d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Stability Issues
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 14 2019 10:42am
Hi All,

I posted last year about an issue with my build:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78483618&f=199

Well, I did RMA the CPU, MBoard, and SSD. I got replacements and it all worked again... for awhile. About 9 months ago, a new issue started occurring. I’ll be playing a game and it will just skip—instantly power off and back on like a restart. I couldn’t do it faster even if I was manipulating the PSU switch. This is very frustrating as it drops my MMR in a Overwatch or gives me leaver status in other games.

I have found no consistent way to trigger the issue other than that it seems to almost always do it in one specific map of Overwatch. It has done it in Starcraft 2, even in freaking Everquest, and especially in Overwatch. The issue has never occurred in non-gaming use. I’ve never had it happen browsing the web, working on Word docs, etc.

I’ve taken steps to troubleshoot. I reset my BIOS. I reformatted my drive and did a completely fresh install of Windows 10. I installed all updated drivers. It took 5 hours of playing Overwatch and Starcraft but it assuredly happened again.

I have stress tested my RAM in Prime95 for several hours and it did fine. Thermals look good, even when gaming.

Maybe it is the PSU? I’ve thought about replacing that first, followed by the RAM. Maybe the GfX card is just starting to fail?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Gold: 18,352.00
Aug 14 2019 11:25am
ONLY WAY TO TEST RAM IS MEMTESTX86, ANYTHING LESS IS A JOKE.
damn caps lock

Sounds like psu and power issue to me.
try running prime and occt together.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll