d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Playing Single Player - Need Advice
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,612.50
Jun 25 2019 04:17am
The most efficient thing to do:

1. Get your sorc to Hell and respec to Pure Blizz. Skip all non-essential game content and tele your way to A3 Lower Kurast. (Assuming you are playing softcore)
2. Find a good set of LK Maps - you will want at least 2 types:
a) Good superchest map (2 campfire tiles close to WP)
b) Good rack map (especially Hell Level polearms - CV, CA etc. - farm these for eth merc weapon bases)
3. Keep running LK until you have 2x Mal, 2x Ist, 1x Vex, 1 Ohm, 2 Bers - this is pretty boring and will take thousands of runs, but it isn't very difficult and requires no gear. You will be able to make Hoto, Infinity and CtA which pretty much sets you up.
4. Find a good Durance 2 Map and do Hell Meph runs (highest player setting that is still easy/fast to clear) - You will be able to find Vipermagi / Shako / Arachs / Magefist / Trangs / Reaper's for your Windy usually within a few hundred runs. Andariel's Visage, SoJ's, Maras etc. are rarer but still reasonable to acquire.
5. You don't necessarily need to do these steps in order - if you get bored of one form of farming, you can switch to another. Just go to your D2 file and copy the .map file to save the map seeds you want. (Up to you if you want to manipulate the game this way ofc)
6. Use your sorc to collect gear for your Windy - cube up Surs and Bers from LK to make Jah for Enigma.

Good Luck!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 25 2019 04:22am
Use charracter editor much simpler :D
Gold: 28,300.00
Jun 25 2019 05:14am
Quote (draftw3dr @ Jun 25 2019 06:17am)
The most efficient thing to do:

1. Get your sorc to Hell and respec to Pure Blizz. Skip all non-essential game content and tele your way to A3 Lower Kurast. (Assuming you are playing softcore)
2. Find a good set of LK Maps - you will want at least 2 types:
a) Good superchest map (2 campfire tiles close to WP)
b) Good rack map (especially Hell Level polearms - CV, CA etc. - farm these for eth merc weapon bases)
3. Keep running LK until you have 2x Mal, 2x Ist, 1x Vex, 1 Ohm, 2 Bers - this is pretty boring and will take thousands of runs, but it isn't very difficult and requires no gear. You will be able to make Hoto, Infinity and CtA which pretty much sets you up.
4. Find a good Durance 2 Map and do Hell Meph runs (highest player setting that is still easy/fast to clear) - You will be able to find Vipermagi / Shako / Arachs / Magefist / Trangs / Reaper's for your Windy usually within a few hundred runs. Andariel's Visage, SoJ's, Maras etc. are rarer but still reasonable to acquire.
5. You don't necessarily need to do these steps in order - if you get bored of one form of farming, you can switch to another. Just go to your D2 file and copy the .map file to save the map seeds you want. (Up to you if you want to manipulate the game this way ofc)
6. Use your sorc to collect gear for your Windy - cube up Surs and Bers from LK to make Jah for Enigma.

Good Luck!

thanks a ton! will give this a shot
Jun 25 2019 06:43am
I farmed meph for days... then I just walked over hell
Jun 25 2019 06:46am
Quote (TheBabyPixel @ Jun 25 2019 08:43am)
I farmed meph for days... then I just walked over hell

assume you mean hell meph, not NM meph right?

I respec'd to pure blizz, but feel like my meph runs are pretty slow. maybe bad map but i keep triggering council
Jun 25 2019 06:48am
Quote (MidWinter @ Jun 25 2019 01:46pm)
assume you mean hell meph, not NM meph right?

I respec'd to pure blizz, but feel like my meph runs are pretty slow. maybe bad map but i keep triggering council

nope, nm meph. then I walked over hell till hell meph and then I farmed him a couple times and just went over baal. kinda struggled with immunities but with plugy you can ez respec, so thats not ur problem
Jun 25 2019 06:52am
Quote (TheBabyPixel @ Jun 25 2019 08:48am)
nope, nm meph. then I walked over hell till hell meph and then I farmed him a couple times and just went over baal. kinda struggled with immunities but with plugy you can ez respec, so thats not ur problem

hmm not sure how to respec via plugy, maybe i'm missing that option.

farmed nm meph for a few hours but didn't pull much.

farmed hell meph for a few hours (slowly) and got magefist, waterwalks, spirit shroud and a bunch of merc items, but nothing game changing enough to get me through hell.

would love to hear any opinions on this:

Quote (MidWinter @ Jun 25 2019 05:42am)

tals helm + duriels + bonehew/kelpie/hone sudan/insight

any suggestions which weapon my merc should use between those 4? he's still getting 2 shot by hell andy. anything else i can do to help with that?

This post was edited by MidWinter on Jun 25 2019 06:53am
Jun 25 2019 06:53am
Quote (MidWinter @ Jun 25 2019 01:52pm)
hmm not sure how to respec via plugy, maybe i'm missing that option.

farmed nm meph for a few hours but didn't pull much.

farmed hell meph for a few hours (slowly) and got magefist, waterwalks, spirit shroud and a bunch of merc items, but nothing game changing enough to get me through hell.

you can respec through the X in the skills tab and shift or alt (not sure) + click on your attributes to unassign them afaik
Jun 25 2019 02:53pm

awesome drop off hell meph!! pretty dope roll
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll