d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > How To Perfect The Squat Movement
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2019 12:10pm
I work a desk job and i try to stand and break it up every 20 - 30 mins.

The problem I notice when I squat is I have a very hard time keeping my pelvis forward, if at all. It's nearly impossible for me. I'm not sure if this is a weak muscle issue but I'm sure its due to flexibility.

I want to get into yoga more, but I don't know where to begin or what to stretch and how to do it/how long. Right now, I'm only squatting 135 and I don't get any lower back pain, but before I keep adding weight, I'd like to see if I can improve with proper form so I don't risk injury.

Also, I noticed when I run, my stride is extremely short. I am trying to work on that, but I'm pretty sure it's because of tightness.

Can anyone recommend me things to improve? thank you.

Gold: 364.69
Warn: 30%
Aug 15 2019 05:53pm
Quote (Element1023 @ Aug 15 2019 01:10pm)
I work a desk job and i try to stand and break it up every 20 - 30 mins.

The problem I notice when I squat is I have a very hard time keeping my pelvis forward, if at all. It's nearly impossible for me. I'm not sure if this is a weak muscle issue but I'm sure its due to flexibility.

I want to get into yoga more, but I don't know where to begin or what to stretch and how to do it/how long. Right now, I'm only squatting 135 and I don't get any lower back pain, but before I keep adding weight, I'd like to see if I can improve with proper form so I don't risk injury.

Also, I noticed when I run, my stride is extremely short. I am trying to work on that, but I'm pretty sure it's because of tightness.

Can anyone recommend me things to improve? thank you.

Fluidity comes from water, drink up.
Understand what your muscles and skeleton are trying to accomplish.
Fix imbalances.
Gold: 56.00
Aug 16 2019 10:04am
Post a vid man, abdominal bracing is important, so is getting your back very tight before the lift

You have the right idea getting your form checked before looking to improve your weights

This post was edited by turtol on Aug 16 2019 10:05am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll