d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Warcraft 3 > Funny Ladder Strategies > Thread
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 22 2019 09:53am
Lmk funny strategies that sometimes works
Sometimes its fun to relax in ladder and do something Else..

My favorites are these:

orc
Blademaster and Towers > tech > mass bats
( remember enough Towers / hide bats so enemy doesnt know )
Use bats to kill main, and make bm kill workers.

night elf
Warden > mass moons > a bit Towers > tech
( remember enough moons, will be oneman army until main full upg, and try hide chimeras)
Mass chimeras and go

human
Archmage Towers and tech
Remember some rush with blizz
Get sorc and mortars, make inviisible army and go kill main base and workers

Hit me up with more funny and different strategies :D

This post was edited by Crelle on Aug 22 2019 09:54am
Gold: 13,425.19
Aug 24 2019 12:09pm
These arn't funny at all.

you have much to learn.

burrow rushing with orc versus elves:
Actual player skill level you can face: used by professionals multiple times.
Buld burrows inside the enemy base near to the start of the game to act as a tower, if it's going well you can progress to a tower rush to win the game. If it isn't, you've usually completely messed up all their timings from this and can pull back.

burrow rushing versus orcs is also plausable, versus acceptable opponents
I personally found switching up to firelord was much more efficient and made a guide to some extent on wcreplays, if you google "tavern burrow rushing guide" I post about 3 replays of this, should have posted more as i had more games of this played.

Humans:
Cannon sieging
Skill level medium to bad (if you're opponent has 120 or more apm, they're likely to catch on), there was a famous example of someone who got close to #1 on ladder using this style of play.
Use bloodmage to make a hole in trees near the opponents base with flame strike, use the mechanical critter aftr pressing yourself into the trees as hard as possible to spawn the critter inside the flame struck area. Use the goblin shop teleport to ally item to teleport the bloodmage to the trapped mechanical critter use the shop item towers to construct towers in the gap, upgrade to cannon towers and aim at the opponents base, will 99% of the time destroy the base with only 2 cannon towers. 3 cannons is 100% if they arn't spotted.

Also google some solo bloodmage creeping. Bloodmage can impressively farm a lot of the red camps with some carefully placed critters at level 1. Search turtle rock first as the 2x corner red camps are very much worthwhile to level 1 creep.

Farm rushing
The idea is to either trap the enemy hero in their own base, or their entire army whilst you kill their workers. Works reasonably well versus night elves, useless against other races.
To get an idea search for WCR audio 662 (involves myself as the human player) and audio 599 (i believe the initial starter of the idea)

Night elves:
Tree hiding.
Level of opponent: awful
Move your tree of life into the trees at the very start of the game and chat to your opponent to convince him that you didn't start with anything so therefore he cannot win. If you don't like chatting, just go afk. I've seen an account which did nothing but this and had a 15% win ratio, which is quite impressive if you think about it.

undead don't really get any lolworthy strats. About the best is lich tower rushing versus orcs which has also been used by professionals on a regular basis in recent years. Grubby faced more than a few.

This isn't really the right site to ask about this sorta thing as there pretty much is no wc3 community here.

bonus:
I believe you can still net the dragon on twisted meadows so that it thinks the players starting location is it's own home and will not go back to it and instead attempts to destroy your opponents base. a Level 10 dragon is a significant force if you rush getting raider + wyvern + net. This WILL take practice as there's a very small area especially in the bottom two bases where you're allowed to get the ensnare off. The top two is much easier to do and i did against a reasonably decent opponent who had went dreadlord + ghouls who got completely annihilated by this.

my absolute favourite of all time, is where in a 4v4 someone mined up ALL the gold on the map and used a tinker with the item which teleports you to allied structures to teleport to an edge of the map (you can teleport to his pocket factory) and built multiple towers on the edge of the map, built a 100 food army of gyrocopers and set them above the towers and then afk'd. The opponents beat the other guys allies, as it was a 3v4 seeing he wasn't really helping, but they also had run out of gold and couldnt make any more units as there was no gold left on the map to make units with, so could not finish the 3 towers on the edge only accessible by air units. This led to a stalemate and this guy afk'd for about 30 hours until the final opponent left.

Also bear in mind you can face REALLY REALLY bad opponents if you lose your first 10 games. In it's algorithms for matchmaking, it will calculate what opponent to give you based on those first 10 games and much less any games after, so much i was actually more than 50% win rate on a troll account i made using only these strategies.

On my main account i've always stuck around 60% win rate using orc whilst using burrow rushes or "gruntapult" (tower rushing with orc with grunts, catapults and towers). I had something different versus undead which was basically tauren using stomp + aura + headhunters + witch doctors which i found to work for my own playstyle. Using blademaster never really worked for me for some reason. Undead seemed to be the hardest to tower rush and i never quite worked out why.

This post was edited by mclarke on Aug 24 2019 12:21pm
Aug 25 2019 01:24pm
Quote (mclarke @ Aug 24 2019 08:09pm)
These arn't funny at all.

you have much to learn.

burrow rushing with orc versus elves:
Actual player skill level you can face: used by professionals multiple times.
Buld burrows inside the enemy base near to the start of the game to act as a tower, if it's going well you can progress to a tower rush to win the game. If it isn't, you've usually completely messed up all their timings from this and can pull back.

burrow rushing versus orcs is also plausable, versus acceptable opponents
I personally found switching up to firelord was much more efficient and made a guide to some extent on wcreplays, if you google "tavern burrow rushing guide" I post about 3 replays of this, should have posted more as i had more games of this played.

Humans:
Cannon sieging
Skill level medium to bad (if you're opponent has 120 or more apm, they're likely to catch on), there was a famous example of someone who got close to #1 on ladder using this style of play.
Use bloodmage to make a hole in trees near the opponents base with flame strike, use the mechanical critter aftr pressing yourself into the trees as hard as possible to spawn the critter inside the flame struck area. Use the goblin shop teleport to ally item to teleport the bloodmage to the trapped mechanical critter use the shop item towers to construct towers in the gap, upgrade to cannon towers and aim at the opponents base, will 99% of the time destroy the base with only 2 cannon towers. 3 cannons is 100% if they arn't spotted.

Also google some solo bloodmage creeping. Bloodmage can impressively farm a lot of the red camps with some carefully placed critters at level 1. Search turtle rock first as the 2x corner red camps are very much worthwhile to level 1 creep.

Farm rushing
The idea is to either trap the enemy hero in their own base, or their entire army whilst you kill their workers. Works reasonably well versus night elves, useless against other races.
To get an idea search for WCR audio 662 (involves myself as the human player) and audio 599 (i believe the initial starter of the idea)

Night elves:
Tree hiding.
Level of opponent: awful
Move your tree of life into the trees at the very start of the game and chat to your opponent to convince him that you didn't start with anything so therefore he cannot win. If you don't like chatting, just go afk. I've seen an account which did nothing but this and had a 15% win ratio, which is quite impressive if you think about it.

undead don't really get any lolworthy strats. About the best is lich tower rushing versus orcs which has also been used by professionals on a regular basis in recent years. Grubby faced more than a few.

This isn't really the right site to ask about this sorta thing as there pretty much is no wc3 community here.

bonus:
I believe you can still net the dragon on twisted meadows so that it thinks the players starting location is it's own home and will not go back to it and instead attempts to destroy your opponents base. a Level 10 dragon is a significant force if you rush getting raider + wyvern + net. This WILL take practice as there's a very small area especially in the bottom two bases where you're allowed to get the ensnare off. The top two is much easier to do and i did against a reasonably decent opponent who had went dreadlord + ghouls who got completely annihilated by this.

my absolute favourite of all time, is where in a 4v4 someone mined up ALL the gold on the map and used a tinker with the item which teleports you to allied structures to teleport to an edge of the map (you can teleport to his pocket factory) and built multiple towers on the edge of the map, built a 100 food army of gyrocopers and set them above the towers and then afk'd. The opponents beat the other guys allies, as it was a 3v4 seeing he wasn't really helping, but they also had run out of gold and couldnt make any more units as there was no gold left on the map to make units with, so could not finish the 3 towers on the edge only accessible by air units. This led to a stalemate and this guy afk'd for about 30 hours until the final opponent left.

Also bear in mind you can face REALLY REALLY bad opponents if you lose your first 10 games. In it's algorithms for matchmaking, it will calculate what opponent to give you based on those first 10 games and much less any games after, so much i was actually more than 50% win rate on a troll account i made using only these strategies.

On my main account i've always stuck around 60% win rate using orc whilst using burrow rushes or "gruntapult" (tower rushing with orc with grunts, catapults and towers). I had something different versus undead which was basically tauren using stomp + aura + headhunters + witch doctors which i found to work for my own playstyle. Using blademaster never really worked for me for some reason. Undead seemed to be the hardest to tower rush and i never quite worked out why.

I have to try these, thanks
Gold: 13,425.19
Aug 25 2019 02:21pm
if you're doing some of the more dodgy ones like farm rushing really bear in mind what i said about making a troll account and leaving the first 10 games. If you did actually youtube search for wcr audio 662, you'll see how good my opponent is which allowed me to destroy him in the most humiliating fashion possible.

The commentary in my opinion is reasonably entertaining, although skipping to when the game actually starts might be recommended if he's not really you're thing just skip to 3:20, as the game is possibly the funniest thing i've ever done in wc3.

Perhaps i'll play some more, although the site which i used for uploading replays seems to be knackered and only useful for the forums, which is sad :(
Aug 26 2019 11:34am
Quote (mclarke @ Aug 25 2019 10:21pm)
if you're doing some of the more dodgy ones like farm rushing really bear in mind what i said about making a troll account and leaving the first 10 games. If you did actually youtube search for wcr audio 662, you'll see how good my opponent is which allowed me to destroy him in the most humiliating fashion possible.

The commentary in my opinion is reasonably entertaining, although skipping to when the game actually starts might be recommended if he's not really you're thing just skip to 3:20, as the game is possibly the funniest thing i've ever done in wc3.

Perhaps i'll play some more, although the site which i used for uploading replays seems to be knackered and only useful for the forums, which is sad :(

I dont think theyre matching equally anymore. Just came back after 6-7 years break.. and it seems like due to the lack of people, im nearly one of the worst xD so the first 10 games lost is np.. i think im like 25% winrate ... my human is 10-21 xD
Feels hard to come back after these years..

/e i remember ladder a way easier.
Also when i rt 4v4 its mostly unbalanced.. lowlvls vs highlvls.. and skills likewise ^^

This post was edited by Crelle on Aug 26 2019 11:37am
Gold: 0.33
Sep 15 2019 08:35pm
mass archers
Sep 27 2019 05:45pm
Tanks n cube
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Oct 5 2019 05:12pm
Immortal undead skeleton spammer

Afk immortal army:
Meatweagons to create corpse
Obsidian statue for +3mana regen (and health regen)
Necromancer, lots of them
Aura Hero's

then double click skeletons and mages, and a-click them onto the enemie
Go Back To Warcraft 3 Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll