d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Bmana Clash Experts
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jun 18 2019 06:32pm
Quote (laztheripper @ Jun 18 2019 08:28pm)
People duped hundreds of full accounts of bmanas at the time before the patch. So in theory you are checking 40 ids out of those hundreds of thousands of unique ids. Albeit most probably expired and/or the people who duped them after the patch used only a few hundred different bmanas. But still, there's absolutely no way of knowing.

The whole idea of clashing to prove anything definitively is a ploy by the same people trying to scam you out of large chunks of change for privately duped 08's.

Well said yeah this
Gold: 501.46
Jun 18 2019 07:16pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 18 Jun 2019 20:12)
so like you thought the entire community would only dupe to 40 IDs just because it = a full inv? orrrrrrrrr?

or.

Quote (laztheripper @ 18 Jun 2019 20:28)
People duped hundreds of full accounts of bmanas at the time before the patch. So in theory you are checking 40 ids out of those hundreds of thousands of unique ids. Albeit most probably expired and/or the people who duped them after the patch used only a few hundred different bmanas. But still, there's absolutely no way of knowing.

The whole idea of clashing to prove anything definitively is a ploy by the same people trying to scam you out of large chunks of change for privately duped 08's.

thanks. this make sense. so bmanas are really all about trust in history then. i wouldn't say all clashes are for scamming though. for example if a Collector has a full set (3 123's etc), a clash can prove that the item is not publicly duped, which cuts down the chance of unperm by a lot, especially if the people in history are trustworthy and unlikely to private.

Gold: 102,681.26
Jun 18 2019 08:25pm
Quote (Taylor_Swift @ Jun 18 2019 09:16pm)
or.

thanks. this make sense. so bmanas are really all about trust in history then. i wouldn't say all clashes are for scamming though. for example if a Collector has a full set (3 123's etc), a clash can prove that the item is not publicly duped, which cuts down the chance of unperm by a lot, especially if the people in history are trustworthy and unlikely to private.

It makes it more likely they're perm, point was simply that it's impossible to guarantee.
Gold: 8.73
Jun 19 2019 04:28am
Quote (Taylor_Swift @ Jun 18 2019 09:16pm)
or.

A clash test proves nothing.
A history proves nothing.

Not only can you fake a clash test by loading a second unperm char into the same ip but people can (and do) fake histories

I've seen multiple people selling the bmanas that meta scammed then sold with fake history and just the other day I saw a thread with a couple of the 5 frw scs he scammed and sold with fake history

The only important factor is whether you trust the person you're buying from to refund you if something goes wrong. Everything else is fluff that helps people scam

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Jun 19 2019 04:30am
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll