d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Fortnite > Another Keybinds Post
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,084.77
Aug 19 2019 02:21pm
So, I've pretty much just gotten used to this over a ~year and a half span and never changed it.
Now that I'm taking it more serious trying to catch up to real builders, I'm struggling with the distance I have to reach for both edit and pyramid.

I'm looking for suggestions to switch things around that you guys have found success with or know someone who has found success with it.
I use a Deathadder Elite Chroma (Just comfort, never branched out to anything else)

All current binds.

Use/Interact : F

Fighting
-Pickaxe : Tab
-Weapon 1 : E *usually shotgun
-Weapon 2 : R *usually smg
-Weapon 3 : C *usually ar
-Weapon 4 : V *usually sniper/splode/2nd med/throwable
-Weapon 5 : Z *med
-Reload : T

Building
-Edit : G + Mouse Wheel Down to reset quick
-Wall : Q
-Floor : Thumb Button 2 (rear on Deathadder)
-Ramp : Thumb Button 1 (front on Deathadder)
-Pyarmid : 4
-Trap : 5
-Rotate : Click Mouse Button
Repair : J

Auto Run : Left Shift
Crouch : Left Ctrl
Map : `/~ button
Emote : B
Inventory : I

The main issue is reaching for the following keys : G (Edit), 4 (Pyramid), 5 (Trap)
I feel comfortable with the mouse wheel down, two mouse buttons (ramp + floor), and Q (wall).
The rest I don't really mind changing, but I haven't really been able to find anything super helpful.
Gold: 150.00
Aug 20 2019 03:12am
I use Q as my edit and F as my pyramid, but I also have a mouse with three thumb side buttons so I use them for ramp/wall/floor.
Gold: 76.22
Aug 23 2019 07:49am
Quote (StXDiablo @ Aug 19 2019 03:21pm)
So, I've pretty much just gotten used to this over a ~year and a half span and never changed it.
Now that I'm taking it more serious trying to catch up to real builders, I'm struggling with the distance I have to reach for both edit and pyramid.

I'm looking for suggestions to switch things around that you guys have found success with or know someone who has found success with it.
I use a Deathadder Elite Chroma (Just comfort, never branched out to anything else)

All current binds.

Use/Interact : F

Fighting
-Pickaxe : Tab
-Weapon 1 : E *usually shotgun
-Weapon 2 : R *usually smg
-Weapon 3 : C *usually ar
-Weapon 4 : V *usually sniper/splode/2nd med/throwable
-Weapon 5 : Z *med
-Reload : T

Building
-Edit : G + Mouse Wheel Down to reset quick
-Wall : Q
-Floor : Thumb Button 2 (rear on Deathadder)
-Ramp : Thumb Button 1 (front on Deathadder)
-Pyarmid : 4
-Trap : 5
-Rotate : Click Mouse Button
Repair : J

Auto Run : Left Shift
Crouch : Left Ctrl
Map : `/~ button
Emote : B
Inventory : I

The main issue is reaching for the following keys : G (Edit), 4 (Pyramid), 5 (Trap)
I feel comfortable with the mouse wheel down, two mouse buttons (ramp + floor), and Q (wall).
The rest I don't really mind changing, but I haven't really been able to find anything super helpful.

I'd re purpose your use ... less important than you pyramid.
You don't need to "use" something fast as fuck, vs using pyramid to save yourself. I never changed the default use key (E) so I can't say much lol, but my pyramid is left alt. Trap is f1 for me (I used F1 for spear/nado/mb for d2 so its the most common button i'd press lol).

I also double bind some of my keys, like G & side mouse button is floor, V and other mouse button is ramp, B and left-alt are pyramid... so I can carpet easy by rolling my fingers GB, vs box fighting and shit with just the odd pyramid with alt.
Gold: 4,084.77
Aug 24 2019 07:42am
Quote (UnderworldX @ Aug 23 2019 09:49am)
I'd re purpose your use ... less important than you pyramid.
You don't need to "use" something fast as fuck, vs using pyramid to save yourself. I never changed the default use key (E) so I can't say much lol, but my pyramid is left alt. Trap is f1 for me (I used F1 for spear/nado/mb for d2 so its the most common button i'd press lol).

I also double bind some of my keys, like G & side mouse button is floor, V and other mouse button is ramp, B and left-alt are pyramid... so I can carpet easy by rolling my fingers GB, vs box fighting and shit with just the odd pyramid with alt.

yeah, so been a couple days now and i got a recommendation via pm to change my use key to mouse wheel up.

so now i've been testing :
Use/Interact : Mouse Wheel Up
-Pyarmid : F
-Trap : G
-Edit : Left Shift

it's super awkward, but I'm going to try and let my muscle memory settle and see how the overall improvement is.
Go Back To Fortnite Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll