d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Headphones & Grounding Issues > Headphone Buzz/humming Noises
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2019 06:20pm
so I have gotten a built desktop that my friend had used for roughly 1 year. Brought over to my house and I plugged in everything and been using it since with no problem.

Been using it on same spot which is under my desk and plugged in to a 6-outlet extension.

Now problem is past 12 months period of time, my headset has this buzz/humming noise when I turn on my desktop, can't use discord at all because of this noise.
Headset is a 3.0 usb wire headset plugged into front panel.
It happens and it goes away but in random times. It has happened maybe 3-4 times within 9 months, humming/buzzing stays like that for weeks and it goes away. Now I have heard that this has to do with desktop and power cables grounding issues? I'm no where near familiar to this but one thing I have noticed is that when I take off my headset off my head and put it on my desk, mic volume bar goes red to green (its buzzing/humming goes down drastically).
So before I make any changes or purchases to better headphones or sound card, I want to try any given solutions.

Please let me know any suggestion is welcome!

This post was edited by mason1989 on Aug 15 2019 06:39pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Aug 15 2019 06:33pm
Headphones/set wired?
connected into pc?
get a dac.

If there wireless I doubt its the pc unless you have interference from another wireless device.

have you even tried using other headphones/set to see if maybe its just that set?
Aug 15 2019 06:38pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Aug 15 2019 08:33pm)
Headphones/set wired?
connected into pc?
get a dac.

If there wireless I doubt its the pc unless you have interference from another wireless device.

have you even tried using other headphones/set to see if maybe its just that set?

so sorry about that, can't believe I forgot to mention.
its a 3.0 usb wired headset plugged into front panel.

don't got other headsets to try.
Aug 15 2019 06:44pm
try plugging it into the back into the mobo... any change?
and we can't suggest anything if you have no options.
Aug 15 2019 07:02pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Aug 15 2019 08:44pm)
try plugging it into the back into the mobo... any change?
and we can't suggest anything if you have no options.

no changes but I am just trying to figure out why it goes away on its own at random times. Like buzz and humming will occur about 2-3 weeks and then goes away for 2-3 days and come back
it seems like possible grounding issues..maybe I should look up how to properly ground desktop.
Aug 15 2019 07:04pm
Quote (mason1989 @ Aug 15 2019 09:02pm)
no changes but I am just trying to figure out why it goes away on its own at random times. Like buzz and humming will occur about 2-3 weeks and then goes away for 2-3 days and come back
it seems like possible grounding issues..maybe I should look up how to properly ground desktop.

the desktop is grounded unless wiring in your house is fucked.
usually the front panel can be an issue hence trying it in the back.

you need options though... go to a library and use the headset and see if it functions there, should auto install being usb.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll