d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Skinning Or Herbalism - More Profitable?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Aug 8 2019 09:21pm
Herbs
Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 9 2019 07:45am
Quote (SCXiao @ Aug 5 2019 04:15am)
Short term - Skinning. Eassy to grind, you get a lot of vendor trash etc, but the market will be flooded with leathers

Long term - Herb. Won't give you much money until late game but eventually it will pay off huge

This is my answer as well.

In the beginning, being able to vendor your leather is going to help you afford your skills. None of the alchemists have the gold to buy your herbs on the AH, so the herbs aren't actually profitable. Long term, when you've been 60 for awhile and the raid consumable market starts to take shape, then the herbs get expensive.

Personally, my plan is to start out as herb+skin. Then later, around level 30 and/or when my bank alts are full of herbs, i will drop skinning and start alchemy.
Gold: 1,359.00
Aug 13 2019 10:19pm
enchanting/tailoring is my favorite combo for fresh accounts

making bags that will always be needed
enchanting your stuff while leveling helps a lot and disenchanting the stuff you make with tailoring for more mats to level enchanting is a win-win
Gold: 2,215.50
Aug 15 2019 09:01am
Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 9 2019 09:45am)
This is my answer as well.

In the beginning, being able to vendor your leather is going to help you afford your skills. None of the alchemists have the gold to buy your herbs on the AH, so the herbs aren't actually profitable. Long term, when you've been 60 for awhile and the raid consumable market starts to take shape, then the herbs get expensive.

Personally, my plan is to start out as herb+skin. Then later, around level 30 and/or when my bank alts are full of herbs, i will drop skinning and start alchemy.

Originally (after getting some input from this thread), I determined I was gonna go skinning/tailoring (I’m rolling a lock).

However, as of right now, I think I’m gonna go skinning/herbalism and just try and cash in on the gathered mats. I assume that materials will go for a premium in the first few weeks.

I figure that tailoring doesn’t really start to pay off until later levels (50+?) anyway and at that point the various cloth that I will need will be more easily purchased/ cheaper about a month or two into the game. I assume that cloth will be pretty darn expensive when the server first comes online.

So, at this point I think that gold > leveling a profession.

Just to be clear, I’m thinking short-term here; ~first 2 months of the game, not 60+ raiding.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll