d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Hoping The Car Audio Folks Can Help Me Out > Replacing A Shift Knob
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Jun 15 2019 12:31pm
Hi there, I'm replacing my 2004 toyota corolla automatic shift knob, which unfortunately has an O/D toggle switch on it.
The knob was included in a lot I purchased off eBay of interior/trim parts, and I knew I would have to deal with this O/D switch one way or another.
Once I looked at the replacement shift knob, I realized the wires are connected directly to the button and are not labeled +/- in any way.
The button is non-removable, unlike some models, and the wires are exactly the same.They are the same color, length, and have no stripes.

Does it matter which wire is + and which is - when I'm replacing the shift knob?
Is there anything to watch out for other than the lock spring releasing/flying off as some people reported?
I'm generally pretty handy, just don't want to fuck my shifter up.

Any help would be appreciated I cannot find any information on this via youtube or googl'ing. Most people seem to run the switch wires to a different location in the car, suggesting they replaced the knob with a non-OEM part.
I would rather keep the OEM look at this point, and avoid running the wires elsewhere.

Tipping for solid or helpful responses.

This post was edited by Keasbey_Nights on Jun 15 2019 12:31pm
Gold: 2.00
Jun 15 2019 07:13pm
Topic can be closed, went ahead and did it.
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll