d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Some Coming Back Question !
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 948.00
Aug 6 2019 04:59pm
Hey fellows slasher !

As i can see the community is slowly leaving this game, which is sad, but good news, I am coming back !!

To make it quick, maybe you dont remember me at all, maybe you do, I had at somepoint in time ( around 2013-2014 ) some pretty neat item in my possession for climbing

https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=599133&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=589085&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=531850&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=40638&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=20897648&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=2893430&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=14535&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=344349&c=0
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=599133&c=0

In all it wasnt a good period for me to keep it up so I sold em back to the community (sick Mq axe and 72 stat lvl 40 lightning in there ^^)

I am here today because the game have change quite a bit ( i think :/ ) and I have some question for you people

1- Since I am somewhat poor for now, which feeder should I make on a budget to start climbing again ?
2- Is Heavy weapon climbing viable or too expensive ?
3- I never really cared about profiency, are they rolling back to 0 once the ladder reset ? what are they doing for weapon and for skill in general ?
4- Is it doable to only have a farming character at high end and not giving a damn about MQ ?

5- Is it better for me to climb by myself and sell my GP to some guild or go into a guild a stay with em ? (im back after so many years, not many people from my times are still here )
6- I saw some people buying XYZ items from 1fg to 2-3fg for Glyphing/transmutting, is it worth to keep the item to sell em or we come across so few that it is actually a waste of time ?

Thank you all for your time and answers, I really appreciate it and I hope we meet into LS

P.s. If anyone has a not so bad set of weapon / armor they can sell for cheap ( ill get around 2-3k fg in the next few days ) I will be more than happy to buy em

If you guys know who hold my old items, please link em to me eheh ^^

This post was edited by WhySoPro on Aug 6 2019 05:03pm
Gold: 7,805.79
Aug 6 2019 10:03pm
1- Since I am somewhat poor for now, which feeder should I make on a budget to start climbing again ?

Barb or pally, can use clubs and heavy armors which are the cheapest. Mage will be aids with mana on budget gear.

Viable, will be hard finding a set ft tho

3- I never really cared about profiency, are they rolling back to 0 once the ladder reset ? what are they doing for weapon and for skill in general ?

Proficiency doesnt roll back. Part of your char, only goes down if you die. 1 Prof = 1 ee to that weapon type

4- Is it doable to only have a farming character at high end and not giving a damn about MQ ?

Yes, Bwconformity just has a lvl 55 char that he farms gear and repeately dies to reset exp to 0 and continue farming continually st lvl 55.

5- Is it better for me to climb by myself and sell my GP to some guild or go into a guild a stay with em ? (im back after so many years, not many people from my times are still here )

Depends. Spending 1-4+ hours to MQ isnt worth 25-50fg per gp to me imo

6- I saw some people buying XYZ items from 1fg to 2-3fg for Glyphing/transmutting, is it worth to keep the item to sell em or we come across so few that it is actually a waste of time ?

You can sell, but again its not worth my time to save and then put up 1-3fg items on the marketplace. Depends on if you have the time/patience
Aug 7 2019 06:54am
Any idea how much would be a set of somewhat okay club and armor to fully climb ?
Since im new I dont know item price and most people only post Gg item ft or mule and ask that we offer up :\
Gold: 31,200.10
Aug 7 2019 09:44am
I'd suggest swords. They'll get you further than clubs.
Aug 7 2019 10:34am
Quote (subwolf22 @ Aug 7 2019 11:44am)

Sure but with a budget of 1000 fg,
Getting a sword and armor set could be difficult, what you think?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 7 2019 10:58am
Quote (Pick @ 6 Aug 2019 23:03)

Barb or pally, can use clubs and heavy armors which are the cheapest. Mage will be aids with mana on budget gear.

Viable, will be hard finding a set ft tho

Proficiency doesnt roll back. Part of your char, only goes down if you die. 1 Prof = 1 ee to that weapon type

Yes, Bwconformity just has a lvl 55 char that he farms gear and repeately dies to reset exp to 0 and continue farming continually st lvl 55.

Depends. Spending 1-4+ hours to MQ isnt worth 25-50fg per gp to me imo

You can sell, but again its not worth my time to save and then put up 1-3fg items on the marketplace. Depends on if you have the time/patience

Love the time and care you put into this answer man. I took a lot away from this and am about to pick LS back up after giving up!
Gold: 55,531.41
Aug 7 2019 11:01am
Quote (subwolf22 @ Aug 7 2019 08:44am)

I personally like clubs. They are cheaper and can be equipped by feeder and paladin. Unfortunately samurais can only use daggers or swords and these sets are much more expensive.

Since you are in ee (which is one of the best guilds out there in my opinion) I would highly recommend you keep your guild points in the guild. Someone from ee is almost always on and they do group runs constantly which will help you MQ quickly and you can snag some white items (items with no stats) that you can either sell from 1fg-61 depending on the lvl.

Also those 1-3fg sales from muteables add up quick. And then you can use that fg to buy better items.

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Aug 7 2019 11:02am
Aug 7 2019 11:52am
Quote (CARTRACK @ Aug 7 2019 01:01pm)
I personally like clubs. They are cheaper and can be equipped by feeder and paladin. Unfortunately samurais can only use daggers or swords and these sets are much more expensive.

Since you are in ee (which is one of the best guilds out there in my opinion) I would highly recommend you keep your guild points in the guild. Someone from ee is almost always on and they do group runs constantly which will help you MQ quickly and you can snag some white items (items with no stats) that you can either sell from 1fg-61 depending on the lvl.

Also those 1-3fg sales from muteables add up quick. And then you can use that fg to buy better items.

Yes ofc !
That was my idea from the start, i am not a member of EE tho, Im without a guild atm
Gold: 55,531.41
Aug 7 2019 11:57am
Quote (WhySoPro @ Aug 7 2019 10:52am)
Yes ofc !
That was my idea from the start, i am not a member of EE tho, Im without a guild atm

I must be hallucinating....could have sworn I saw you as an ee member. In that case.....

It depends on how quickly you can mq to determine if it’s worth constantly selling your gp and resetting. For beginners I reccomend you stay at lvl 55-65 and sell your finds. If that doesn’t pan out you can always go to 71 reset and do it again.

If you plan on joining group runs often then I would suggest finding a guild that buys gps and then sell them after each run
Gold: 31,200.10
Aug 7 2019 01:45pm
Quote (WhySoPro @ Aug 7 2019 11:34am)
Sure but with a budget of 1000 fg,
Getting a sword and armor set could be difficult, what you think?

just merely pointing out, yeah selling gps is probably a good way to go for now and maybe piece together a sword set along the way.

obv your call.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll