d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion >
Poll > I Get Auto Shops Are Not Illegal Here.. > But They Are Killing The Ladder(s)
Prev1373839
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8.73
Jul 16 2019 03:03pm
Quote (laztheripper @ Jul 16 2019 04:57pm)
I agree poe is what d3 should've been. I love poe.

I think of Path of Diablo as d2 with actual attention given to it. So still d2, but better. I played a bone spear nec in it, the damage was balanced on most skills so it's actually good. And i had a +2 bone spear enchant that made me shoot 3 spears at a time. We were doing end game maps and it was actually pretty fun.
Plus all the extra endgame stuff you can craft and find/socket or corrupt brings a much needed layer of build diversity as well.
The quality of life changes they made are also something d2 should have received by now.

My main beef is that all game content is balanced around the strongest builds instead of bringing the strongest builds in line with everything else

So certain builds literally can't complete all content solo. They put all that emphasis on creativity then smashed it into the ground. The last time I played I might find/craft enough gear to build a 20k fg char but if the skills I chose weren't meta I couldn't even get to the new bosses added in X content patch
Gold: 103,152.26
Jul 16 2019 03:36pm
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Jul 16 2019 05:03pm)
My main beef is that all game content is balanced around the strongest builds instead of bringing the strongest builds in line with everything else

So certain builds literally can't complete all content solo. They put all that emphasis on creativity then smashed it into the ground. The last time I played I might find/craft enough gear to build a 20k fg char but if the skills I chose weren't meta I couldn't even get to the new bosses added in X content patch

I found path of diablo very balanced compared to regular d2.

If you're talking about poe, then yes some builds are just ridiculous. I made a winter orb headhunter eternity shroud trickster, and it's just completely broken. They "nerfed" it but it's still doing 20 million damage per volley, and it auto aims. lol
Gold: 175.01
Jul 16 2019 04:08pm
Quote (laztheripper @ Jul 16 2019 05:36pm)
I found path of diablo very balanced compared to regular d2.

If you're talking about poe, then yes some builds are just ridiculous. I made a winter orb headhunter eternity shroud trickster, and it's just completely broken. They "nerfed" it but it's still doing 20 million damage per volley, and it auto aims. lol

I had a vaal lightning warp build on hardcore that teleported bosses onto teammates
Just so hardcore players can enjoy the classic d2 hardcore feel

20 million damage per volley?
I think my arc witch did like 15k damage or some shit at level 90ish

This post was edited by Worrywart on Jul 16 2019 04:09pm
Jul 16 2019 04:24pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Jul 16 2019 06:08pm)
I had a vaal lightning warp build on hardcore that teleported bosses onto teammates
Just so hardcore players can enjoy the classic d2 hardcore feel

20 million damage per volley?
I think my arc witch did like 15k damage or some shit at level 90ish

yeah, super end game damage might be like 1M to 2.5M on most builds.

But eternity shroud adds 50% of your damage as chaos, and it applies on every conversion stage. So if I have all cold damage, I get 50% of all my damage as chaos, and then I convert 100% of that into fire, I get another 50% extra chaos, then you have all the cold damage scaling, chaos damage scaling, crits, extra non ele damage as chaos damage from weapons, etc.
also double corrupted the 6L chest to get +2 gems and something else. Anyway all in all with 21/20 gems and the rest of the super expensive gear you end up with a broken build.

Arc is still very viable, you can reach like 1M dps and it clears insanely well. Might need to go totems to get the most out of it tho.

note that 20M is with all the boxes ticked, the tooltip won't show that. It might show like 600k dps, but as usual the tooltip is wildly inaccurate.

This post was edited by laztheripper on Jul 16 2019 04:25pm
Gold: 175.01
Jul 16 2019 04:25pm
Quote (laztheripper @ Jul 16 2019 06:24pm)
yeah, super end game damage might be like 1M to 2.5M on most builds.

But eternity shroud adds 50% of your damage as chaos, and it applies on every conversion stage. So if I have all cold damage, I get 50% of all my damage as chaos, and then I convert 100% of that into fire, I get another 50% extra chaos, then you have all the cold damage scaling, chaos damage scaling, crits, extra non ele damage as chaos damage from weapons, etc.
also double corrupted the 6L chest to get +2 gems and something else. Anyway all in all with 21/20 gems and the rest of the super expensive gear you end up with a broken build.

Arc is still very viable, you can reach like 1M dps and it clears insanely well. Might need to go totems to get the most out of it tho.

I guess the game has changed a lot since I played it.

Are golem builds still viable? That's one thing I always wanted to try and never got around to
Jul 16 2019 04:28pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Jul 16 2019 06:25pm)
I guess the game has changed a lot since I played it.

Are golem builds still viable? That's one thing I always wanted to try and never got around to

Yes very much so, not many people take the time to figure out the mechanics and how to scale them. But golem builds can be very strong and they added a lot of minion scaling on the tree.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1373839
Closed New Topic New Poll