d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trash Takes Self Out
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 21 2019 03:23pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ 21 Aug 2019 23:14)
When I want your opinion I'll tell it to you, tadpole.

This is the perfect kind of teenage insult for you and your flushed friends :thumbsup:
Gold: 5.00
Aug 21 2019 04:15pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 21 2019 11:17am)
You are funding an organization that provides elective abortions. I don't see how that isn't considered direct funding.

I get being against the rule itself.

No more so than you're directing funding crimes against humanity perpetrated by the US government due to your tax contributions.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 21 2019 04:23pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 21 2019 02:17pm)
You are funding an organization that provides elective abortions. I don't see how that isn't considered direct funding.

I get being against the rule itself.

It is a nonprofit so every dollar is public owned to some degree either through grants, fund raising, or other development strategies. When you get funds through a grant for example, you get an exact amount of money to pay for specific things and you need to be able to map what every dollar is applied to with strict limitations on what can be spent on certain things. A grant that pays for contraceptives cannot pay for administrative costs of the agency including salaries of program managers to run said programs...salaries are paid for by development strategies, etc. Planned Parenthood might get a grant to pay for medical equipment used for specific things or trainings etc depending on the values and goals of the donors including the current city, state, and federal governments. Agencies are allowed to have other ad hoc services that people pay for out of pocket. But nonprofits are real compartmentalized, because nonprofit businesses are not people interested in increasing value they are public agencies interested in serving the public within the scope of their mission. You can give money to Planned Parenthood and not pay for an abortion. You can also give to PP and pay for one too. If you knock someone up make a gofundme and I'll chip on on one for you m9.

Now that you know how it works you can understand how people can make that claim, and paradoxically how on the outside looking in it can also appear the say you state it, and how the answer is kind of both depending on where you're viewing it from.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 21 2019 04:25pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2019 04:26pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Aug 21 2019 05:15pm)
No more so than you're directing funding crimes against humanity perpetrated by the US government due to your tax contributions.

So yes then? We also have rules against those kinds of things that need to be followed.

Quote (Skinned @ Aug 21 2019 05:23pm)
It is a nonprofit so every dollar is public owned to some degree either through grants, fund raising, or other development strategies. When you get funds through a grant for example, you get an exact amount of money to pay for specific things and you need to be able to map what every dollar is applied to with strict limitations on what can be spent on certain things. A grant that pays for contraceptives cannot pay for administrative costs of the agency including salaries of program managers to run said programs...salaries are paid for by development strategies, etc. Planned Parenthood might get a grant to pay for medical equipment used for specific things or trainings etc depending on the values and goals of the donors including the current city, state, and federal governments. Agencies are allowed to have other ad hoc services that people pay for out of pocket. But nonprofits are real compartmentalized, because nonprofit businesses are not people interested in increasing value they are public agencies interested in serving the public within the scope of their mission. You can give money to Planned Parenthood and not pay for an abortion. You can also give to PP and pay for one too. If you knock someone up make a gofundme and I'll chip on on one for you m9.

Now that you know how it works you can understand how people can make that claim, and paradoxically how on the outside looking in it can also appear the say you state it, and how the answer is kind of both depending on where you're viewing it from.

I understand the claim but the explanation there is useful ty. Seems dishonest to me. Like using the same loophole garbage as Amazon to avoid federal taxes.

This post was edited by krackprophet on Aug 21 2019 04:35pm
Gold: 5.00
Aug 21 2019 05:15pm
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 21 2019 03:26pm)
So yes then? We also have rules against those kinds of things that need to be followed.

I see it differently. Paradoxically, TRAP efforts like this only increase the incidence rate of unplanned pregnancy, and subsequently, can lead to increased desire for abortions.
Aug 22 2019 04:25am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Aug 21 2019 07:15pm)
I see it differently. Paradoxically, TRAP efforts like this only increase the incidence rate of unplanned pregnancy, and subsequently, can lead to increased desire for abortions.

GOP policies lead to increased demand and need for abortion, this is true. They are the pro-birth party. Calling the pro-life is a misnomer.
Aug 22 2019 04:27am
Quote (krackprophet @ Aug 21 2019 06:26pm)

I understand the claim but the explanation there is useful ty. Seems dishonest to me. Like using the same loophole garbage as Amazon to avoid federal taxes.

As dishonest as running a business and separating money for payroll and money for equipment.

Which isn't dishonest. PP is a transparent organization whose financial records are public. They aren't hiding their taxes to hide financial entanglements. That would be the guy in the WH.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 22 2019 04:43am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 22 2019 05:15am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 22 2019 05:27am)
As dishonest as running a business and separating money for payroll and money for equipment.

Which isn't dishonest. PP is a transparent organization whose financial records are public. They aren't hiding their taxes to hide financial entanglements. That would be the guy in the WH.

Women comes for other federally funded services --> Find out they are pregnant --> Get recommended abortion services. Its dishonest to say that the federally funded services don't lead to abortion services sometimes is my point.

Gold: 500.00
Aug 28 2019 06:26pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll