d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Kinda Stuck On Singleplayer Classic Sorc
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Aug 19 2019 12:45pm
When you MF hell Andy, either max MF (to go for SOJ), or minimize MF (to get good yellows). Judging from your gear, I’d personally minimize MF. SOJ is more like a luxury item once you have all your resists, blocks, Fhr in place.

Your amulet seems the worst to me. I’d prefer a prismatic amulet (20 all res) with no mods over yours. You can make one with a horadric cube recipe quite easily. Or you can gamble amulets non stop and hope for +1 Sorc skill on top of Prism.

If the resists are seriously lacking, consider Large Shield with 3 PDiamonds, this gives you 57 all res, could be better than the Ward if it didn’t have a good roll.

FHR is cheapest on armor and belt. I’d personally prioritize 24 Fhr over 50 life on belt given your setup. I’d live with 3 rows belts in SP as well.

With Shard and Magefist you already have 70 FCR. So on the ring slot you don’t need any FCR. That should make it easier for you to find +single resist/+life/+mana ones.

Regarding the skills. In classic frozen orb is better than Blizzard because it requires much less synergies (feel free to leave ice bolt at 1), and you don’t have a merc for crowd control. Also, static field is your best skill. Use it as much as you can. I personally leveled it to level 10(during SP walkthrough), but this is up to you.

Fireball’s damage is simply lacking without the skill bonuses in LoD. As other mentioned. I personally prefer firewall or meteor. However both are harder to use and you need to learn to manipulate mob’s movements to maximize their effectiveness.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 19 2019 01:24pm
Thank you for the replies again :) I forgot to mention my belt already has 24% FHR, on top of 56 life, 22% fire res and 15% poison and 4 slots, so I think it's very decent.

I will look into crafting an amulet, never crafted anything in D2 so that might be a cool thing to do

My ward got 35 and I didn't know it's a random roll, now I don't know if I'm happy with it :( it's kinda on the low end of 30-50.

Seems like the best course of action would really be resetting my stats/skills in norm or NM, but damn I have the coolest maps rn. Welp, no use from the maps if I can't kill stuff I guess!

The tip for the ring is good, I will look for something else for my finger.

Do you guys think changing to pure frozen orb would be better than hybrid? I plan on only doing CS, can I kill all seal bosses with just frost damage (and static)?
Gold: 0.01
Aug 19 2019 02:45pm
Hybrid sorc will always run into issues when running CS (De Seis is often fire/cold immune). I’ve experimented with many skill setups in SP. And currently the one I’m most happy with is:

Cold tree (total 46):
20 Frozen Orb
20 Cold Mastery
1 Frozen armor and prerequisite

Lightning (total 13):
10 static
1 teleport
1 Lightning mastery
1 telekinesis

Fire (total 26):
20 Firewall
3 warmth
1 Fire mastery
2 prerequisites

And you’ll be done at level 74. Rest points can go into fire mastery or ice bolt. I would put into ice bolt as Orb is my main kill spell.

Reason for lightning mastery is I use thunderstorm staff switch to kill fire/cold immune. The best staff would be +2 sorc skill / 3 thunderstorm. I’m still using one with only +3.

20 cold mastery is for faster clear times in Chaos. Doom knight and the green demon.

3 warmth just because I want to reduce frequencies of going back to town to buy pots. Very debatable.

By no means is my setup so called “best”. You can stick to meteor instead of firewall if you prefer. Some people prefer Hydra.

Also, one way to experiment skill reset in SP, is to save your character file elsewhere and reload if reset wasn’t satisfactory. This is a little bit of cheating of course so it’s up to you.
Gold: 20.00
Aug 19 2019 07:28pm
Quote (LastKiss @ Aug 19 2019 02:45pm)
Hybrid sorc will always run into issues when running CS (De Seis is often fire/cold immune). I’ve experimented with many skill setups in SP. And currently the one I’m most happy with is:

Cold tree (total 46):
20 Frozen Orb
20 Cold Mastery
1 Frozen armor and prerequisite

Lightning (total 13):
10 static
1 teleport
1 Lightning mastery
1 telekinesis

Fire (total 26):
20 Firewall
3 warmth
1 Fire mastery
2 prerequisites

And you’ll be done at level 74. Rest points can go into fire mastery or ice bolt. I would put into ice bolt as Orb is my main kill spell.

Reason for lightning mastery is I use thunderstorm staff switch to kill fire/cold immune. The best staff would be +2 sorc skill / 3 thunderstorm. I’m still using one with only +3.

20 cold mastery is for faster clear times in Chaos. Doom knight and the green demon.

3 warmth just because I want to reduce frequencies of going back to town to buy pots. Very debatable.

By no means is my setup so called “best”. You can stick to meteor instead of firewall if you prefer. Some people prefer Hydra.

Also, one way to experiment skill reset in SP, is to save your character file elsewhere and reload if reset wasn’t satisfactory. This is a little bit of cheating of course so it’s up to you.

Solid advice here
Gold: 1,665.00
Aug 20 2019 12:12am

Nokozan Relic
Amulet
Required Level: 10
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 3-6 Fire damage
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Fire Resist +50%
+3 to Light Radius

i prefer nokozan due to max fireres and important ^^20 FHR^^,
its best pvm amu imo.

u nn irathas or unique boots for max fireres and fhr on boots or shield is not needed
Gold: 26,794.00
Aug 21 2019 01:05pm
Dont anyone advice you to have 17 cold mastery with skills? More is waste..
Gold: 20.00
Aug 22 2019 12:03pm
Quote (Pr0mo @ Aug 21 2019 01:05pm)
Dont anyone advice you to have 17 cold mastery with skills? More is waste..

Depends what you're using the sorc for. CS monsters have cold resist and so do bosses, and also number of players in game plays into it, if killing speed is an issue this should be looked at

In single player you dont even need 17 for playing through the game, it can be a lot lower

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Aug 22 2019 12:03pm
Gold: 3,335.00
Aug 23 2019 05:01am
river of flame can be a good place to lvl cold sorcs
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll