d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > League of Legends >
Poll > Which Position > Takes The Most Skill
Prev123
Add Reply New Service New Topic New Poll
User Poll
Guests cannot vote. Please register or login.
DrLatBC
#21 Jul 12 2019 06:10pm
Group: Member
Gold: 25.71
Quote (FroggyG @ Jul 12 2019 07:42pm)
Everyone has to deal with this scenario. Everyone requires this skill set.
Just because one deals with this scenario more often does not mean that everyone doesn't deal with this and doesn't have to learn the same abilities.

I'm talking more about skill cap than skill floor. From a skill cap perspective, the mechanics needed to hit the cap for top/mid/adc are generally the same. Jungle and support are slightly less so because of mechanical laning dynamics (jungle more than makes up for this in the intellectual skill cap).

For a skill FLOOR approach, I would agree that ADC is likely the hardest role for MECHANICS (and only mechanics. you don't really need a brain still). In fact, I would go as far as to tell new players not to play a traditional ADC at all and instead play a simple mage in bot lane or a caster ADC.

Well in top you could play a tank, which means generally every assassin is just going to try and avoid you, instead of running right at you.
Sometimes as adc it feels like you have 2+ people trying to flash onto you every fight, never had that feeling as maokai.
FroggyG
#22 Jul 12 2019 09:32pm
Gold: 25.20
Quote (DrLatBC @ Jul 12 2019 06:10pm)
Well in top you could play a tank, which means generally every assassin is just going to try and avoid you, instead of running right at you.
Sometimes as adc it feels like you have 2+ people trying to flash onto you every fight, never had that feeling as maokai.

First off, even as the tank, you still have half the wards to protect yourself with, you still have half the resources to protect yourself from dives with.
You also have the giant responsibility of how to initiate team fights, when to peel for carries, flank engages, zoning the backline, etc

And well you're not always playing the tank... If you're playing top lane properly you are playing different types of champions. There is a much wider range of champion types you are picking in top compared to ADC.
And each type of champion has their own unique skillsets required that other types may not necessarily have.

Like in ADC you're not going to be practicing how to split push with an immobile bruiser like Nasus or Yorick. But as top you will still get to play hypercarries that kite with things like Cassio, Viktor, Vayne, Lucian, Ryze, Kayle

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jul 12 2019 09:34pm
Tommyvv
#23 Jul 13 2019 01:40am
Gold: 800.00
i voted support, because i play hard trollcarry supports like Teemo/Heimer/Jinx
but jgler probably the hardest role

adc a verry hard role for Teemo, but Heimerdonk plays it without risk
Ulfus
#24 Jul 13 2019 03:18am
Gold: 450.00
Quote (FroggyG @ 13 Jul 2019 06:32)
First off, even as the tank, you still have half the wards to protect yourself with, you still have half the resources to protect yourself from dives with.
You also have the giant responsibility of how to initiate team fights, when to peel for carries, flank engages, zoning the backline, etc

All of which Im happy to do, but to know where that split second lies where you can take an auto attack at an enemy or attack 3-4 times WITHOUT getting dived by 3 people is hard

May be Im just cursed. They didnt focus me as hard on the RU server because of different playstyle

But youre encouraging me to play tanky junglers again
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Service New Topic New Poll