d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > My Holy Holm 2k On It
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.87
Jul 5 2019 07:43am
Quote (vert @ Jul 4 2019 10:34pm)
I’ll do my 3.3 vs ur 2k ty

Id take nunes at those odds
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2019 04:44pm
Quote (nekrotic @ Jul 4 2019 12:48pm)
I have a feeling Holy will take it

Duno man, aMANda is ruthless af and very smart too, she fought a very smart fight against Valentina, I don't think Holm stand a chance
Gold: 6,487.40
Jul 5 2019 04:50pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ 5 Jul 2019 17:44)
Duno man, aMANda is ruthless af and very smart too, she fought a very smart fight against Valentina, I don't think Holm stand a chance

my logic goes the same way. Its just the way Holy is focused this time, its a feeling she might pull the win out of nowhere
Jul 5 2019 06:47pm
Quote (nekrotic @ Jul 5 2019 10:50pm)
my logic goes the same way. Its just the way Holy is focused this time, its a feeling she might pull the win out of nowhere

Yeah anything could happen no doubt
Jul 5 2019 07:46pm
Quote (-=vasya=- @ 6 Jul 2019 00:44)

Quote (nekrotic @ 6 Jul 2019 00:50)

If Holm just clinches and grinds for the first 2 rounds and turns it into a cardio battle, it will take away the main threat of Nunes, which is her explosiveness.

Nunes may have improved on her cardiovascular endurance as shown in the second Shevchenko fight, but she put on some muscle for the Cyborg fight not too long ago and my speculation is that she's going to have less muscular endurance because of the oxygen needs and probably is going to have a harder weight cut too. If Holm sticks to the grinding plan, she will win the point striking battle later on. Moreover, her footwork is not on the level of Holm, who is able to keep it the fight on the outside with her reach advantage and her Jackson-Wink style of distance control. Holm just needs to watch out for the dangerous calf kick Nunes has that will mess with her footwork. Nunes threw it early in the Cyborg fight and my expectation is that she will throw it early against Holm too to slow her down.

Nunes' incomplete ground game reminds me of Ulka Sasaki. Excellent offense, poor defense (for a BJJ black belt). She looks great when she's pouring it on, but makes careless mistakes every now and then. I don't think Holm should be intimidated by her black belt and just try to smash and rest her weight on her from the top guard position if the opportunity arises.
Gold: 6,487.40
Jul 5 2019 08:25pm
Quote (Marcelius91 @ 5 Jul 2019 18:46)
If Holm just clinches and grinds for the first 2 rounds and turns it into a cardio battle, it will take away the main threat of Nunes, which is her explosiveness.

Nunes may have improved on her cardiovascular endurance as shown in the second Shevchenko fight, but she put on some muscle for the Cyborg fight not too long ago and my speculation is that she's going to have less muscular endurance because of the oxygen needs and probably is going to have a harder weight cut too. If Holm sticks to the grinding plan, she will win the point striking battle later on. Moreover, her footwork is not on the level of Holm, who is able to keep it the fight on the outside with her reach advantage and her Jackson-Wink style of distance control. Holm just needs to watch out for the dangerous calf kick Nunes has that will mess with her footwork. Nunes threw it early in the Cyborg fight and my expectation is that she will throw it early against Holm too to slow her down.

Nunes' incomplete ground game reminds me of Ulka Sasaki. Excellent offense, poor defense (for a BJJ black belt). She looks great when she's pouring it on, but makes careless mistakes every now and then. I don't think Holm should be intimidated by her black belt and just try to smash and rest her weight on her from the top guard position if the opportunity arises.

very good post
Nunes actually did struggle making weight. Thats good for Holm. I dont think she will go on her face and try to bang with her like cyborg did
Jul 5 2019 09:47pm
Need a bet
Jul 6 2019 12:48am
Quote (Marcelius91 @ Jul 6 2019 01:46am)

Very good point

I hope Holm wins, Nunes is so cringe
Jul 6 2019 08:15am
:P
Jul 6 2019 08:11pm
Up
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll