d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Dallas Shooter
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2019 07:05pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Jun 21 2019 12:59am)
as long as u can pass the military entrance exam and are in good health, and no crim record, they will let you in

No joke, I've been considering doing Reserves lately. Got that itch to serve and concerned I might regret it later in life. At 33/34 years old, and in great shape, I'm concerned that ship sailed. However, by the sheer dumbfuckery I see from people in the service, I have to wonder if it's even worth my time now. It might be better to continue working for DoD contractors in my case. To those who are younger reading this, do it now while it's still realistic.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2019 07:17pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2019 01:44pm)
Are you referring to this pic...it took a whole 45 seconds to find, copy, save, and upload to imgur... :/

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/18/733568066/dallas-police-fatally-shoot-heavily-armed-gunman-outside-federal-courthouse-buil

https://i.imgur.com/FNnQvuR.png

lol he probably had a negative k/d ratio in CS:GO.
Gold: 2,065.00
Jun 21 2019 07:34am
just my 2 cents;

he is a right handed shooter, but hes reloading the weapon with the wrong hand. Basic military training/swat training ect teach you to always keep your weapon shouldered while reloading on the fly, and use your off hand to reload.

this person is not trained by anyone except call of duty.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 21 2019 07:51am
Quote (A_D_A_M @ Jun 21 2019 07:34am)
just my 2 cents;

he is a right handed shooter, but hes reloading the weapon with the wrong hand. Basic military training/swat training ect teach you to always keep your weapon shouldered while reloading on the fly, and use your off hand to reload.

this person is not trained by anyone except call of duty.

so you think his entire military service and history in the ROTC program is fake? or?

also, no one has ever gotten nervous and forgot training? or fumbled a magazine? or froze? that happens all the time in battle. and this guy has the added aspect of being 1 versus 20+ armed officers that were responding, so he's frantically looking in all directions for where the killshot is coming from.

he didnt even shoot anyone, its pretty clear he just wanted to suicide by cop. he was placed on medical leave for reportedly mental issues then discharged 6 months or so later, presumably not mentally fit to serve.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 21 2019 07:52am
Gold: 16,320.00
Jun 21 2019 07:55am
Quote (CarsV @ 20 Jun 2019 20:05)
No joke, I've been considering doing Reserves lately. Got that itch to serve and concerned I might regret it later in life. At 33/34 years old, and in great shape, I'm concerned that ship sailed. However, by the sheer dumbfuckery I see from people in the service, I have to wonder if it's even worth my time now. It might be better to continue working for DoD contractors in my case. To those who are younger reading this, do it now while it's still realistic.

Depends on the branch, tbh.
If you want to serve and not get stuck doing a bunch of overseas nonsense bullshit, try going coast guard reserve and using your time in there to get on an A-School waiting list.
Coast Guard also has a Depot program where they shorten boot camp for those who are a little bit older and have prior govt or military experience, or even just a bachelors or higher.
Then you would become active enlisted or you can apply directly to become an officer.
USCG is becoming more and more important with migrants, drugs and commercial waterways.
Talk to a recruiter from any branch and take your ASVAB.
You can use those scores for any branch and can go active or reserve.
If you take an asvab while talking to an Air Force recruiter, you’re not stuck with the Air Force.

This post was edited by IchBinDaddy on Jun 21 2019 07:56am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll