d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Windows Update, Automatic Repair > Log File... Srt\srttrail.txt
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 202,154.68
Aug 24 2019 02:41am
My computer has worked fine ever since I've had it(few years) and today it said it had an issue updating itself, not sure why as I thought I had turned off automatic updates.
I shut it down and now I'm unable to boot it up and login, it'll load and then say automatically trying to repair, running diagnostics, etc.
Then it says automatic repair couldn't fix your pc, press advanced options to try to repair your PC.

Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Apparently I have no restore points or image recovery states, googled the error and came up with some cprompt ideas though I couldn't get any of them to work either.
Referred to this video for cprompt potential solutions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNvxcN8s2fM&t=108s

Got up to the attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s and then was told my boot file didn't exist, tried the same line for D and E drives as well.

Anyone had any run-in's with this by chance and know of a solution?
Gold: 16,010.80
Sep 6 2019 12:56pm
Did you try to rebuild the boot sector with bootrec /fixmbr?

Usually if bootrec commands can resolve it, it means it is a rebuild.

Edit:.... Don't mess with the D/E Drives because the data on them should remain intact if you rebuild the C:\

This post was edited by NmE_NeMEsis on Sep 6 2019 12:56pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll