d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > How To Be A Good Yang Supporter > Andrew Yang 2020
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2019 03:07pm

I want to be associated with these people. Policies aside, Yang supporters don't attack people for having a different perspective, IMHO.

Look how nice and civil people are to each other in comment sections of interviews with Yang, even in disagreement. They don't think they are better or smarter than everyone else.

There are Yang progressives and Yang conservatives. There are Yang republicans and Yang democrats. Yang supporters have a good balance of their rational side (MATH: Make America Think Harder) and emotional side (Humanity First). Yang is a representation and a symbol of unity in a time that many of the Americans are blaming each other for everything.
Gold: 28,296.01
Jun 21 2019 03:08pm
1k will turn the nastiest of men civil
Jun 21 2019 03:14pm
so u wana be part of a group that gets told how to think and act?
Jun 21 2019 03:14pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 21 Jun 2019 23:08)
1k will turn the nastiest of men civil

Well the pessimistic view is that Yang supporters only vote and are civil because of the 1k. But look at it from this point of view. 1k is going to take the boot of people's throat. I'm speculating that it will lower crime and mental illness (Yang is pressing hard for mental wellbeing). We have to start somewhere. We have nothing to lose. We don't need to agree on every damn policy, because that's never going to happen.

I'm choosing for Yang, not because of the 1k. I want America to be united again. Because only when that happens, we can think about making America great again.
Jun 21 2019 03:18pm
Quote (Marcelius91 @ Jun 21 2019 02:14pm)
Well the pessimistic view is that Yang supporters only vote and are civil because of the 1k. But look at it from this point of view. 1k is going to take the boot of people's throat. I'm speculating that it will lower crime and mental illness (Yang is pressing hard for mental wellbeing). We have to start somewhere. We have nothing to lose. We don't need to agree on every damn policy, because that's never going to happen.

I'm choosing for Yang, not because of the 1k. I want America to be united again. Because only when that happens, we can think about making America great again.

In general I'm not triggered by anything about him but his gun view is shit. Also a weird view to have as the midwestern trucker's hero.

Tulsi is number 1 but she can bring on yang if she wants
Jun 21 2019 03:19pm
Quote (GodSmiter @ 21 Jun 2019 23:14)
so u wana be part of a group that gets told how to think and act?

My ego is not big. It's okay for them to tell me how to behave myself. That's what leaders are for. We need to find a balance between freedom and the government giving some direction. Otherwise we might as well go full anarchy.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 21 2019 03:21pm
I fully expect the first DNC debate to have all of the other candidates mock Yang, then out of the other side of their mouth fully back "black reparations" with zero specifics to garner votes.

Yang is the only one not on the take from Big Corpa, all of the other ones will act like automation isn't real until it takes all the jobs. Then they'll posture like they're anti-corp will will get jobs back. Ask Ohio how far that rhetoric gets you in reality.

Quote (Marcelius91 @ Jun 21 2019 03:22pm)
I agree with you on the gun thing. But Yang would also be the first one to have a civil discussion with someone like you and open-minded enough change his views. It's not about the policy for me. It's about the attitude. I'm trying to see the big picture.

this. this is the reason Yang has my vote on ANY ticket he's on.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 21 2019 03:24pm
Jun 21 2019 03:22pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 21 Jun 2019 23:18)
In general I'm not triggered by anything about him but his gun view is shit. Also a weird view to have as the midwestern trucker's hero.

Tulsi is number 1 but she can bring on yang if she wants

I agree with you on the gun thing. But Yang would also be the first one to have a civil discussion with someone like you and open-minded enough change his views. It's not about the policy for me. It's about the attitude. I'm trying to see the big picture.
Jun 21 2019 03:24pm
Quote (Marcelius91 @ Jun 21 2019 04:19pm)
My ego is not big. It's okay for them to tell me how to behave myself. That's what leaders are for. We need to find a balance between freedom and the government giving some direction. Otherwise we might as well go full anarchy.

I really was just attacking that cringy ass recruitment picture.

I think UBI is great on it's face but the idea should be about purchasing power. I've read elsewhere (admittely not much) that Yang will not be giving these benefits to those already on welfare, which means they will have to opt out of some programs just to get this (while others wouldn't) which actually doesn't make it universal at all (infact its hurting the people who probably need it the most)
Jun 21 2019 03:25pm
Quote (Marcelius91 @ Jun 21 2019 02:22pm)

I think that is true and applies to yang and tulsi. They are authentic civil and conduct themselves in ways that are productive during conversation. I agree that tone is important which is a large part in my support for tulsi and kinda support for yang. The country could certainly use either after a trump term for sure. They will lose but they will go down as the better people in the race for sure
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll