d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Street Fighter / Tekken/ Fighting Games > Primary General Chat Topic
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,161.71
Aug 6 2019 09:46pm
Quote (Sasori @ Aug 6 2019 01:10am)
just got back from EVO 2019.. my mentor defeated Fuudo and my other friend from our local scene got 17th!!! out of 2k+

Niiiiice

I woulda been 2000th 😂
Gold: 293.50
Aug 7 2019 12:14pm
Quote (Bazi @ Aug 6 2019 10:46pm)
Niiiiice

I woulda been 2000th 😂

haha!
Aug 20 2019 02:54pm
i finally achieved master rank in SFV!!
Gold: 2.00
Aug 21 2019 06:14am
Tekken player here. Got 6, and 7.
Hmu for sparing in orange, red, and purple ranks!
Aug 23 2019 12:41am
Quote (MasterJediSwan @ Aug 21 2019 07:14am)
Tekken player here. Got 6, and 7.
Hmu for sparing in orange, red, and purple ranks!

haha not that good yet, still master KBD and dash electrics, playing kaz/heihachi, and maybe kazumi, Arslan Ash 2 good
Sep 2 2019 10:42am
Quote (Sasori @ Aug 23 2019 02:41am)
haha not that good yet, still master KBD and dash electrics, playing kaz/heihachi, and maybe kazumi, Arslan Ash 2 good

If you want my advice about KBD, I would suggest you practice it with Alisa or Lily. They've got the best side steps in the game. It'll make the side step cancel easier since it's so much faster than the mishima's.
But the best advice I can give is to play the chars with the least difficulty, and the highest reward. I've been mentoring my nephew in tekken and I tell him to do this... doesn't listen tho lol. But when he plays someone like armor king I don't absolutely blow his doors off with my orange ranked chars.
The point is to maximize punishes, and improve your fundamentals with ez chars and move up in rank to fight better players. That'll improve your skills with harder chars. That's why I have so many chars in reds even tho I barely know much of shit with them.
Sep 2 2019 03:57pm
Quote (MasterJediSwan @ Sep 2 2019 11:42am)
If you want my advice about KBD, I would suggest you practice it with Alisa or Lily. They've got the best side steps in the game. It'll make the side step cancel easier since it's so much faster than the mishima's.
But the best advice I can give is to play the chars with the least difficulty, and the highest reward. I've been mentoring my nephew in tekken and I tell him to do this... doesn't listen tho lol. But when he plays someone like armor king I don't absolutely blow his doors off with my orange ranked chars.
The point is to maximize punishes, and improve your fundamentals with ez chars and move up in rank to fight better players. That'll improve your skills with harder chars. That's why I have so many chars in reds even tho I barely know much of shit with them.

side step cancel isn't how you do KBD though, it's back back,neutral, downback, back, neutral, downback, back neutral.

if you KBD using side step, then you can be Hit out of the backdash, you can't be hit out of proper KBD, you'll block whatever they press.

basically you backdash into crouching holding down back, if you hit back from this position it gives you both backs for a backdash, and then you just repeat it over and over.

This post was edited by Sasori on Sep 2 2019 03:59pm
Sep 2 2019 04:16pm
Quote (Sasori @ Sep 2 2019 05:57pm)
side step cancel isn't how you do KBD though, it's back back,neutral, downback, back, neutral, downback, back neutral.

if you KBD using side step, then you can be Hit out of the backdash, you can't be hit out of proper KBD, you'll block whatever they press.

basically you backdash into crouching holding down back, if you hit back from this position it gives you both backs for a backdash, and then you just repeat it over and over.

Didn't know the full notation tbh. I just picked up how to do it by watching tourneys and a few tutorials. BlastedSalami and Framewhisperer have great guides on this. I did it a little in T6, but I'm an Alisa main so it wasn't all too necessary for her in that game. In T7 she got nerfed quite a bit... not as bad as in TT2, but she's not A+ tier anymore. Gotta compensate somehow lol. Neways try what I said about ez chars. Paul, Katerina, Noctis(stupid ez char with a lot of broken moves) are good places to start.
Btw what date does the new season drop? I was googling this but everything just said September ><
Sep 2 2019 04:24pm
Quote (MasterJediSwan @ Sep 2 2019 05:16pm)
Didn't know the full notation tbh. I just picked up how to do it by watching tourneys and a few tutorials. BlastedSalami and Framewhisperer have great guides on this. I did it a little in T6, but I'm an Alisa main so it wasn't all too necessary for her in that game. In T7 she got nerfed quite a bit... not as bad as in TT2, but she's not A+ tier anymore. Gotta compensate somehow lol. Neways try what I said about ez chars. Paul, Katerina, Noctis(stupid ez char with a lot of broken moves) are good places to start.
Btw what date does the new season drop? I was googling this but everything just said September ><

it comes out this month
Sep 2 2019 04:44pm
Quote (Sasori @ Sep 2 2019 06:24pm)
it comes out this month

Just wish there was an exact date. Then I can make sure I have that day free with my schedule >< Really wanna explore the new moves and Zafina. Never played her in T6 since I would stop the bejesus outta any I played with Alisa, but she looks really cool in trailer, so maybe? lol cannot be worse than how Negan turned out
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll