d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Sponsored Tournaments Within Trade Forums
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 94,700.12
Jan 26 2020 05:54am
69% for 31% against

But they gerrymandered the electorate so we won't see any tolerance I'm afraid
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 26 2020 06:26am
No. As the name "Trading Grounds" says, the purpose is trading, thats why it doesnt belong there.

We have appropriate sections for this.
Gold: 32,933.00
Jan 26 2020 08:01am
Posting in Wrong Forum.
Jan 26 2020 10:05am
Quote (Herolinda @ Jan 26 2020 04:26am)
No. As the name "Trading Grounds" says, the purpose is trading, thats why it doesnt belong there.

We have appropriate sections for this.

Unsurprising every vote from a site staff is against the suggestion; as there are other forums on the board that receive about 5 posts a day where these messages could be posted.

and everybody who actually plays the game would like to see it allowed in the trade section where there's mass traffic. ^_^
Gold: 1,444.13
Jan 26 2020 10:12am
Really most of the d2 sections should be condensed, the community is a tiny fraction of what it used to be that required all these subsections and there are multiple sub-forums with no user activity on a regular basis.
Gold: 19,001.01
Jan 26 2020 10:29am
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ Jan 26 2020 08:05am)
Unsurprising every vote from a site staff is against the suggestion; as there are other forums on the board that receive about 5 posts a day where these messages could be posted.

and everybody who actually plays the game would like to see it allowed in the trade section where there's mass traffic. ^_^

Quote (Caulder10 @ Jan 26 2020 08:12am)
Really most of the d2 sections should be condensed, the community is a tiny fraction of what it used to be that required all these subsections and there are multiple sub-forums with no user activity on a regular basis.

This is my thinking. We have to face the fact that the d2 community has shrank (shrunk?) considerably but the distribution of forums remains the same. The trade forums are reasonably moderated but basically every other sub forum is a wasteland.

What we’ve seen is that “services” are managed appropriately in the trade forums. I wish that tournaments could be managed the same way.

I’m not sure what separates “services” and “tournaments” in theory. Both are sought after by trade users, both are organized by users, neither is a traditional “trade” but both flourish when observed by “trade forum” browsers. There is a sub-forum for “legit dueling,” why is there not a sub-forum for “services”?
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Jan 26 2020 11:09am
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ 26 Jan 2020 17:05)

I do understand your point, however, there are different sections for a reason. If everyone posts in the wrong section then it will end in a chaos.

Why dont you start contributing to the activity in the other sections? If you post it in the right place, other users will follow you and do the same. Result of this will be a more active section
Jan 26 2020 11:56am
Quote (Herolinda @ Jan 26 2020 09:09am)
I do understand your point, however, there are different sections for a reason. If everyone posts in the wrong section then it will end in a chaos.

Why dont you start contributing to the activity in the other sections? If you post it in the right place, other users will follow you and do the same. Result of this will be a more active section

ideally that's the case, but as Moe said there's such a dwindling player base it's just not the case.

In fact in the past, what I've always done when hosting a tournament is post the official topic in the designated "Legit Dueling" forum; however nobody knows about it until I make posts in the "Trade" section and it starts getting comments churning.
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Jan 26 2020 01:05pm
Quote (HardyTarget @ 22 Jul 2019 19:14)
What they should do is to start giving warning to everyone who posts their opinions about items in the trading forums and then say "1 fg for no spam" or such.

Not sure why your suggestion shouldn't be allowed though.
FG thirsty nerds will definitely be easier to find in the trading forums so I think that place fits just fine for tourneys with prizes.

i agree

1fg for no offtopic
Gold: 1,000.00
Feb 5 2020 07:29am
Exposure is important for a tournament like this to success, I would say Yes - With a bit of Modification...

For a tournament to be granted this kind of exposure should need a good structure, clear prize plan, a good game schedule, a clear way to judge games, a clear way to keep cheaters out of the game, etc, etc. It would need strong group of people with an actual devotion to run it.

I've always been a fan of tournaments, they bring a great joy to the game. They would most definitely contribute to the growth of the community. :) I used to run counterstrike tours 10-15 years ago at IRC, it was amazing, the professional swedish players of today used to play in my tournaments (ESO) for honor and love of the game. The tournaments generated a lot of activity in the very early professional gaming field.

Today people in gaming don't get the same chances as they used to get. We need more small-timers in this field!

Thank you for your suggestion, this is something that lies very close to my gamerheart... I feel sorry for those who missed out on the good old days of gaming :)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll