d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Vba - How To Split Complicated Strings In Groups?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50,000.00
Aug 10 2019 09:23am
Hey,

I'm searching for hours now but I still found out how to split complicated strings in groups. So basically that is what I want to do:

String is like "{"Text":0, "Text":"TexT", "Text:"\\xffc2Text \\n\\xffcText}"

I'd like to bring all Text in an Array to work with and get them in to Excel Cells. The last part would be no problem. But I can't split the String.

Anyone can help me? I once programmed in biopearl where it was very easy to do such things. There must be a easy way to do this in VBA :-D.

Thx and regards!
Gold: 50.00
Aug 10 2019 06:46pm
StringRegEx is what you're going to be facing.

I'm no professional at it (I need to learn it inside and out because of how useful it is) but that's what you need to do.

So pretty much what will happen is you say;

Start Capture Point @ "Text" end @ X

X being a variable that you can set for different possibilities. But like I said i've only done it on very simple XML stuff where everything is structured.

Good luck!
Gold: 50,000.00
Aug 11 2019 05:39am
Quote (3oDAtlas @ 11 Aug 2019 02:46)
StringRegEx is what you're going to be facing.

I'm no professional at it (I need to learn it inside and out because of how useful it is) but that's what you need to do.

So pretty much what will happen is you say;

Start Capture Point @ "Text" end @ X

X being a variable that you can set for different possibilities. But like I said i've only done it on very simple XML stuff where everything is structured.

Good luck!

Thx :-). Actually I changed the system, left excel/visual basics behind and started using MySQL and PHP :-D. Works fine xD.
Gold: 50.00
Aug 11 2019 10:52am
Quote (Lunacy @ Aug 11 2019 07:39am)
Thx :-). Actually I changed the system, left excel/visual basics behind and started using MySQL and PHP :-D. Works fine xD.

100% agree that MySQL is the way to go. Nothing beats it in data management.

GL!
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll