d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Iso V1.14 Sorc Advice > Been A Long While Since I've Played
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 5 2019 10:10am
I'm not with the times at all.
I have a welfare setup, but I was wanting to find what is best to pair with orb. Meteor? Hydra? Or Fire ball/bolt? I have a pally for immunes, so should I bother having a light skill at all? Base static and warmth? Keep in mind my +skills are extremely low
100% pvm/mf/rush sorc

Thank you for taking the time to read
Gold: 13,938.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 5 2019 10:13am
if you want a fire skill then try hydra. firewall is the best for damage but really boring to play coupled with orb.
Aug 5 2019 10:24am
Quote (anthooo @ Aug 5 2019 12:13pm)
if you want a fire skill then try hydra. firewall is the best for damage but really boring to play coupled with orb.

I havent tried orb/hydra lately. But in earlier patches I remember not liking the cooldown bc of not being able to cast orb. I may try it out. Ty for your input :)
E: for hydra, synergies or fire mast??

This post was edited by Activyzt on Aug 5 2019 10:29am
Aug 5 2019 06:40pm
Dex doesnt = max block here? :wallbash: my sorc is gonna suck bad
Gold: 20.00
Aug 5 2019 06:47pm
Quote (Activyzt @ Aug 5 2019 09:24am)
I havent tried orb/hydra lately. But in earlier patches I remember not liking the cooldown bc of not being able to cast orb. I may try it out. Ty for your input :)
E: for hydra, synergies or fire mast??

Hydra is ok, it's more for slow safe play as it is the pick of a lot of Hc players, the standard build is 20 hydra and extra points to mastery as needed

Firewall is good for skill point efficiency by having minimal investment, but only really useful for killing oblivions in CS and torc icefist, can go as low as 10 fw and 1 mastery

Meteor is the gold standard and strongest hybrid to pick with orb. You will need to max meteor and fire mastery for best results, this is the only combo that has killing power in multiplayer rooms, but I highly recommend using some +skills on your gear build if you want to power up for multiplayer rooms. The standard iratha sorc is not the best option for this build.

Fireball would only be picked as a playstyle choice over meteor, because it is weaker, but with 70 fcr some people prefer not having the cooldown and aiming problems of meteor, completely viable for pvm, max fireball and invest additional points in fire bolt, max if possible, 1 into mastery ofc. And if you are doing that standard iratha sorc build, I'd even recommend this build if you really are looking to go hybrid.

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Aug 5 2019 06:54pm
Aug 5 2019 07:05pm
Powering warmth is only useful if you are running an ES pvm build, and it's a very particular build. So keep that at level 1

Static should stay at lvl 1 for hybrid builds, it can pair with orb for p8 single and multiplayer room hell cows. It has various other uses as well none of which you will need.

Level 1 thunderstorm is a good option for killing single target immunes in combo with level 1 static field spam

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Aug 5 2019 07:06pm
Aug 5 2019 07:11pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Aug 5 2019 08:47pm)
Hydra is ok, it's more for slow safe play as it is the pick of a lot of Hc players, the standard build is 20 hydra and extra points to mastery as needed

Firewall is good for skill point efficiency by having minimal investment, but only really useful for killing oblivions in CS and torc icefist, can go as low as 10 fw and 1 mastery

Meteor is the gold standard and strongest hybrid to pick with orb. You will need to max meteor and fire mastery for best results, this is the only combo that has killing power in multiplayer rooms, but I highly recommend using some +skills on your gear build if you want to power up for multiplayer rooms. The standard iratha sorc is not the best option for this build.

Fireball would only be picked as a playstyle choice over meteor, because it is weaker, but with 70 fcr some people prefer not having the cooldown and aiming problems of meteor, completely viable for pvm, max fireball and invest additional points in fire bolt, max if possible, 1 into mastery ofc. And if you are doing that standard iratha sorc build, I'd even recommend this build if you really are looking to go hybrid.

my gear is even worse. straight mf
gwrap, gskin, tarn, gull/shard, ward, tancreds boots+ammy, nagels, chancies. looool.
Aug 5 2019 08:28pm
Quote (Activyzt @ Aug 5 2019 06:11pm)
my gear is even worse. straight mf
gwrap, gskin, tarn, gull/shard, ward, tancreds boots+ammy, nagels, chancies. looool.

Then definately stay away from fireball.

For that gear build I would recommend pure orb or blizz unless you have a real reason for needing full hybrid

Blizz is nice for meph runs if you dont want to face tank him like an orb sorc.

Pure orb can pair nicely with a utility skill like teleport for low mana, or some different es options for pvm if you like to invest in energy, it's not as bad as people say
Gold: 1,711.63
Warn: 20%
Aug 6 2019 07:57pm
Quote (Activyzt @ Aug 5 2019 09:40pm)
Dex doesnt = max block here? :wallbash: my sorc is gonna suck bad

bine/grim shield is best
Gold: 1,711.63
Warn: 20%
Aug 6 2019 08:02pm
lite sorc blow on classic.

but the above guys r pretty spot on
my 93 orb fball does full ush radi book izzy. cain in normal in about a hour.

open cain so u can cs till 15 then tomb till 21 then cow ONE game to 25
then back 2 hell cs
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll