d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Delete Inactive Accounts 4 Years Old Or More > Delete Inactive Accounts 4 Years Old Or
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10.00
Jun 13 2019 08:55pm
At the very least I'd be interested to know why. The owner of JSP should put a statement in the site logon or rules area at least explaining the logic. He must feel pretty adamantly about it considering it's been up for almost 20 years and still hasn't done user maintenance. I'd like to at least know the official reasons why not just user speculations.

Think about it....the username Pro was taken in 2004 and was abandoned the same day it was made. Why are we protecting THAT guy? All these cool account names...ABANDONED..like TRASH. So SCREW them! Delete that Trash. Let new users get cool names or established players rename their accounts. Let players pay FG fees to do so that's good for business. Why are we protecting a Legacy of Losers? A Legacy of Quitters? Is it so the site owner can look at his site and be like "O wow 1 million user accounts!" But if only 1% of them are active that actually makes the site look more WORSE than good! Please get rid of these old user accounts so we can do name changes and when my grandchildren 20 years down the road go to make a jsp account they actually can make a cool name or even honor a past player and REMAKE their old name.

PS: I know this has probably been brought up before but I'm bringing it back cuz it's the right time for such a topic and I think my take on it is new enough and obviously any old post didn't do it's job cuz this still hasn't been changed yet.

This post was edited by Produce on Jun 13 2019 09:21pm
Gold: 70,080.00
Jun 13 2019 08:57pm
Jsp will not delete old members/multis

Topic can be closed

Search for old topics and ull get the answer, every 1-2months this topic is brought up

This post was edited by Spinne on Jun 13 2019 09:00pm
Gold: 10.00
Jun 13 2019 08:59pm
Quote (Spinne @ Jun 13 2019 10:57pm)
Jsp will not delete old members/multis

Topic can be closed

So I'm guessing the logic is a player could quit then someone could remake his name on a new account and pose as that player? So what about name Change? If I change my name to XxSlay3rxX12 you're saying that no1 can make the account Produce afterwards?

It's a longevity issue. In 2040 there will be no good names left. You will either need to put Xx___xX on your name or a number and eventually even THOSE will be taken new users will have to make their accounts like: OLMGBRF&BFR$^D

I mean is it like "honoring" that old user? Honoring what I ask? 99% of them were made and abandoned in the same day zero posts zero fg LOL

4 years is a pretty GENEROUS time. It's not like a known user is gonna quit then 4 years later some1's gonna make his account and pose as him. It's like bro the original guy was a 2009 now he's a 2020 it's obviously not the same guy.

This post was edited by Produce on Jun 13 2019 09:15pm
Gold: 105,913.26
Jun 14 2019 01:47am
I voted yes. If anyone's curious why, check the post count of the guy who made "laz" and when the account was made. lol
Gold: 255.05
Jun 14 2019 02:18am
Imo only ppl with bad reputation wants to name chane.. 🙄

And in fact ppl come and go so why should they have to start over from a long break?
Gold: 1.93
Jun 14 2019 02:41am
Sorry the owner has been quite clear that this will never happen.
Gold: 5,169.82
Jun 14 2019 03:06am
The reason is pretty simple: it's technically a cam of worms, and there is no reason to actually do it. Usernames are meant for identification purposes, not for cosmetic purposes. If you don't like your username because someone else took your favorite one, then tough luck.

It works like that on all forums, there's no reason why jsp should be an exception.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 442.30
Trader: Trusted
Jun 14 2019 03:39am
Quote (Leevee @ Jun 14 2019 03:06am)
The reason is pretty simple: it's technically a cam of worms, and there is no reason to actually do it. Usernames are meant for identification purposes, not for cosmetic purposes. If you don't like your username because someone else took your favorite one, then tough luck.

It works like that on all forums, there's no reason why jsp should be an exception.

Not to mention the countless people that return (or have thousands of fg/ ls gear that isn't seen), just to be deleted for someone else to get what they want.

This will NEVER happen. It has been suggested 100s of times.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 40,156.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 14 2019 04:44am
No. Its a username, whats the big deal. And id pay for XxSlay3rxX12 if it wasnt taken. Thats dope.

On a more serious hand - this has been suggested before and denied just like Jangalang is saying. There have been many users who has come back after more than 4 years and that have fg saved etc. Deleting accounts is a big no.

Gold: 170.00
Jun 14 2019 05:13am
Quote (laztheripper @ 14 Jun 2019 09:47)
I voted yes. If anyone's curious why, check the post count of the guy who made "laz" and when the account was made. lol

^ lol

On topic;

These are things we forgot when the internet was created. And their isn't a proper fix for it.

I dislike the idea of deleting an account, because, if i get busy for a few years/lose interese in d2 (my reason for d2jsp), and come back i would be sad to see my account is gone.

On the other hand, i also get what laztheripper says and see the problem with names that become hard to get. It is polluted, i would say you can request an account name that been inactive for x time. However, if that user wants to come back, how he knows his old and changed account name? as we login by account and not emailaddress...

I dont see, even if 100% votes yes, this happening on d2jsp. I'm also against it, however i also see it is a problem -> voted null;

Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll