d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > I Need A Website > Nothing Fancy
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,416.48
Aug 21 2019 10:55am
So I am mulling around an idea to put some of my artistic autocad abilities to work for me. I want it to be relatively hands off aside from when I add new products/descriptions/and pricing or whatever. I can take care of all the artwork and all that jazz but I am lookin for someone to point me in a good direction for the web development part.

So I am planning on putting together a little store front with a bunch of premade custom auto cad designs that I have done over the years to be used with CNC Plasma and Laser cutters. I want to set up a little store front that each item may be purchased individually or by bundle as well. As a web design amateur I havent messed around with any of the e-commerce scripts at all but is anyone familiar with a good one that supports real time digital delivery after payment? I want the page to pretty much just be a shop and thats it aside from some contact information and maybe a page that will take on custom requests.

What say you d2jsp? Help a bro out. Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Ant
Aug 22 2019 05:28pm
bump
Gold: 11.01
Aug 22 2019 08:47pm
If you want someone to make an ecomm site for you then you're looking at a pretty penny.

$75-100/hr is the going rate for freelancers who are in the continental US and have any experience.
Aug 23 2019 06:19am
Quote (PuppyMonkeyBaby @ Aug 22 2019 09:47pm)
If you want someone to make an ecomm site for you then you're looking at a pretty penny.

$75-100/hr is the going rate for freelancers who are in the continental US and have any experience.

I dont necessarilly need someone to set it up for me. I am comforttable enough usually with installing scripts and basic web design stuff. Was just lookin for some advice for a good ecomm script. Just lookin for something clean and functional.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2019 07:44am
If u want to do it on your own, and with the lowest cost u should try Woocommerce. Its easy to use and easy to install.
Aug 23 2019 08:36am
Quote (Odyssey_One @ Aug 23 2019 08:44am)
If u want to do it on your own, and with the lowest cost u should try Woocommerce. Its easy to use and easy to install.

Ill check it out. Thanks. Hopefully it supports immediate digital delivery.
Gold: 3,604.22
Aug 24 2019 10:04am
If you want a quick and easy store design, consider looking at doing it also yourself with Wordpress if you're confident enough. Plenty of tutorials out there to say how to setup a wordpress store, and you won't have added overheads and commissions that you will with woocommerce etc.

I work in ecommerce in support for a web developer that make these sites, but we sell them for £6,000 starting prices, but they are really functional and maintained sites. Doubt you wanna spend that, but as a guidance on getting a company to do it, compared to learning something to do yourself.
Aug 24 2019 01:00pm
Quote (Kalms @ Aug 24 2019 11:04am)
If you want a quick and easy store design, consider looking at doing it also yourself with Wordpress if you're confident enough. Plenty of tutorials out there to say how to setup a wordpress store, and you won't have added overheads and commissions that you will with woocommerce etc.

I work in ecommerce in support for a web developer that make these sites, but we sell them for £6,000 starting prices, but they are really functional and maintained sites. Doubt you wanna spend that, but as a guidance on getting a company to do it, compared to learning something to do yourself.

Appreciated! Yeah I noticed most of these store scripts got monthly fees and commission on sales. Id like to avoid that. Know of a good tutorial or two for the wordpress store? Also donyou know if I set up there store with that method is there a good way to set up automatic digital delivery?
Gold: 1,000.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 26 2019 04:08pm
Quote (AntTheProtagonist @ Aug 24 2019 09:00pm)
Appreciated! Yeah I noticed most of these store scripts got monthly fees and commission on sales. Id like to avoid that. Know of a good tutorial or two for the wordpress store? Also donyou know if I set up there store with that method is there a good way to set up automatic digital delivery?

There are plenty of automatic delivery plugins for woocommerce, quite easy to set up as-well!

My advice: Do one page at a time and do it well! Go with a builder and follow youtube tutorials. Less plugins = better website.

You can PM me if you run into a roadblock :)
Aug 26 2019 08:57pm
Quote (ium @ Aug 26 2019 05:08pm)
There are plenty of automatic delivery plugins for woocommerce, quite easy to set up as-well!

My advice: Do one page at a time and do it well! Go with a builder and follow youtube tutorials. Less plugins = better website.

You can PM me if you run into a roadblock :)

Dope thanks man :)
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll