d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Iso: Good Learner Project Ideas > Php
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,604.22
Aug 18 2019 05:04pm
Hi guys,

Posted a couple of times about what languages to learn and went with PHP first. Already have HTML, CSS and Bootstrap locked down, so should be relatively easy to progress. I have been learning a bit with some PHP books, and some online tutorials and feel that I could now start progressing on to some good little projects to get me used to using the principles I have learned. I have almost no creativity when it comes to thinking of idea's (or too much) and I would like an idea of something that I can do to accelerate my learning.

Some that have been given to me is a secret Santa script, a deck of card shuffling script, without using the randomize function in PHP, however, I am looking for other suggestions too.

Any feedback welcome.
Gold: 3,804.50
Aug 18 2019 08:22pm
come up with ideas that interest you.

i wanted to make a different front end for youtube. the youtube subscriptions show everything, whereas i want to see them by category. (chess, cooking, music, etc).

another youtube thing, some channels only have a specific playlist that interests me. i dont care about the other 70% of their videos. you can write something that only picks up those videos and do whatever you want with it. email notifications, show on screen, etc.

also trying to figure out my 401k situation. suppose i put in 6% for the past 6 months. what percent could i start contributing now to max out the 401k, but still get my employer's 3% match? put in some form fields and do the math on it.
Gold: 3,604.22
Aug 19 2019 05:18am
I had a silly idea to make a basic input front end that you can select a list of people playing customs in pubg, that would randomise them in to groups of a specified number (duo's, trio's etc) and print them out to screen in a little series of tables of who is playing in which team. The bit I fell down with so far is DOM with JS for the front end of it. With me learning PHP already, I would prefer to make it just work straight up without a full front end to start with. I was going to just hard code it and put a front end on afterwards, wonder if that's worth a shout?
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll