d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Delete Inactive Accounts 4 Years Old Or More > Delete Inactive Accounts 4 Years Old Or
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10.00
Jun 14 2019 05:16am
Quote (FreeUsername @ Jun 14 2019 07:13am)
^ lol

On topic;

These are things we forgot when the internet was created. And their isn't a proper fix for it.

I dislike the idea of deleting an account, because, if i get busy for a few years/lose interese in d2 (my reason for d2jsp), and come back i would be sad to see my account is gone.

On the other hand, i also get what laztheripper says and see the problem with names that become hard to get. It is polluted, i would say you can request an account name that been inactive for x time. However, if that user wants to come back, how he knows his old and changed account name? as we login by account and not emailaddress...

I dont see, even if 100% votes yes, this happening on d2jsp. I'm also against it, however i also see it is a problem -> voted null;

ok So i got the ultimate solution. Because jsp is a money involved website where users spend cash for goods and it's attached to their account you can't just throw away accounts that have spent money. So here are some solutions.

Only delete users who have not paid for fg.

OR

Keep all old user accounts but free up the name and upon logging in 4+ years later, the users it taken to a "Create New JSP name page"

BOOM

All the user info is stored, email / fg / profile / etc...except the Name itself enters a state of availability. If the user comes back and no1 has taken their name, they login their name is reinstated for another 4 years, if they come back in 4 years and their name, while in Limbo gets remade by some1 either new user or user renaming account, again they still have email/profile/fg all info registered except they simply have to go through a Create New Account name page and boom they're reinstated with their account still in tact simply missing the old name.

This post was edited by Produce on Jun 14 2019 05:23am
Gold: 170.00
Jun 14 2019 05:23am
Quote (Produce @ 14 Jun 2019 13:16)
ok So i got the ultimate solution. Because jsp is a money involved website where users spend cash for goods and it's attached to their account you can't just throw away accounts that have spent money. So here are some solutions.

OR

Keep all old user accounts but free up the name and upon logging in 4+ years later, the users it taken to a "Create New JSP name page"

BOOM

1) it is impossible to see if someone paid for fg, because people also used (legit) ways like buying [random game] keys, and not directy at the site. Did you pay for it than or not?

2) the fact that you can buy fg, doesnt mean you can sell fg back. d2jsp isnt a bank, it isnt an bank account and your balance can only be spend internally. FG isnt a valuta.

3) Your motivation to post this purely because you want to buy/get/fix the name Pro. In my eye's, a wrong motivation to post a suggestion. Its purely for self gain.

4) Those old members you mention, often wrote guides i highly appricate
Gold: 10.00
Jun 14 2019 05:30am
Quote (FreeUsername @ Jun 14 2019 07:23am)
1) it is impossible to see if someone paid for fg, because people also used (legit) ways like buying [random game] keys, and not directy at the site. Did you pay for it than or not?

2) the fact that you can buy fg, doesnt mean you can sell fg back. d2jsp isnt a bank, it isnt an bank account and your balance can only be spend internally. FG isnt a valuta.

3) Your motivation to post this purely because you want to buy/get/fix the name Pro. In my eye's, a wrong motivation to post a suggestion. Its purely for self gain.

4) Those old members you mention, often wrote guides i highly appricate

I like my second solution where nothing is deleted and just the name itself goes into name limbo. Forget about "Deleting" anything. Yeah I want the name Pro because right now it's being wasted. There are alot of names established as well as new users would like to acquire these abandoned names. There's nothing wrong with that actually in the spirit of D2 which this Website was created for in the first place, name trading and owning is a big thing. Idk what games you play but that's how it is in D2. Old members who wrote guides left their legacy behind it's not like you're deleting the guides. So if for example the account "Assassin" writes a guide then the guy disappears for 10 years, and a new user makes the account Assassin in 2020 the only downside there is maybe some1 will mistake him for a guide writer......but how many old unused Guide Writing accounts are we talking about here? 30 ? there isn't that many and again if you leave your car parked on the side of the road the government isn't going to be like "bro don't touch that it's his" . These names were abandoned. And just because "every forum" does it doesn't mean it's the best solution for THIS forum especially when this forum is based on video games where Names are a commodity and I'm sure that applies not only to D2.

This post was edited by Produce on Jun 14 2019 05:34am
Gold: 5,169.82
Jun 14 2019 08:15am
Quote (Produce @ Jun 14 2019 01:16pm)

OR

BOOM

All the user info is stored, email / fg / profile / etc...except the Name itself enters a state of availability. If the user comes back and no1 has taken their name, they login their name is reinstated for another 4 years, if they come back in 4 years and their name, while in Limbo gets remade by some1 either new user or user renaming account, again they still have email/profile/fg all info registered except they simply have to go through a Create New Account name page and boom they're reinstated with their account still in tact simply missing the old name.

You can keep coming up with alternate ideas but the bottom line is that it's not going to happen.
Banned
Gold: 101.00
Jun 14 2019 08:36am
Quote (Jangalang @ Jun 14 2019 11:39am)
Not to mention the countless people that return (or have thousands of fg/ ls gear that isn't seen), just to be deleted for someone else to get what they want.

This will NEVER happen. It has been suggested 100s of times.

i think op was referring to more older users (02-04 maybe) that have less than 100 posts). it's quite obvious that they wont come back & don't even try to argue against that :P
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 14 2019 09:28am
lazy people in the world

kids here won't listen to this suggestion lmao they r just gonna back up the admins xD "oh they can't do that" blabla

leeeeeeeeeeeel cry some more kids xD

This post was edited by FaZelol on Jun 14 2019 09:30am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 442.30
Trader: Trusted
Jun 14 2019 10:53am
Quote (DecrepWEave @ Jun 14 2019 08:36am)
i think op was referring to more older users (02-04 maybe) that have less than 100 posts). it's quite obvious that they wont come back & don't even try to argue against that :P

I understand what he is saying. I have seen people come back after many years. What we that don’t agree are saying is it will never happen. Go to other forums, it is the same way

Quote (FaZelol @ Jun 14 2019 09:28am)
lazy people in the world

kids here won't listen to this suggestion lmao they r just gonna back up the admins xD "oh they can't do that" blabla

leeeeeeeeeeeel cry some more kids xD

With all do respect, you are still a new cat on the forum and don’t know much of anything on the forums and the past. So “backup the admins” is a dumb and childish remark from a child.

No one is backing up the admins. We are simply stating that it has and will always be the same answer.
Gold: 7,537.13
Jun 14 2019 10:59am
Quote (Produce @ Jun 14 2019 07:16am)

OR

BOOM

Delete names of old accounts with zero posts.. bout it..

Shawn was takin in 03.. zero posts years ago when i checked..

Other then that.. i disagree.

Pro wouldnt be pro.. if u could just lose the name from inactivity.
Gold: 2,262.00
Jun 14 2019 11:20am
What about not deleting the account, but they are forced to change their username if they come back a day.
Gold: 309.86
Jun 14 2019 11:59am
No, cool simple word names are long overrated at this point anyways. lol @ crying for better available names in 2019
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll