d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Kinda Stuck On Singleplayer Classic Sorc
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 18 2019 11:28am
Hi!

I have a level 75 Sorc and I'm kinda stuck. I've been farming Hell Andariel for past week and I'm kind of sick of that place, I only wanted SoJ from her anyways and I've got plenty of other rings but no SoJ. Here's where I'm stuck though, I've been doing my leveling on /players8 Ancient Tunnels and it's getting slow. I have big problems in river of flame or AS however.

Please help me with finding a place to level or maybe something to change in build / gear to improve?

Current gear:

Shard
magefist
Tarnhelm / 10% FHR 30% light + other rare helm
56 life 22% fire 15% poison 4slot belt
Goldskin
The Ward / Wall of the Eyeless (Im using Ward for res)
20% FRW 31% cold 29% poison 21% MF half freeze Boots
Nagelring & 10% FCR 14% light + others ring
16 life 29 mana 26% cold amulet

I also have Chance Guards and Nokozan Relic.

Build:

20 Blizz
13 Cold Mastery
20+1 Fireball
13+1 Fire Mastery (I know now I should've gotten Meteor instead of Fire Mastery)
10 TP
And 1points in needed

I've used up 1 skill reset already and would hesitate with another because I have some amazing maps right now (very close andy, meph, Ancient Tunnels)

Thank you in advance.

Gold: 117,684.01
Aug 18 2019 11:41am
travi and meph runs should bring you to lvl80 on p8 in a few hours

besides cows and cs there is not much left to do in classic
get familiar with cs, you just need to kill the seal bosses and diablo
Gold: 20.00
Aug 18 2019 02:57pm
Fire ball and fire mastery is inefficient skill combo

You get way more damage if you combine fire ball and fire bolt

Otherwise you should do meteor and fire mastery

Also you should be using frozen orb instead of blizzard with that few skills invested, orb will be more efficient

Get rid of the skills in teleport, that's just bad if you are serious about being hybrid with decent damage

Your faster hit recovery and faster block rate breakpoints are non existant, I would overhaul your gear set up, but what you're using is ok, just not my style of gear

Gold: 0.95
Aug 18 2019 03:18pm
You cam play with your Singleplayer in a Tcp/Ip game witha Barb and a Paladin together.
Ore Just with Barb and change Charakters from Paladin too Sorc in every Game.
You can run your D2 Game in Singleplayer 2 ore 3 times.
Make a Copy of your D2 Folder and start your first game normal and the copy with the simple programm Virtual Box.
D2se with plugY ist easy too and you didnt need the Box.
With Barb Pala/Sorc you can clean the CS with Pala and make just the Bosses with Sorc and maby nonimune Champions if you want too.
Using the Barb too clean CS is not a good idea because of the long time it takes.
Its a good Idea too clean cs in /players 1, Sais too and make the other two bosses on /players8.
Your Barb should be a King so you can open games and make Questdrop with your Sorc @Diablo for maximal rare drop.
Gold: 45.00
Aug 18 2019 03:43pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Aug 18 2019 11:57pm)

Also you should be using frozen orb instead of blizzard with that few skills invested, orb will be more efficient

Get rid of the skills in teleport, that's just bad if you are serious about being hybrid with decent damage

Your faster hit recovery and faster block rate breakpoints are non existant, I would overhaul your gear set up, but what you're using is ok, just not my style of gear

This. You have no fcr
Gold: 1,665.00
Aug 19 2019 02:26am
Quote (SagittariusA @ 18 Aug 2019 22:57)

its SP, u cant use twitch if you dont find 1
Gold: 1,665.00
Aug 19 2019 02:27am
Quote (Torikago @ 18 Aug 2019 19:28)
Hi!

I have a level 75 Sorc and I'm kinda stuck. I've been farming Hell Andariel for past week and I'm kind of sick of that place, I only wanted SoJ from her anyways and I've got plenty of other rings but no SoJ. Here's where I'm stuck though, I've been doing my leveling on /players8 Ancient Tunnels and it's getting slow. I have big problems in river of flame or AS however.

Please help me with finding a place to level or maybe something to change in build / gear to improve?

Current gear:

Shard
magefist
Tarnhelm / 10% FHR 30% light + other rare helm
56 life 22% fire 15% poison 4slot belt
Goldskin
The Ward / Wall of the Eyeless (Im using Ward for res)
20% FRW 31% cold 29% poison 21% MF half freeze Boots
Nagelring & 10% FCR 14% light + others ring
16 life 29 mana 26% cold amulet

I also have Chance Guards and Nokozan Relic.

Build:

20 Blizz
13 Cold Mastery
20+1 Fireball
13+1 Fire Mastery (I know now I should've gotten Meteor instead of Fire Mastery)
10 TP
And 1points in needed

I've used up 1 skill reset already and would hesitate with another because I have some amazing maps right now (very close andy, meph, Ancient Tunnels)

Thank you in advance.

always use nokozan, best sorc amu
Aug 19 2019 06:09am
Quote (KaterMikesch @ Aug 19 2019 02:26am)
its SP, u cant use twitch if you dont find 1

I didn't say anything about twitch
Gold: 0.00
Aug 19 2019 09:11am
"You have no FCR"

50% from Shard, 20% from Magefist, 10% from ring, that's 63 breakpoint right there. I could hit 105 with Eyeless and if I found some FCR on amulet, but I lose plenty of res from not using the Ward.

that multiboxing idea is just not something I'm looking for, I want to play singleplayer. If I wanted to play multi I would play multi.

Would you please expand on why Nokozan is so good? Doesn't seem like very useful unless doing CS

As for Faster Block and FHR I'm trying to get more FHR, but 34% is what I can get from gear rn. Maybe I can get to 42 breakpoint if I get a better amulet or a better ring. As for Block, should I go out of my way to get some points in that, or should I stick to getting FCR/FHR/Res/Life on gear?

And thank you all for the replies!
Aug 19 2019 12:00pm
Quote (Torikago @ Aug 19 2019 09:11am)
"You have no FCR"

50% from Shard, 20% from Magefist, 10% from ring, that's 63 breakpoint right there. I could hit 105 with Eyeless and if I found some FCR on amulet, but I lose plenty of res from not using the Ward.

that multiboxing idea is just not something I'm looking for, I want to play singleplayer. If I wanted to play multi I would play multi.

Would you please expand on why Nokozan is so good? Doesn't seem like very useful unless doing CS

As for Faster Block and FHR I'm trying to get more FHR, but 34% is what I can get from gear rn. Maybe I can get to 42 breakpoint if I get a better amulet or a better ring. As for Block, should I go out of my way to get some points in that, or should I stick to getting FCR/FHR/Res/Life on gear?

And thank you all for the replies!

Well the skill distribution is of paramount importance, it drives everything else.

But with gear, it depends on your playstyle. If you slow play, or if you tele to bosses and just kill essential monsters

I would recommend 42 fhr for fast play, 30 or less for walk through, and 60 for gosu CS

Without faster block you always risk a small chance of death but if you're softcore and not top end gosu, it's ok to skip

Also dont underestimate block % for tanking if you're dying often, if you dont plan on using twitch, I recommend tower or bone with 20%block bonus

Resists are what you fill in after your basic breakpoints are accomplished, and based on what you're running. In CS I think it's important to max all, other areas are situational

It's pretty hard to have significant mf on a tank able sorc, if you can manage 100 mf and still hit all your breaks, your doing very well

Nokazon is descent starter amulet for sure but lol its definately not amazing if you're gear is set up correctly. I'd use in Hc for a cheap disposable build on a taxi sorc
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll