d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Boomers At The Gym
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2019 01:41pm
In the middle of a set of flys a boomer came up to me and just started talking about his adult son being deployed to japan or something unsolicited. Said I looked like him, showed me a pic without hesitation, I looked nothing like him. Continues to talk to me for 5 minutes despite headphones in and minimal response. He was a nice guy but just kept talking, had to say alright dude I’m gonna get back to it after a certain point. Seemed like he just went to the gym to talk to someone not work out
Gold: 1,975.00
Aug 18 2019 09:31am
Never ask a boomer for a spot.

That's a lesson I learned the hard way. He ended up following me around for the rest of my training session giving me his whole fucking life story. That is despite me not even acknowledging that he's talking to me. Guy just wouldn't fucking shut up. Talking about his younger days when he lifted a lot of weight.

Felt like knocking him out with a 45lbs plate.
Gold: 42,397.70
Aug 18 2019 11:36am
Quote (CMBurns @ Aug 18 2019 05:31pm)
Never ask a boomer for a spot.

That's a lesson I learned the hard way. He ended up following me around for the rest of my training session giving me his whole fucking life story. That is despite me not even acknowledging that he's talking to me. Guy just wouldn't fucking shut up. Talking about his younger days when he lifted a lot of weight.

Felt like knocking him out with a 45lbs plate.

Asked a boomer for a spot once on bench. Guy was fat and sweating profusely and his sweat literally dripped down in my face mid set. Worse than that, I was barely struggling on the last rep and could have easily made it but he deadlifted the bar with all his strength without even giving me a chance. Then he commented something like "yep, in my day I used to do that but with a couple of extra 45s on there". FYI I was lifting just under 3pl8, I don't believe for a second this guy ever came close to 4pl8 bench in his life

This post was edited by EA7 on Aug 18 2019 11:38am
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Sep 1 2019 09:24pm
First world problems
Gold: 0.01
Sep 18 2019 09:31am
Quote (EA7 @ Aug 18 2019 01:36pm)
Asked a boomer for a spot once on bench. Guy was fat and sweating profusely and his sweat literally dripped down in my face mid set. Worse than that, I was barely struggling on the last rep and could have easily made it but he deadlifted the bar with all his strength without even giving me a chance. Then he commented something like "yep, in my day I used to do that but with a couple of extra 45s on there". FYI I was lifting just under 3pl8, I don't believe for a second this guy ever came close to 4pl8 bench in his life

Bet your a boomer your self
Gold: 0.00
Sep 18 2019 12:08pm
Quote (EA7 @ Aug 18 2019 01:36pm)

I was spotting an RPS meet and a boomer spotter got kicked out of the event for snagging a bench on the first attempt of the first competitor, and before that grabbing a side spot after a successful squat causing the lifter to get red lighted.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Sep 18 2019 12:08pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll