d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Aim's Ladder Finds
Prev1234537Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 354.00
Jul 17 2019 12:53pm
Bots gave everyone a way to compete: items and levels for "free".
Without bots people would splash the cash for items. With bots, you could get items to compete (not the best, but steal reasonable).

When bots died - Diablo 2 died, because people who used to play are nowadays 30+ and dont have time to legit search for items. Even legit leveling takes a ton of time.

When the 24/7 public bots died, Classic became dead too. In the past you could level up in own rhytm using a public CS game. Now, no more public CS games.
Rarely a game around 20:00.
Gold: 256.43
Jul 17 2019 10:42pm
Quote (Boogmax @ Jul 17 2019 07:38pm)
You can play every game for fun, you can also to compet.
Many ppl playing football, basketball or whatever to have fun AND to try winning the championship because there is a ladder with your name.
Diablo II would be a game with no ladder, i think we wouldnt care about bots but we could only have fun.
But there is a ladder, so we want fun AND competition.

In my opinion Diablo II is based on the competition as you get experience, levels and ladder ranks.

As I said I don’t understand how the xp grinding could be seen as « « competition » so I wouldn’t understand that statement. The real competition in d2 is the pvp, there is nothing competitive to just be the one who sat the longest time doing an easy thing just more than others. But that’s just me I guess
Gold: 305.00
Jul 18 2019 02:13am
Quote (Youshould @ Jul 18 2019 06:42am)
As I said I don’t understand how the xp grinding could be seen as « « competition » so I wouldn’t understand that statement. The real competition in d2 is the pvp, there is nothing competitive to just be the one who sat the longest time doing an easy thing just more than others. But that’s just me I guess

Pvmers like exping and trying to get best rank possible, thats the point. As footballers like to put a ball into a goal. Pvming isnt much stupid that football (and i love football !^^).

Now imagine bots builiding pvpers with perfect items droped in boted cs and a perfect way a duelling. Would you keep thinking pvping is funny if you cant win the tournament ?
Jul 18 2019 02:31am
Quote (Boogmax @ Jul 18 2019 10:13am)
Pvmers like exping and trying to get best rank possible, thats the point. As footballers like to put a ball into a goal. Pvming isnt much stupid that football (and i love football !^^).

Now imagine bots builiding pvpers with perfect items droped in boted cs and a perfect way a duelling. Would you keep thinking pvping is funny if you cant win the tournament ?

If killing a bot was possible but very technical and requiring skills then yes it would be fun just like in a Fps game vs bots.

Also you compared d2 pvm with football, it’s a lot lacking. Give me 6 free month, a good comp, food and drinks, cigs and I can be competitive in d2 ladder xping/finding items. Give me whatever you want but I will never be a competitive footballer even if I tryed 15 years.

I mean do you really think that you need to be « good » at d2 to be competitive in ladder ranking ? Imo it just mean you invested more time than others. You haven’t used any « skills » to be better than others, you just tryed harder.
Jul 18 2019 03:44am
Quote (Youshould @ Jul 18 2019 10:31am)
If killing a bot was possible but very technical and requiring skills then yes it would be fun just like in a Fps game vs bots.

Also you compared d2 pvm with football, it’s a lot lacking. Give me 6 free month, a good comp, food and drinks, cigs and I can be competitive in d2 ladder xping/finding items. Give me whatever you want but I will never be a competitive footballer even if I tryed 15 years.

I mean do you really think that you need to be « good » at d2 to be competitive in ladder ranking ? Imo it just mean you invested more time than others. You haven’t used any « skills » to be better than others, you just tryed harder.

100% people in know IRL never played D2 and im sure at least 90% of them wouldnt be competitive in ladder ranking. Because they know absolutly nothing about gaming in general. As you coudnt be considered as "correct" footballer after 6 months because you are not a sports man.
You think pvming is EZ because you are able to do it. And im not saying i want to be considered as a genius because im also able to pvm ;)

What i dont get is when people dont accept that some players like very much pvming and try to get the highest rank possible. As i said, this a game with experience, levels and ladder ranking. What those are for if it's not to get the highest possible ? When you play Tetris, you trying to get the highest score possible, when you play tennis, you play for fun and also to try getting the highest ranking possible, etc. Thats my point of view. You have your. But thats not beacause you think ladder ranking is stupid that it is. It is for you, but you should accept thats it may be "important" for others ;)
Jul 18 2019 04:22am
Quote (Boogmax @ Jul 18 2019 11:44am)
100% people in know IRL never played D2 and im sure at least 90% of them wouldnt be competitive in ladder ranking. Because they know absolutly nothing about gaming in general. As you coudnt be considered as "correct" footballer after 6 months because you are not a sports man.
You think pvming is EZ because you are able to do it. And im not saying i want to be considered as a genius because im also able to pvm ;)

What i dont get is when people dont accept that some players like very much pvming and try to get the highest rank possible. As i said, this a game with experience, levels and ladder ranking. What those are for if it's not to get the highest possible ? When you play Tetris, you trying to get the highest score possible, when you play tennis, you play for fun and also to try getting the highest ranking possible, etc. Thats my point of view. You have your. But thats not beacause you think ladder ranking is stupid that it is. It is for you, but you should accept thats it may be "important" for others ;)

Yes i guess we can’t agree on that one but hey, we don’t need to agree on everything ! I guess I’m lucky that bots aren’t bothering me (in fact I have never botted myself but I would probably be gone off d2 in 2008 if there was no bots at all back then)

Have a good day :angel:
Jul 18 2019 04:24am
Quote (Youshould @ Jul 18 2019 12:22pm)
Yes i guess we can’t agree on that one but hey, we don’t need to agree on everything ! I guess I’m lucky that bots aren’t bothering me (in fact I have never botted myself but I would probably be gone off d2 in 2008 if there was no bots at all back then)

Have a good day :angel:

at least we agreed on one point : we ruined his topic ! :rofl:
Jul 18 2019 05:02am
Quote (Boogmax @ Jul 18 2019 12:24pm)
at least we agreed on one point : we ruined his topic ! :rofl:

Haha thats true yes
Gold: 0.00
Jul 18 2019 05:08am
was good topique

trires rings without adds

trophy
Gold: 0.31
Jul 19 2019 12:15am
Quote (Youshould @ Jul 18 2019 12:42am)

Never seen u in a pvp game
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234537Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll