d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Breaking News Thread > And Other Stuff You Want To Share
Prev167686970Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
May 24 2020 06:54am
https://www.walb.com/2020/05/22/trending-twitter-video-involving-fedex-driver-leads-walb-employee-receiving-death-threats/

another "its racist because they are white/black incident"

black fedex deliverymen drives across a white georgia homeowner's yard and delivers the package to his front door with the truck going through his grass. homeowner says its the 3rd time they've done it and is irate and gets into a shouting match with him, they film each other doing the 'come at me bruh' routine, nothing happens, they go home. Drivers post the clip to twitter and get it trending, get fired, then crowdsource 50k. White guy gets labeled racist in social mediaverse and receives death threats despite literally nothing being said or done based on race in the clip and the disagreement very obviously and vocally being about driving on his lawn.
I miss the blade-not-black-panther era where white and black people could have normal social interactions, good, bad and ugly, without everything being passing through the jesse jackson filter
Gold: 2,617.52
May 24 2020 02:48pm
Quote (Goomshill @ May 24 2020 08:54am)
https://www.walb.com/2020/05/22/trending-twitter-video-involving-fedex-driver-leads-walb-employee-receiving-death-threats/

black fedex deliverymen drives across a white georgia homeowner's yard and delivers the package to his front door with the truck going through his grass. homeowner says its the 3rd time they've done it and is irate and gets into a shouting match with him, they film each other doing the 'come at me bruh' routine, nothing happens, they go home. Drivers post the clip to twitter and get it trending, get fired, then crowdsource 50k. White guy gets labeled racist in social mediaverse and receives death threats despite literally nothing being said or done based on race in the clip and the disagreement very obviously and vocally being about driving on his lawn.
I miss the blade-not-black-panther era where white and black people could have normal social interactions, good, bad and ugly, without everything being passing through the jesse jackson filter

And they wonder why vigilantes are a thing now.
May 26 2020 07:10am
https://www.startribune.com/in-custody-death-of-man-in-south-minneapolis-investigated/570763352/
https://www.facebook.com/darnellareallprettymarie/posts/1425401580994277

pretty bad looking incident filmed by bystanders
looks to me like a pretty unambiguous excessive force homicide, whatever degree of murder. The story is that the cops were called to a report of a forgery, a dispute between a convenience store owner and the black guy seen on the ground. The officers who had bodycameras on and operational the whole time, found the man sitting in his car, ordered him out, and he initially complied and was handcuffed, before he physically resisted them, apparently just prior to the video being starting. Apparently they tried to get him in the car for 10+ minutes before the video. The one officer continued to hold him on the ground with his knee pressing on the guy's neck, despite telling him to get up and get in the car and the guy says he can't breath and starts bleeding from his nose, and even after obviously entering some kind of medical distress and becoming delirious and finally unresponsive, stopped moving and was obviously already dead. And the one cop is still compressing the guy's neck until EMTs arrive 4 minutes after he appears dead, even as the growing crowd tries to tell them to get off him and check his pulse.

this is probably going to blow up and be a national headline by tomorrow night, and I imagine we'll get more bodycam video and details- probably showing him resisting- but I don't think there's any imaginable scenario where any prior conduct could justify what's clearly an illegal chokehold being held even as the guy's obviously dying and even for minutes after he's completely motionless for several minutes. Now it does strike one interesting question about guilt, whether as a matter of moral or legal judgment- say we take it as a given the cop kneeling on the man's neck murdered him. What culpability does the other guy standing off against the crowd hold? Was he responsible for both failing to intervene and preventing intervention, or trying to prevent a dangerous situation from escalating as the crowd grew irate? Should he be considered an accomplice, and how should his intent be judged?
Gold: 285.00
May 26 2020 07:27am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 24 2020 08:54am)

What about this one:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html

She was totally trying to get this guy killed. And that poor dog she is choking out lol.

Its funny because by the end of the video you can tell she is buying her own story and actually feels scared.

SWS in action.
May 26 2020 07:38am
/e thought you were replying to other comment
that ones from 2 days ago

This post was edited by Goomshill on May 26 2020 07:40am
May 26 2020 07:40am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 26 2020 09:38am)
seems a whole lot less serious

Thank god. I would hope the vast majority of these incidents don't become serious.
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2020 08:01am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 26 2020 08:10am)
https://www.startribune.com/in-custody-death-of-man-in-south-minneapolis-investigated/570763352/
https://www.facebook.com/darnellareallprettymarie/posts/1425401580994277

pretty bad looking incident filmed by bystanders
looks to me like a pretty unambiguous excessive force homicide, whatever degree of murder. The story is that the cops were called to a report of a forgery, a dispute between a convenience store owner and the black guy seen on the ground. The officers who had bodycameras on and operational the whole time, found the man sitting in his car, ordered him out, and he initially complied and was handcuffed, before he physically resisted them, apparently just prior to the video being starting. Apparently they tried to get him in the car for 10+ minutes before the video. The one officer continued to hold him on the ground with his knee pressing on the guy's neck, despite telling him to get up and get in the car and the guy says he can't breath and starts bleeding from his nose, and even after obviously entering some kind of medical distress and becoming delirious and finally unresponsive, stopped moving and was obviously already dead. And the one cop is still compressing the guy's neck until EMTs arrive 4 minutes after he appears dead, even as the growing crowd tries to tell them to get off him and check his pulse.

this is probably going to blow up and be a national headline by tomorrow night, and I imagine we'll get more bodycam video and details- probably showing him resisting- but I don't think there's any imaginable scenario where any prior conduct could justify what's clearly an illegal chokehold being held even as the guy's obviously dying and even for minutes after he's completely motionless for several minutes. Now it does strike one interesting question about guilt, whether as a matter of moral or legal judgment- say we take it as a given the cop kneeling on the man's neck murdered him. What culpability does the other guy standing off against the crowd hold? Was he responsible for both failing to intervene and preventing intervention, or trying to prevent a dangerous situation from escalating as the crowd grew irate? Should he be considered an accomplice, and how should his intent be judged?

Was going to post this. IDGAF what this man purportedly did beforehand, at the point of the start of this video, they had the guy cuffed and restrained, and there's absolutely no excuse for the knee to the neck like that. If they need assistance getting the man in the car, call for backup. The other cop deserves to be charged as well, although I don't know yet what charge should be brought.
May 26 2020 08:07am
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 26 2020 10:01am)
Was going to post this. IDGAF what this man purportedly did beforehand, at the point of the start of this video, they had the guy cuffed and restrained, and there's absolutely no excuse for the knee to the neck like that. If they need assistance getting the man in the car, call for backup. The other cop deserves to be charged as well, although I don't know yet what charge should be brought.

If you're with someone who does something you're pretty much guilty of that thing according to any judge whose sentenced someone.
May 26 2020 08:14am
Quote (Skinned @ May 26 2020 09:07am)
If you're with someone who does something you're pretty much guilty of that thing according to any judge whose sentenced someone.

Well look at the contrast with transferred intent in felony murder. Its hard to say that a cop who thought he was just holding back an angry mob while his partner secured the suspect can be culpable of both the serious felony and negligent risk to life needed for a murder charge. At some point, it would require the calculation for the partner to realize the other cop is killing the man and take a proactive step to try to intervene and stop him. Having the bad judgment to kill a man by kneeling on his neck is pretty unambigously homicide, but not having the good judgment to stop your partner from kneeling on a guy's neck, well even if its culpable it doesn't seem anywhere on the same level. Its not a high standard to live up to, and the failure to do so could be grounds for reprimand or firing, but in terms of criminal liability it gets more muddled. Not so for the cop kneeling on him, that's pretty clear cut. I'm trying to imagine what bodycam footage could even slightly diminish that
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2020 08:17am
Quote (Surfpunk @ May 26 2020 10:01am)

holy crap this is insane. this is serving and protecting????
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167686970Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll