d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Need A Sub 600 Build
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 202,154.68
Aug 4 2019 06:09pm
Budget: 500 -> 600 including monitor/keyboard/mouse
More specific use (what games, what programs): Diablo 2, Spotify, internet streaming, some steam games
Planned time until purchase: Anytime
Do you need an Operating System?: No
Do you have any specific preferred components?: No
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: No
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: No plans of overclocking
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: See above
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): 61704 or 60046

Just looking for a cheapish PC that can run d2 fine and won't lag to all hell if you have chrome and other shit open at the same time
Literally took 5 mins and found this on google, no clue of its capabilities, but feel free to tell me I'm wasting my time/it's shit.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MPVRBJP/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb

This post was edited by CtrlZ on Aug 4 2019 06:09pm
Gold: 40.64
Aug 7 2019 08:58am
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YvNmyX

Just a rough draft. I'm sure it can be improved (like a cheaper case). It's $587 if you want to buy everything on Amazon.
Important to note it does not include a graphics card, but the CPU has graphics ability build in. It would be enough for D2 and lightweight (or old) games. If you wanted to play some newer graphic heavy games you will need a graphics card, which you could always add later.

You might need a SATA cable to hook up the SSD and DVD drive. The mobo does have a M.2 SATA slot so you could use an M.2 SSD drive instead which is about the same price, but due to it being M.2 SATA, it's not going to be any faster than a regular 2.5" SSD.

Prices could be further reduced by choosing cheaper brands but that is not my style. I aim for functionality, quality, and durability. Maybe somebody else can offer cheaper suggestions.

This post was edited by NatureNames on Aug 7 2019 09:10am
Gold: 18,352.00
Aug 7 2019 10:00am
Here, cause guy above talks quality then posts shit...

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kPktV6

-Larger/faster ssd + m.2
-Double the ram and faster
-Better mobo so YOU can oc down the road and it looks nice?
-Quality PSU brand
-Mech keyboard with browns (your keyboard essentially) + solid budget mouse.

and ROFL @optical drive, I mean how old are you?

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Aug 7 2019 10:07am
Aug 7 2019 10:35am
Ah yes I knew King Asshole would arrive to save the day with arrogance, ignorance, shitty brands, lame merchants, and overbudget. Just the type of balance we needed.
Aug 7 2019 10:43am
Quote (NatureNames @ Aug 7 2019 12:35pm)
Ah yes I knew King Asshole would arrive to save the day with arrogance, ignorance, shitty brands, lame merchants, and overbudget. Just the type of balance we needed.

A whole 2$, bitch plz, you realize yours has 40$ mail in rebates so its far more over budget then mine is initially...
what shit brands? please elaborate so we can educate you... and who the fuck cares where it comes from so long as it comes working.
Gold: 8,732.50
Aug 7 2019 11:15am
TIL intel, msi, seasonic, amd, gskill, cougar are shitty brands...
Gold: 85,435.00
Aug 7 2019 01:23pm
Only ibuypower, fisher price and any Chinese brand for me
Aug 7 2019 01:25pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Aug 7 2019 09:43am)
A whole 2$, bitch plz, you realize yours has 40$ mail in rebates so its far more over budget then mine is initially...
what shit brands? please elaborate so we can educate you... and who the fuck cares where it comes from so long as it comes working.

Problems with your list:
-You ignore third party sellers that have bad or non existent return policies and merchants that have return policies so restrictive they might as well not exist (superbiiz and outletpc).
-Some of your list isn't even in stock at those sellers (the mobo), adding cost again. Now your build is up to $634.
-"so long as it comes working", yeah, you better hope so because returning some of that stuff is not an option or will be a lengthy pain the ass.
-Suggesting he get 16 gigs of ram from the start when he will probably not even use 8gb given the circumstances of his other hardware and use scenario. He can buy more later if he needs it.
-Did you even look at the reviews on that keeb? It's real bad.

Or my list. All can be purchased from Amazon (as earlier noted) / no scam rebates. It all comes directly from Amazon Inc, backed by their 30 day returning policy on all items - no questions asked. Free shipping . Just $587 in 1 order. Every item on that list has good reviews too.

The problem is you just slap your parts lists together without really thinking about the end user. You do this pretty much every day. To make matters worse you're rude and shit on other people's suggestions every day (not just mine).

Your suggestion of that Intel M2 drive was great. Try being helpful without being a jerk.

Quote (Secksii @ Aug 7 2019 10:15am)
TIL intel, msi, seasonic, amd, gskill, cougar are shitty brands...

Intel, MSI, and SeaSonic are good brands. However Acer, G.Skill, Steelseries, and Cougar are what I'd consider shitty brands. And AMD well.. if you consider their reputation for GPU drivers, eek! Consider their CPUs for the last decade? eek! But it's a <$600 build, some concessions do have to be made.
Aug 7 2019 01:42pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Aug 7 2019 03:25pm)
Problems with your list:
-You ignore third party sellers that have bad or non existent return policies and merchants that have return policies so restrictive they might as well not exist (superbiiz and outletpc).
-Some of your list isn't even in stock at those sellers (the mobo), adding cost again. Now your build is up to $634.
-"so long as it comes working", yeah, you better hope so because returning some of that stuff is not an option or will be a lengthy pain the ass.
-Suggesting he get 16 gigs of ram from the start when he will probably not even use 8gb given the circumstances of his other hardware and use scenario. He can buy more later if he needs it.
-Did you even look at the reviews on that keeb? It's real bad.

Or my list. All can be purchased from Amazon (as earlier noted) / no scam rebates. It all comes directly from Amazon Inc, backed by their 30 day returning policy on all items - no questions asked. Free shipping . Just $587 in 1 order. Every item on that list has good reviews too.

The problem is you just slap your parts lists together without really thinking about the end user. You do this pretty much every day. To make matters worse you're rude and shit on other people's suggestions every day (not just mine).

Your suggestion of that Intel M2 drive was great. Try being helpful without being a jerk.

Intel, MSI, and SeaSonic are good brands. However Acer, G.Skill, Steelseries, and Cougar are what I'd consider shitty brands. And AMD well.. if you consider their reputation for GPU drivers, eek! Consider their CPUs for the last decade? eek! But it's a <$600 build, some concessions do have to be made.

I know the end user, known him for years.

seasonic is probably #1 psu maker atm. Msi is fine and so is intel. cougar i'll agree with but there's no better case at that price point.
587 1 order is a crock of shit, your forgetting your rebates.
all items are fully backed with the sites, I've ordered more parts in 1 year then you've probably ordered in ur lifetime.
Show me these super unfair / impossible return warranty sites? always the manufacturer and advanced shipping policy's.
the out of stock items ship in 1 week, (mobo/ram) LOL its not really out of stock you just have a slight delay.
4/5 stars so bad for keyboard, oh my what ever will we do, most the bad reviews are for the software not the functionality of the board.

I do me, I ain't here to hold your/anyone else's hand. Don't liek it leave, cause I assure you I'm here to stay.
Aug 7 2019 02:07pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Aug 7 2019 12:42pm)
I know the end user, known him for years.

seasonic is probably #1 psu maker atm. Msi is fine and so is intel. cougar i'll agree with but there's no better case at that price point.
587 1 order is a crock of shit, your forgetting your rebates.
all items are fully backed with the sites, I've ordered more parts in 1 year then you've probably ordered in ur lifetime.
Show me these super unfair / impossible return warranty sites? always the manufacturer and advanced shipping policy's.
the out of stock items ship in 1 week, (mobo/ram) LOL its not really out of stock you just have a slight delay.
4/5 stars so bad for keyboard, oh my what ever will we do, most the bad reviews are for the software not the functionality of the board.

I do me, I ain't here to hold your/anyone else's hand. Don't liek it leave, cause I assure you I'm here to stay.

I don't have time hand feed it to you. Check the return policy of superbiiz and outletpc. My list is sitting in my amazon cart right now, you can do the same if you really care. There is no rebates.

Here is your crock of shit. I'm really done wasting my time now.

Even has that optical drive you love.

This post was edited by NatureNames on Aug 7 2019 02:19pm
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll