d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Any Regrets? > @ Santara, Icemage, Thundercock, Plasmas
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2019 01:06pm
I’m just wondering if the constant critics of Obama, including the racists and near-racists, have any regrets about their bullshit on this forum during the Obama years.

All of the hooey about debts and deficits was just a show, wasn’t it? Come around to see that Obama was actually pretty much a centrist? Regret nurturing the vile atmosphere we now have with President Dipshit? Prepared for the Trump vs Sanders or Trump vs Warren, AKA Awful vs Terrible 2020 election and 2021-2025 shitfest?
Gold: 28,296.01
Aug 15 2019 01:08pm
Quote (Interesting @ Aug 15 2019 12:06pm)
I’m just wondering if the constant critics of Obama, including the racists and near-racists, have any regrets about their bullshit on this forum during the Obama years.

All of the hooey about debts and deficits was just a show, wasn’t it? Come around to see that Obama was actually pretty much a centrist? Regret nurturing the vile atmosphere we now have with President Dipshit? Prepared for the Trump vs Sanders or Trump vs Warren, AKA Awful vs Terrible 2020 election and 2021-2025 shitfest?

@ Santara, Icemage, Thundercock, Plasmas

" including the racists and near-racists"

Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 15 2019 01:15pm
basically, we ate a turd sandwitch, then we were given a glass of piss to wash it down, so the turd sandwitch is our fault because we drank piss?

Obama expanded the power and scope of EOs, got very little done legislatively, and did little to calm racial tensions surrounding a great number of issues.

he was neither centrist nor even remotely as ineffectual as Trump, but he got basically nothing done.

His list of accomplishments rest on:

1. Obamacare, which in hindsight was terrible done and heavily weighted to insurance companies
2. on-par economic recover, neither meteoric nor sluggish
3. Gay Marriage (he had nothing to do with it)
4. ineffectual "armor piercing" ammo ban

he didn't get any movement on CJ reform besides a few clemencies which is standard even for GOP potuses. he didnt do anything to curb the war on drugs. he didnt reform taxes or entitlements through the legislature. He didnt get any mental health reform. He oversaw the continued bailouts for the banks who caused the housing crisis and economic depression.

basically he was a change candidate that scared the GOP voters into killing his mandate, so he spent 6/8 years with no senate to approve anything. Just like Trump will be. they're gridlock POTUSes who promised the moon but delivered a 25 cent moonpie.
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 15 2019 01:29pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Aug 2019 21:15)
basically, we ate a turd sandwitch, then we were given a glass of piss to wash it down, so the turd sandwitch is our fault because we drank piss?

Obama expanded the power and scope of EOs, got very little done legislatively, and did little to calm racial tensions surrounding a great number of issues.

he was neither centrist nor even remotely as ineffectual as Trump, but he got basically nothing done.

1. Obamacare, which in hindsight was terrible done and heavily weighted to insurance companies

he didn't get any movement on CJ reform besides a few clemencies which is standard even for GOP potuses. he didnt do anything to curb the war on drugs. he didnt reform taxes or entitlements through the legislature. He didnt get any mental health reform. He oversaw the continued bailouts for the banks who caused the housing crisis and economic depression.

basically he was a change candidate that scared the GOP voters into killing his mandate, so he spent 6/8 years with no senate to approve anything. Just like Trump will be. they're gridlock POTUSes who promised the moon but delivered a 25 cent moonpie.

But he was giving eloquent and aesthetic speeches full of big words, so he was the darling of the media and got a Nobel Prize without doing anything. :rofl:
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 15 2019 01:30pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 15 2019 02:15pm)

I disagree that the Obama recovery was on-par. As recoveries go, it was entirely tepid at best.
He also did help gay marriage by ending the legal defense of DOMA.

But to rate the entirety of his presidency, it was one of abuses. Whether it was fast and furious guns, the national labor relations board, maintaining Guantanamo Bay, spying on citizens, wiretapping the Trump campaign, killing Qaddafi, prosecution of whistle blowers, or IRS targeting, his entire presidency was one of glib-tongued but mean spirited abuse. I for one am glad to say he's gone.
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 15 2019 01:33pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 15 2019 02:29pm)
But he was giving eloquent and aesthetic speeches full of big words, so he was the darling of the media and got a Nobel Prize without doing anything. :rofl:

I think with a senate/congress backing he would have tackled a great number of issues, but you can only expect a guy with no legs to get so far.

Obama missed an opportunity for a bipartisan pot legalization effort, it would have been a shining star on his otherwise lackluster record. he did allow state legalization to spread freely, which in the long run is a huge pro-legalization stepping stone, but he didnt go far enough.

Quote (Santara @ Aug 15 2019 02:30pm)
I disagree that the Obama recovery was on-par. As recoveries go, it was entirely tepid at best.
He also did help gay marriage by ending the legal defense of DOMA.

But to rate the entirety of his presidency, it was one of abuses. Whether it was fast and furious guns, the national labor relations board, maintaining Guantanamo Bay, spying on citizens, wiretapping the Trump campaign, killing Qaddafi, prosecution of whistle blowers, or IRS targeting, his entire presidency was one of glib-tongued but mean spirited abuse. I for one am glad to say he's gone.

all good and true points, but nothing that i think will stick with him in hte long run. we can all see the future will be very pro-spying on citizens, sadly it's just going that way. i think in that aspect his 'abuse' will be washed off the lens of time.

I for one am glad 90% of his presidency existed in EOs, as does Trump's, it wipes away all lasting effect, or at least it's staying power. one pen stroke, poof.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 15 2019 01:36pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 15 2019 01:37pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Aug 2019 21:33)
I think with a senate/congress backing he would have tackled a great number of issues, but you can only expect a guy with no legs to get so far.

Obama missed an opportunity for a bipartisan pot legalization effort, it would have been a shining star on his otherwise lackluster record. he did allow state legalization to spread freely, which in the long run is a huge pro-legalization stepping stone, but he didnt go far enough.

I dont know... would it really look good in history books?
"First ever black president - his signature achievment? Legalizing pot!"

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 15 2019 01:46pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 15 2019 01:48pm
Obama did a decent job given the circumstances he faced, but there's a number of things I criticized over the years that I would stand by. Any presidency sandwiched in between Bush and Trump has to look pretty damn good.

Btw, nobody here likes Obama. Haters everywhere.
Gold: 83.30
Aug 15 2019 01:52pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 15 2019 09:15pm)

Obama doesn't get the credit for pulling out of Iraq?

This post was edited by balrog66 on Aug 15 2019 01:52pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2019 01:53pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Aug 15 2019 09:08pm)
@ Santara, Icemage, Thundercock, Plasmas

" including the racists and near-racists"

https://media.giphy.com/media/pPhyAv5t9V8djyRFJH/giphy.gif

Santara definitely racist.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll