d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > State Of Hardcore? (returning Player) > Some Questions On The State Of D2 Hc.
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14.95
Jul 9 2019 01:07pm
Hi,

Returning player to D2 (18+ years on and off, actively played for 10+ years) and just had some questions about the current state of HC and PKing. When I played as a kid, I wasn't really into HC because my builds sucked and I was just not that good. A couple of ARPGs, MMOs and MOBAs later I've become a min/max gamer who loves the thrill of HC. Here are my inquiries.

- Does TPPK still work today?
- If so, are there still people hunting Public games to grief?
- Are there any 'In Town' PK bugs/glitches I should know about?
- How is the HC trading economy vs the SC trading economy using FG?
- Do people commonly use 'Auto Chicken' in HC?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully you can help answer some questions! I appreciate it.
Gold: 30.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 9 2019 01:42pm
Recently back myself, ( the nostalgia is real!) so I can't help you with all, but from what I've seen:

No tppk, but still some pks trying to kill manually.

Haven't seen anyone dead in town, but not sure on this one

Sc seems bigger, but still a surprising number on hc. Seems like pvm gear is more popular hc, PvP gear more popular SC

There are bots running games on hc and SC, and they definitely autochicken. Don't think actual players use it much though
Jul 9 2019 02:21pm
Quote (FocalBanger @ Jul 9 2019 03:42pm)
Recently back myself, ( the nostalgia is real!) so I can't help you with all, but from what I've seen:

Sc seems bigger, but still a surprising number on hc. Seems like pvm gear is more popular hc, PvP gear more popular SC

There are bots running games on hc and SC, and they definitely autochicken. Don't think actual players use it much though

Thanks for the reply man! I'm loving the nostalgia, playing it with one of my best friends who also played D2 as a kid. There is just something timeless about this game.

I appreciate the answers as well! Good to know TPPK is out of the picture. I'll just do some more digging on possible death bugs/glitches to make sure I don't get wrecked in town. My friend and I may play both HC & SC so I'm sure we'll find a nice balance. We both used D2JSP as well and love the engaging economy it provides.

Cheers mate!
Gold: 117.00
Jul 9 2019 08:10pm
There's nothing that will kill you other than monsters or dirty tp's. You'll soon find the people you can trust with safe tp's etc. Enjoy yourself
Jul 9 2019 09:18pm
Quote (IveGotToeJam @ Jul 9 2019 10:10pm)
There's nothing that will kill you other than monsters or dirty tp's. You'll soon find the people you can trust with safe tp's etc. Enjoy yourself

That's good to know, I don't mind deaths from human/player error haha.
Gold: 3.20
Jul 10 2019 01:30am
no in town hacks work anymore if you are in town you are safe.

hc prices > sc

sc player base > hc player base

op team or op azm is where you will find most people.
Jul 10 2019 07:27am
Quote (DBDfOx @ Jul 10 2019 03:30am)

hc prices > sc

op team or op azm is where you will find most people.

Thanks for the info bro. By op team / op azm do you mean the channels people will be in? Or is that the clan?
Gold: 43,340.60
Jul 13 2019 05:37am
Quote (Aekuma @ Jul 9 2019 02:07pm)
Hi,

Returning player to D2 (18+ years on and off, actively played for 10+ years) and just had some questions about the current state of HC and PKing. When I played as a kid, I wasn't really into HC because my builds sucked and I was just not that good. A couple of ARPGs, MMOs and MOBAs later I've become a min/max gamer who loves the thrill of HC. Here are my inquiries.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully you can help answer some questions! I appreciate it.

Quote (FocalBanger @ Jul 9 2019 02:42pm)

Also back to the game played as far back as 1.08 and last in 1.12. Like he mention the TPPK hacks are gone. Im currently playing US HC east ladder.

Hit me up if you need any help I've geared some decent characters and dont mind helping.

Gold: 6.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 27 2019 03:02am
Quote (Aekuma @ Jul 9 2019 03:07pm)

Won't happen, not possible under any circumstances cause hps cannot go below 1 in town. It never really was possible in LoD except for a short period of time in one of the patches where mercs of hostile players would swing at you as you came up from a portal in act V, but you never took damage.

Townkill in LoD is like the secret cow lvl of Diablo 1. It doesn't exist.

Wait them out, they get bored and leave after 5 mins at most, or just kill them for ruining your game or whatever. You have plenty of warning to tp back to town when someone declares hostile.

There are bots running games on hc and SC, and they definitely autochicken.

This is a hc staple since for as long as I can remember.
Bots run baals chaos and chants in norm/hell. Feel free to use them, that's what they are there for I guess, but don't complain if you die or get trolled by pks.
The nm game list is always, and has always, been dead, doesn't matter what time it is. Build a character that can solo and you'll be fine.

Don't think actual players use it much though

We prefer to have our deeds remembered or to escape using only our wits and esc + click-skills.
Avoid mobs = live forever, but lots of people use hax like chicken even though 3rd party software (beyond pretty much sandboxie) is prohibited.

Perfects have always mattered even before I started this "the jsp" to trade. I figure: wear your best gear, sell the rest. HC has lots of sorcs and hammerdins, look for gear they want if you wanna make pixel bank.

Quote (Aekuma @ Jul 10 2019 09:27pm)
Thanks for the info bro. By op team / op azm do you mean the channels people will be in? Or is that the clan?

They are literally the only channels with people still in them that I know of.
Chat died about 2015 when they started blocking old hardware and 32-bit systems from b.net which also ended the terrible reign of d2item/d2leet bots. R.I.P. xp systems.

This. I don't think they ever worked.

hc prices > sc

This.

..cause they ascared'd

Gold: 170.00
Jul 27 2019 03:11am
Quote (FATANG @ 27 Jul 2019 11:02)

..cause they ascared'd

Or because they have PTST from having a hardcore lvl 98 char that died due to the fact that his brother fall over the telephone line when they where dial-in

Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll