d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev145678983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 253.00
Aug 20 2019 05:19pm
The dems just don't get it. If they want to win the white house they're going to have to appeal to the rust belt and coal country who's primary concern is losing high paying manufacturing jobs. The unions could give a shit less if there is a trade war where Iphones and Tv's go up a few bucks in price and raising taxes to give freez to illegal immigrants is going to go over like a lead balloon.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 20 2019 05:32pm
Quote (tman65ky @ 20 Aug 2019 19:19)
The dems just don't get it. If they want to win the white house they're going to have to appeal to the rust belt and coal country who's primary concern is losing high paying manufacturing jobs. The unions could give a shit less if there is a trade war where Iphones and Tv's go up a few bucks in price and raising taxes to give freez to illegal immigrants is going to go over like a lead balloon.

wtf is this post. this isn’t for this kinda post man reported

stuff like this is appropriate:

The only use that head-to-head polling has at this point is quantifying exposure, and measuring who is getting their message out and becoming better-known. Clinton would not beat Trump by 24 points or anything close to it. That is essentially impossible barring major personal scandal. She'd destroy him in the battleground states but the NPV would still end up similar to a 56%-44% two-party margin.
Gold: 10,655.00
Aug 21 2019 09:16am

Gold: 0.00
Aug 21 2019 10:54am
majorblood and I laid out the foundation of something truly beautiful, and you all ruined it.
Aug 21 2019 10:55am

Trump says he is seriously looking at ending birthright citizenship

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump/trump-says-he-is-seriously-looking-at-ending-birthright-citizenship-idUSKCN1VB21B

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that his administration was seriously looking at ending the right of citizenship for U.S.-born children of noncitizens and people who immigrated to the United States illegally.

Trump has made cracking down on immigration a central plank of his presidency and re-election campaign, but many of the administration’s sweeping rule changes and executive orders have been stymied by the courts.

The Republican president had told Axios news website in October 2018 that he would end “birthright citizenship” through an executive order. Experts have said such a move would run afoul of the U.S. Constitution.

The Constitution’s 14th Amendment, passed after the Civil War to ensure that black Americans had full citizenship rights, granted citizenship to “all persons born or naturalized in the United States.”

It has since routinely been interpreted to grant citizenship to most people born in the United States, whether or not their parents are American citizens or legally living in the United States.

Good idea.
Aug 21 2019 11:14am
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 21 2019 12:55pm)

This is long overdue. In my opinion it's an archaic policy, few other countries still practice it today (I think the only other in the western hemisphere is Canada), and it's partly to blame for the illegal immigration clusterfuck we're currently in today due to people treating our borders like a NFL football end zone.
Aug 21 2019 12:13pm
Quote (CarsV @ Aug 21 2019 01:14pm)
This is long overdue. In my opinion it's an archaic policy, few other countries still practice it today (I think the only other in the western hemisphere is Canada), and it's partly to blame for the illegal immigration clusterfuck we're currently in today due to people treating our borders like a NFL football end zone.

I feel sorry for those that do things the right way, following all the laws, etc., and then these illegals just make a loophole run. That's bad enough, but then we have half the govt. helping the illegals, break the laws.
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 21 2019 01:45pm
Quote (CarsV @ 21 Aug 2019 19:14)

This.

I have no problem with birthright citizenship for the descendants of legal immigrants who had a long-term status, but applying it to the children of illegal immigrants or tourists is ridiculous and creating all the wrong kinds of incentives.

I'm very sceptical though that Trump will be able to get such a restriction, based on an EO, through the courts - and there's no way to ever get two-thirds majorities in both the House and the Senate for such a change. The Democrats have all the interest in the world to protect the status quo, since the status quo means that all US-born children of illegal immigrants become eligible to vote when they come of age; and they form a demographic which is leaning to the Dems by over 40 percentage points. On top, there are also significant pro-migration, pro-open-borders forces within the GOP and its donors, for example the Koch brothers.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 21 2019 01:47pm
Aug 21 2019 02:06pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 21 2019 03:45pm)
This.

I have no problem with birthright citizenship for the descendants of legal immigrants who had a long-term status, but applying it to the children of illegal immigrants or tourists is ridiculous and creating all the wrong kinds of incentives.

I'm very sceptical though that Trump will be able to get such a restriction, based on an EO, through the courts - and there's no way to ever get two-thirds majorities in both the House and the Senate for such a change. The Democrats have all the interest in the world to protect the status quo, since the status quo means that all US-born children of illegal immigrants become eligible to vote when they come of age; and they form a demographic which is leaning to the Dems by over 40 percentage points. On top, there are also significant pro-migration, pro-open-borders forces within the GOP and its donors, for example the Koch brothers.

Then perhaps Americans need to take matters into their own hands? Have a referendum. It's sickening to me how so many of our political establishment think they're elected to represent foreign nationals while expecting Americans to subsidize their welfare while Americans are struggling for their own welfare while the country hemorrhages in debt. The Democrats have completely gone insane on this issue.
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 21 2019 02:16pm
Quote (Ghot @ 21 Aug 2019 18:55)

You means it's possible to modify the US consitution ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Very very interesting

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev145678983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll