d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Tal's + To Mastery > Hm?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 144.33
Jul 16 2019 04:45pm
Quote (attila @ Jul 16 2019 11:42pm)
if you have let's say +10 skills from gear, +1 mastery from orb and zero hard point, you will have 1 point
if you have let's say +10 skills from gear, +1 mastery from orb and 1 hard point, you will have 12 point

You will have 11 and 12 in their respective situations. +skills boost it as an active skill, you are getting confused with synergy hard/soft points.

This post was edited by piatek on Jul 16 2019 04:45pm
Gold: 10.00
Jul 16 2019 04:46pm
Quote (piatek @ Jul 16 2019 06:45pm)
You will have 12 in both situations. +skills boost it as an active skill, you are getting confused with synergy hard/soft points.

That's what I thought.

Kind of like telekinesis and energy shield. You need hard points into telekinesis in order for it to work.
Gold: 65.00
Jul 16 2019 07:11pm
Quote (Kad08 @ Jul 16 2019 02:55pm)
Tal's orb gives 2 pts to each mastery with +skills it's lvl 15 (90% pierce) + infinity is another -85%, i meant to say -175% to cold, not 185.

Why shouldn't I use infinity? Regardless if you're fire/light, fire/cold, cold/light, cold/fire, or fire/cold/light; the -res from infinity helps your damage. If a mob has 50 cold res, 90% only drops the mob's res to -40, with infinity it's -100, which is even more damage.

I meant it to mean that if you have infinity, it's kind of a waste going dual element since going a pure light sorc for instance benefits you much greater

-res from infinity only benefits the wielder. your sorc will only benefit from conviction if it's your merc wearing it. unless you're calculating the conviction aura, in which the wording you stated just made it confusing.
the +skills will benefit only when you have hard points in

This post was edited by Jimcornlive on Jul 16 2019 07:14pm
Jul 16 2019 09:34pm
Quote (Jimcornlive @ Jul 16 2019 09:11pm)
I meant it to mean that if you have infinity, it's kind of a waste going dual element since going a pure light sorc for instance benefits you much greater

-res from infinity only benefits the wielder. your sorc will only benefit from conviction if it's your merc wearing it. unless you're calculating the conviction aura, in which the wording you stated just made it confusing.
the +skills will benefit only when you have hard points in

Cold is for killing those light/physical unbreakable immune or helping merc kill unbreakable light immunes (but not physical). Yes ofc the merc is wearing infinity.... lvl 12 conv= -85% (not sure why you would think that I was talking about the up to -55% light res on infinity, when those are two completely different numbers and the context was of cold mastery+ infinity).

I could not see any speed difference from a 35k light sorc with orb and a 39k pure light sorc. Both plow through hell 8 players so why not have it?

If you're saying that the +skills only benefits when you have at least 1 hard point, then you're saying that it is bugged, because according to in game screen, it shows that my + skills are added along with the +2 to mastery from tals orb. This was my original question in which there seems to be mixed opinions. So, I'm still looking to see if someone knows for sure.
Gold: 1,110.00
Jul 17 2019 01:27am
Quote (Kad08 @ Jul 17 2019 05:34am)
Cold is for killing those light/physical unbreakable immune or helping merc kill unbreakable light immunes (but not physical). Yes ofc the merc is wearing infinity.... lvl 12 conv= -85% (not sure why you would think that I was talking about the up to -55% light res on infinity, when those are two completely different numbers and the context was of cold mastery+ infinity).

I could not see any speed difference from a 35k light sorc with orb and a 39k pure light sorc. Both plow through hell 8 players so why not have it?

If you're saying that the +skills only benefits when you have at least 1 hard point, then you're saying that it is bugged, because according to in game screen, it shows that my + skills are added along with the +2 to mastery from tals orb. This was my original question in which there seems to be mixed opinions. So, I'm still looking to see if someone knows for sure.

+x staffmod
+x @ skills
+x class skills
+x clab tree skills
They work together without hard points.

The deviant is thunder armor or wtf its called xD It deals no dmg if casted via pure staff mod from forexample ES/Thunder memory.
Jul 17 2019 05:42am
Quote (gel87 @ Jul 17 2019 03:27am)
+x staffmod
+x @ skills
+x class skills
+x clab tree skills
They work together without hard points.

The deviant is thunder armor or wtf its called xD It deals no dmg if casted via pure staff mod from forexample ES/Thunder memory.

Thank you!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll