d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Vpn
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 435.00
Jul 28 2019 04:10pm
anyone know of a good free VPN or is it possible to buy a VPN for a month with some fg?

cheers
Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 28 2019 04:46pm
Anyone else find the whole VPN craze a bit suspicious?

I mean, if someone's motivation for getting one is that they want to be able to pirate stuff for free without their ISP catching on, then doesn't paying for the VPN defeat the point?

You're just giving your data to the VPN company instead of the ISP. Are the small VPN companies liable to be less trustworthy than the ISPs?

Also, if people have to put extra effort and possible expense into setting up a VPN, that means they are probably doing something that warrant the use of one. So if the government wants to snoop around on people, VPN users are making their job easier for them by concentrating that type of activity in one place. It's basically a "red light district" of the internet. If a cop feels like busting someone for drugs/prostitution, he knows where to look.
Gold: 3,277.66
Jul 28 2019 04:53pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 28 2019 03:46pm)

I mean, if someone's motivation for getting one is that they want to be able to pirate stuff for free without their ISP catching on, then doesn't paying for the VPN defeat the point?

You're just giving your data to the VPN company instead of the ISP. Are the small VPN companies liable to be less trustworthy than the ISPs?

Also, if people have to put extra effort and possible expense into setting up a VPN, that means they are probably doing something that warrant the use of one. So if the government wants to snoop around on people, VPN users are making their job easier for them by concentrating that type of activity in one place. It's basically a "red light district" of the internet. If a cop feels like busting someone for drugs/prostitution, he knows where to look.

You forget that some countries Censor such things as innocent as facebook and youtube or other sites that could promote ideas that could endanger the hold that the regime has over the country. A VPN is the only way for many people globally to see the normal web that we take for granted in North America and Europe

This post was edited by kclla on Jul 28 2019 04:55pm
Jul 28 2019 05:30pm

not everyone lookin for a vpn is trying to hide from the ISP hahahaha bigger things going on in the world other then some movie companys crying about makin less money

Quote (kclla @ Jul 28 2019 03:53pm)
You forget that some countries Censor such things as innocent as facebook and youtube or other sites that could promote ideas that could endanger the hold that the regime has over the country. A VPN is the only way for many people globally to see the normal web that we take for granted in North America and Europe

thats why i want one ill be deploying soon and will be goin to some countries that heavily censor the internet and i want to be able to do what ever i want on my free time including talkin to my wife on fb haha
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 28 2019 07:41pm
So you guys know, the discussion of VPNs is not allowed on D2jsp. You could get in trouble for discussing this and I thought you should be aware of that.

Quote (kclla @ Jul 28 2019 03:53pm)

This.

It takes minimal effort and almost no technical no-how to configure a VPN. Sure, you could claim the monthly subscription and one-time setup outweighs the cost of buying things legitimately, but it's not even fucking close. Secondly, there are of course VPN companies that don't actually make what you're doing anymore safe or private, that's to be expected in our moneycentric societies, but that doesn't mean there are no good ones out there. It'll take a bit of research, or a recommendation from a trusted friend, but truly secure and safe VPN companies do exist.
Jul 28 2019 09:05pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 28 2019 06:41pm)
So you guys know, the discussion of VPNs is not allowed on D2jsp. You could get in trouble for discussing this and I thought you should be aware of that.

This.

It takes minimal effort and almost no technical no-how to configure a VPN. Sure, you could claim the monthly subscription and one-time setup outweighs the cost of buying things legitimately, but it's not even fucking close. Secondly, there are of course VPN companies that don't actually make what you're doing anymore safe or private, that's to be expected in our moneycentric societies, but that doesn't mean there are no good ones out there. It'll take a bit of research, or a recommendation from a trusted friend, but truly secure and safe VPN companies do exist.

ok thanks for letting me know ill look else where

also im not to worried about if people can find out that it was me doing it i just need to bypass shit while im out of country haha

cheers
Gold: 250.00
Jul 28 2019 09:33pm
Quote (lilhoot @ Jul 28 2019 08:05pm)
ok thanks for letting me know ill look else where

also im not to worried about if people can find out that it was me doing it i just need to bypass shit while im out of country haha

cheers

Just google best VPNs then man and literally any of the ones that pop-up with decent reviews will work for this purpose. If you're not too worried about the security aspect, you'll be fine with w/e man. Best of luck to you.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 29 2019 12:53am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 28 Jul 2019 18:33)
Just google best VPNs then man and literally any of the ones that pop-up with decent reviews will work for this purpose. If you're not too worried about the security aspect, you'll be fine with w/e man. Best of luck to you.

I like the dog one
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll