d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Gulf Of Oman Tanker Attacks > War With Iran Imminent?
Prev1282930313235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 945.00
Jun 25 2019 02:32pm
Quote (Algorhythm @ Jun 25 2019 09:22pm)
Geopolitics is no longer uni or bipolar. Things are complicated now. For one thing is sure, power of USA is waning. I do hope the American nation can ultimately handle the decline gracefully and not take half the world down with them in a tantrum :)

The power of the entire west actually, we're nearing the age of empires of more equal strengths. An interesting new future with new challenges to avoid violent confrontations.. Possibly even with not only the west imposing economical sanctions !?

Staying in a GoT equivelancy:

The wheel is already spinning.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Jun 25 2019 02:59pm
Gold: 633.87
Jun 25 2019 05:10pm
Quote (Algorhythm @ Jun 25 2019 03:18pm)
USA for one does both of these things :)

I don't know if it costs nothing, that is debatable. Regardless, Iranians can easily provoke a military confrontation if they feel cornered, in which case there would be no feasible solution for USA other than sending 100s of thousands of soldiers to middle east.

The United States can't go to war because there's insufficient public demand for it. Killing Americans provides the demand.

I'm not saying Iran won't do it, but that would be suicidal.
Gold: 285.00
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 25 2019 11:00pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 25 Jun 2019 20:11)
Is this your idea of trolling?

That's obviously a matter of opinion. But if you believe that, and do nothing, aren't you demonstrating that at the root of this debate is a question of force?

Seems you are blind, or maybe it's a brain issue. We are no longer in 90's or early 2000, US influence sink continuously since 2 decades.
WMD have been exposed, Russia & North Korean won, Climate agreement got insulted. European Union is wary of this ally who wants to spread the war next to its home.
Remember Syrian war and millions of refugees ? You think we want your fucked mess again ?

Iran was on the opening path but US, which seems to obey far right Israel gov and others *logical behaviors*, is trying to push it backward. Like what they did to Iraq in the 2000's: they don't want to give a chance to anyone.
Do i have to remind you this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Iraq
UNESCO reports that prior to the first Gulf War in 1991 Iraq had one of the best educational performances in the region. Primary school Gross Enrollment Rate was 100% and literacy levels were high. Since that time education has suffered as a result of American-led domination, sanctions, and instability.

How many deads in Iraq2+Syria ? And your asshole in chief is crying for 1000 or 2000 americans ?

So you are saying "i'm trolling" ? YOU ARE the fucking troll here. Your country is losing it.
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 25 2019 11:52pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 26 2019 01:00am)
Seems you are blind, or maybe it's a brain issue. We are no longer in 90's or early 2000, US influence sink continuously since 2 decades.
WMD have been exposed, Russia & North Korean won, Climate agreement got insulted. European Union is wary of this ally who wants to spread the war next to its home.
Remember Syrian war and millions of refugees ? You think we want your fucked mess again ?

Iran was on the opening path but US, which seems to obey far right Israel gov and others *logical behaviors*, is trying to push it backward. Like what they did to Iraq in the 2000's: they don't want to give a chance to anyone.

UNESCO reports that prior to the first Gulf War in 1991 Iraq had one of the best educational performances in the region. Primary school Gross Enrollment Rate was 100% and literacy levels were high. Since that time education has suffered as a result of American-led domination, sanctions, and instability.

How many deads in Iraq2+Syria ? And your asshole in chief is crying for 1000 or 2000 americans ?

So you are saying "i'm trolling" ? YOU ARE the fucking troll here. Your country is losing it.

Do you often, have these totally unrealistic fantasies?
Gold: 15,045.00
Jun 26 2019 03:15am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 26 2019 01:10am)
The United States can't go to war because there's insufficient public demand for it. Killing Americans provides the demand.

I'm not saying Iran won't do it, but that would be suicidal.

If they feel cornered, they will (regardless of mechanism of provocation). "Suicidal" for a regime that idolizes martyrdom over being oppressed, and has nothing to lose? :)
We aren't there yet but we will get there if USA government doesn't change policy.

The question Americans should be concerned with is how such a war will effect them. Even if Iran "suicides", would that ultimately benefit USA? I don't think so.
What am trying to say is that USA is being driven by an administration pretending to be crazy, and bluffing in a game of chicken with real crazies ;)

This post was edited by Algorhythm on Jun 26 2019 03:33am
Gold: 633.87
Jun 26 2019 06:49am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 26 2019 12:00am)

1. What did Russia and North Korea win?
2. Do the Syrians, who rose up in protest against the Assad dictatorship, have the right to self-determination?
3. Is guaranteeing Iran access to a nuclear weapon a good outcome?

Try to stick to answering these three questions.

I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or whether you're suffering from a deeper underlying condition, but you have an awful tendency to spew words like a schizophrenic.

Quote (Algorhythm @ Jun 26 2019 04:15am)
If they feel cornered, they will (regardless of mechanism of provocation). "Suicidal" for a regime that idolizes martyrdom over being oppressed, and has nothing to lose? :)
We aren't there yet but we will get there if USA government doesn't change policy.

The question Americans should be concerned with is how such a war will effect them. Even if Iran "suicides", would that ultimately benefit USA? I don't think so.
What am trying to say is that USA is being driven by an administration pretending to be crazy, and bluffing in a game of chicken with real crazies ;)

Is it good for the United States? Probably not, but allowing rogue states to do what they want in a sensitive region is worse. Push comes to shove, and the people in charge of making that decision won't have a problem with war.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jun 26 2019 06:50am
Jun 26 2019 07:15am
Quote (bogie160 @ 26 Jun 2019 13:49)
1. What did Russia and North Korea win?
2. Do the Syrians, who rose up in protest against the Assad dictatorship, have the right to self-determination?
3. Is guaranteeing Iran access to a nuclear weapon a good outcome?

Try to stick to answering these three questions.

I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or whether you're suffering from a deeper underlying condition, but you have an awful tendency to spew words like a schizophrenic.

Is it good for the United States? Probably not, but allowing rogue states to do what they want in a sensitive region is worse. Push comes to shove, and the people in charge of making that decision won't have a problem with war.

1. Russia has the most major firepower with its new balistic mssiles and interfered so nicely in your elections it's now recognized as the owner of US.
2. South Korea exploited the clown in chief your geniuses elected in a way to positioning itself at the same level of USA in terms of credibility on international view
3. Iran is almost the same good outcome than the US now considering the bunch of fucked morons you elected are giving the nuclear weapon to ARABIA SAUDI, as example.

Get good with your fucking questions and the fucked insults about my language, you got educated by a bunch of fucked idiots thats for sure the only explanation of your bias, lies, and BAD FAITH with is typical in your country.

/e

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 26 Jun 2019 06:00)

@DOGGO

I guess it's easier to DODGE by asking little questions while playing grammar piece of cop than admitting the evidences. - or discussing about it -

COWARDICE AT ITS BEST

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jun 26 2019 07:28am
Gold: 15,045.00
Jun 26 2019 07:56am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 26 2019 02:49pm)

We are in agreement qualitatively but perhaps not quantitatively. I think you overestimate the danger a strong Iran poses to USA and underestimate the cost and hazards of war on Iran, which could prove fatal to USA designs to remain dominant world power. That is why I believe USA will fold if cooler heads prevail. Time will tell.

This post was edited by Algorhythm on Jun 26 2019 07:57am
Jun 26 2019 08:18am
Hmm yes the good point is probably that US will not be able to afford to trigger this "war", on the other hand we can be ready for a nice false news show.

@@boggo you have to understand how furious i am, as european, of the US policy in middle east.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jun 26 2019 08:22am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1282930313235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll