d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Low Compression Issue
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,367.19
Aug 20 2019 07:02pm
Quote (Subban3gr0 @ Aug 20 2019 06:07pm)
Well you might need more than a cleaner then
Anyways 99% of those low compression/ idle complain ive been through have been fixed with carbon removal manually or with stuff like you used
For my part i use wynns decarbon on my client cars, it the best one ive found so far
You have to use it right tho

I'll look into it.
Gold: 2,385.00
Aug 20 2019 07:13pm
Quote (hi_whoareyou @ Aug 20 2019 09:02pm)
I'll look into it.

First bottle is the foam you soak it up but dont let the engine die
When your at about the 3/4 kill the engine by flooding it then let it sit about 30 min

then use the other stuff, with a buddy keep the engine at 1500 rpm while spraying through the closest vacuum hose available

When over stop the engine for 10 min

Go for a road test, make sure to floor it right away
Engine gonna die so be safe and it might take a while to restart but dont worry once it can idle freely floor it once again your neighbor gonna love it
Sep 7 2019 09:32pm
So, Update on the car. I found out the piston did have a hole in it. Took it to a shop cause I don't really have the time to mess with it much more. I'm going to have them pull it to see the amount of damage is done to it. I was looking at maybe buying a new block. Since it is the ford 2.0 ecoboost engine do you think I could just get one of those off ebay? it's 700 compared to a 5k engine. Everything should line up correctly though right?
Gold: 1,250.00
Sep 8 2019 09:20am
Quote (hi_whoareyou @ Sep 7 2019 11:32pm)
So, Update on the car. I found out the piston did have a hole in it. Took it to a shop cause I don't really have the time to mess with it much more. I'm going to have them pull it to see the amount of damage is done to it. I was looking at maybe buying a new block. Since it is the ford 2.0 ecoboost engine do you think I could just get one of those off ebay? it's 700 compared to a 5k engine. Everything should line up correctly though right?

Make sure the 8th vin number matches and it should be the same motor.
Sep 8 2019 06:23pm
Quote (SheriffCool @ Sep 8 2019 10:20am)
Make sure the 8th vin number matches and it should be the same motor.

I lied ford ecoboost is a 9 and the range rover is a G

This post was edited by hi_whoareyou on Sep 8 2019 06:42pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 24 2019 07:35am
When ignition delay is long or inappropriate then much larger quantity of fuel has been injected before the first droplets burn and this may result in high rate of combustion all at once, giving rise to very high pressure waves and also higher peak pressures, causing a peculiar thudding sound. aka knocking or detonation. (pre-ignition)

this high pressure and heat is why it blew out.

hope you don't do this again... do regular oil changes and checkups

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Common causes of detonation include a buildup of carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and on the top of the piston that increase compression, no EGR (exhaust gas recirculation), overadvanced ignition timing, a bad knock sensor, a lean fuel mixture, low quality gasoline that does not meet minimum octane requirements, or any cooling problems that causes the engine to run hotter than normal (coolant leak, low coolant level, bad water pump, stuck thermostat, restricted radiator, defective cooling fan, even exhaust restrictions that back up heat into the engine.~~~~~

This post was edited by eMptyBox on Sep 24 2019 07:38am
Oct 6 2019 06:03pm
Quote (eMptyBox @ Sep 24 2019 08:35am)
When ignition delay is long or inappropriate then much larger quantity of fuel has been injected before the first droplets burn and this may result in high rate of combustion all at once, giving rise to very high pressure waves and also higher peak pressures, causing a peculiar thudding sound. aka knocking or detonation. (pre-ignition)

this high pressure and heat is why it blew out.

hope you don't do this again... do regular oil changes and checkups

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Common causes of detonation include a buildup of carbon deposits in the combustion chamber and on the top of the piston that increase compression, no EGR (exhaust gas recirculation), overadvanced ignition timing, a bad knock sensor, a lean fuel mixture, low quality gasoline that does not meet minimum octane requirements, or any cooling problems that causes the engine to run hotter than normal (coolant leak, low coolant level, bad water pump, stuck thermostat, restricted radiator, defective cooling fan, even exhaust restrictions that back up heat into the engine.~~~~~

I actually bought it from auction with this issue. But thanks for the info so I know now :)
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll