with the rest.

fair enough
Gold: 12,797.00
Sep 1 2019 07:11pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Aug 31 2019 03:23am)
alot if interesting facts/theories let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-sLX0FbF0

not gonna watch because theres something very untrustworthy about that guys face :wacko: cant pinpoint what but my intuition says no :(
Gold: 2,364.01
Sep 4 2019 03:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 1 2019 08:41pm)

yet u had time to scrape up decent reply to tell them theyre wrong. :huh: Ban thor from Stan... Otherwise we can never rule
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll