d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Hardcore Pally Builds > Who Has A Success Story?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25,553.00
Jun 17 2019 11:48am
Wondering if anyone can tell me the

• Vengeance/conviction build
  • Zeal/conviction build
hell viability of these builds
Gold: 20.00
Jun 18 2019 06:35pm
Quote (DeLorean719 @ Jun 17 2019 10:48am)
Wondering if anyone can tell me the
  • Vengeance/conviction build
  • Zeal/conviction build
hell viability of these builds

I dont understand the zeal and conviction build, but I've done vegence before and its grindy and boring, and to do good damage you need to go 2 hand, very easy to die for hc, I dont recommend
Jun 18 2019 07:12pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Jun 18 2019 06:35pm)
I dont understand the zeal and conviction build, but I've done vegence before and its grindy and boring, and to do good damage you need to go 2 hand, very easy to die for hc, I dont recommend

Appreciate the response. My overall goal was to provide conviction for the sorceresses in my team, and have a build that benefits from it as well. My suggestion of Zeal/conviction comes from assuming there is some weapon out there with enough elemental damage to make a difference. Mayne not?
Gold: 20.00
Jun 19 2019 06:30am
Quote (DeLorean719 @ Jun 18 2019 06:12pm)
Appreciate the response. My overall goal was to provide conviction for the sorceresses in my team, and have a build that benefits from it as well. My suggestion of Zeal/conviction comes from assuming there is some weapon out there with enough elemental damage to make a difference. Mayne not?

Not in classic, the best you could do is a 6 socket with p gems.

Also, if your sorc is cold, they dont benefit from conviction, as cold mastery already minus out enemy resist. In the off chance you're playing with a fire or lightning sorc, then ya conviction rocks
Gold: 354.00
Jun 20 2019 05:55pm
I have played classic for many years and I can legit tell you that I saw Vengeance like 3 times. The skill is simply very bad, you need a 2handed weapon to make it semi viable and even then it is still bad, because you can hit 1 monster at a time (those monsters that spawn more monsters in act4 become an impossible barrier).

As for zeal, there are few ways to do this, the most popular combination seems to be Zeal for physical attack + cold aura for safety and damage. I did some test chars to see how it works, cleglaw sword can also work at level 90 (although the set barely gives any resists so even with a socketed shield you struggle with that, also the knockack on the sword is incredibly irritating). Zeal with a 40ias BH can work too, then you have physical damage component and either cold, or light aura (lightning aura working was a big surprise for me).
Zealer needs at least 1 angelic ring + amulet, otherwise Attack rating is a big problem.

Zeal is also not that much better than Vengeance, you hit only few monsters (was it 5?) what makes it slow. And damage is not convincing: my level 90 cold clegger can clear CS but veery slow, same for my BH one. The BH one has more survivability, but the build is still quite meh.

Jun 21 2019 08:50am
Quote (dropship @ Jun 20 2019 05:55pm)
I have played classic for many years and I can legit tell you that I saw Vengeance like 3 times. The skill is simply very bad, you need a 2handed weapon to make it semi viable and even then it is still bad, because you can hit 1 monster at a time (those monsters that spawn more monsters in act4 become an impossible barrier).

As for zeal, there are few ways to do this, the most popular combination seems to be Zeal for physical attack + cold aura for safety and damage. I did some test chars to see how it works, cleglaw sword can also work at level 90 (although the set barely gives any resists so even with a socketed shield you struggle with that, also the knockack on the sword is incredibly irritating). Zeal with a 40ias BH can work too, then you have physical damage component and either cold, or light aura (lightning aura working was a big surprise for me).
Zealer needs at least 1 angelic ring + amulet, otherwise Attack rating is a big problem.

Zeal is also not that much better than Vengeance, you hit only few monsters (was it 5?) what makes it slow. And damage is not convincing: my level 90 cold clegger can clear CS but veery slow, same for my BH one. The BH one has more survivability, but the build is still quite meh.

Really appreciate this response, it's exactly what I needed to know!
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll