d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Buying Greenland
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 23 2019 11:14am
Quote (Leevee @ Aug 23 2019 12:08pm)
I gotta say, as much as I respect Saucisson for being a fellow Euroturd with a level-headed worldview, I have the impression that he suffers from this "win arguments by randomly insulting my opponents" mentality.

Then again, maybe I'm being a hypocrite. If there weren't so many debates about subjects in which I consider America's approach to be medieval, perhaps I wouldn't be visiting PaRD. I can tell you that Belgium's politics are boring as fuck in comparison. :lol:

i think half of the time he saw a meme online and just tries has hard as he can to post it. he doesn't even read the person's post for context, just tosses in a meme as if we're all craving the 137th "america bad" local newspaper level cartoon that badly. I also think due to communication gaps in language he interprets a lot of his posts as making people mad, when in reality they aren't mad and just pointing out the lack of contextual relevance. when you point out he's having a difference conversation than you he acts smug as if he's won and goes back to shitposting cartoons.

we're all here more or less because in a spectrum we like to argue, and if you like to argue you like making other people mad. some less, some more like me, etc.

I can't imagine living in a place with boring politics, the USA is turned up to 10 right now but it's always been crazy compared to the EU my whole life. When i was in scotland i was in the town square of Glascow and a bunch of teens were protesting climate change. I figured "oh hey, just like home". NOPE, they were protesting against climate change advocates, claiming it was going to hurt the country and that it was an overblown hoax. So i thought "ok these are some young right leaning people". NOPE AGAIN, they were radical leftists who wanted to push societal change along privilege and race and found climate change to be a distraction. "FUCK YOUR GLOBAL WARMING", "SOCIETAL CHANGE NOT CLIMATE CHANGE" were their posters. I'm still confused and think there's like a 50% chance i got it all wrong. that fucking Gleski accent is a hard one to track.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 23 2019 11:18am
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 23 2019 11:26am
It is a French, an American and a Belgian who are sentenced to death.

They have the right to choose their execution. The French decides to take the guillotine, for the country. The executioner does his work and slices the poor man's head.
The American chooses the electric chair, he's installed on it, the executioner presses the switch but nothing happens, he tries again, still nothing. As the machine did not work, the American is pardoned.

Then it's the Belgian's turn. When asked how he wants to be executed, he answers: As the electric chair does not work, I'll take the guillotine!

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Aug 23 2019 11:31am
Gold: 5.00
Aug 23 2019 11:47am
Quote (Leevee @ Aug 23 2019 11:37am)
:lol:

Ever since 1945, every American dollar spent on military has caused more harm than good. The EU owes nothing to the USA.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-peacekeepers-usa/u-n-members-owe-2-billion-in-debt-to-peacekeeping-u-s-owes-a-third-idUSKCN1PB2OD

Edit: Not going to argue harm vs good on the spend, but will be nice to watch what happens from across the pond when US stops funding that money pit. Maybe US buys it later once EU zone implodes???

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Aug 23 2019 11:50am
Gold: 5,169.82
Aug 23 2019 03:07pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Aug 23 2019 07:26pm)
It is a French, an American and a Belgian who are sentenced to death.

They have the right to choose their execution. The French decides to take the guillotine, for the country. The executioner does his work and slices the poor man's head.
The American chooses the electric chair, he's installed on it, the executioner presses the switch but nothing happens, he tries again, still nothing. As the machine did not work, the American is pardoned.

Then it's the Belgian's turn. When asked how he wants to be executed, he answers: As the electric chair does not work, I'll take the guillotine!

Not bad, not bad. :lol: I hope it's not a play on how suicidal all Belgians are. :unsure:

Quote (RedFromWinter @ Aug 23 2019 07:47pm)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-peacekeepers-usa/u-n-members-owe-2-billion-in-debt-to-peacekeeping-u-s-owes-a-third-idUSKCN1PB2OD

Edit: Not going to argue harm vs good on the spend, but will be nice to watch what happens from across the pond when US stops funding that money pit. Maybe US buys it later once EU zone implodes???

"peacekeeping".
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 23 2019 07:01pm
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Aug 23 2019 01:47pm)

This. The US pays 22% and "uses" none of the UN's services. Seems a bit unbalanced.

I think the US should just rent out our "services" to those that request them. Kinda like the UN is doing for the "crap" it manages to actually deliver, which turns out to be next to useless anyway.

Gold: 260.11
Aug 23 2019 07:04pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 23 2019 08:01pm)
This. The US pays 22% and "uses" none of the UN's services. Seems a bit unbalanced.

I think the US should just rent out our "services" to those that request them. Kinda like the UN is doing for the "crap" it manages to actually deliver, which turns out to be next to useless anyway.

:huh:

The concept of soft power is just lost on idiots i guess
Aug 23 2019 07:06pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 23 2019 09:04pm)
:huh:

The concept of soft power is just lost on idiots i guess

Soft power doesn't really work unless those it's being applied to can appreciate it.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 23 2019 07:32pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 23 2019 08:06pm)
Soft power doesn't really work unless those it's being applied to can appreciate it.

Im definitely sure youre capable of making that judgement
Aug 23 2019 07:38pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 23 2019 09:32pm)
Im definitely sure youre capable of making that judgement

All word juggling aside, the UN costs a lot of money and doesn't seem very effective. They make a lot of noise, but don't manage to get anything done... really.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll