d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Tire Pressure Q
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Jun 15 2019 10:20pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 11 2019 06:13pm)
Was blind, found where the tire pressure label is on the door by reading the manual. I swear i looked everywhere 🤔

Its gonna be 37 front and 40 back for my car (subtracting 10% from max psi for the car)

Thanks all

Reposting from other thread to here as i forgot to update
Duffman has made it safely on his trip without tire problems, thanks all
Gold: 3,295.00
Jun 16 2019 01:31am
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 15 2019 08:13am)
Terrible advice. The manufacturer literally puts it on the door of the vehicles for this exact reason. So people don't listen to dumb advice and just put it on any random number. The cars are tested on very specific tire pressure. Changing that can cause excessive wear on your tires. You won't get the correct performance out of the vehicle. The only time you want to adjust tire pressure would be for racing or you changed to a completely different rim and tire size. Other than that, leave it alone.

lol you must be the kind of person who is anal about everything.
Gold: 167.80
Jun 16 2019 06:56am
Quote (Krnboi12345 @ Jun 16 2019 02:31am)
lol you must be the kind of person who is anal about everything.

I'm the type that will spend a lot of time and money to make sure things are done properly. You know what that gets me? Race cars that don't break. Daily drivers that rarely need anything but basic maintenance. Talk shit all you want, but while you're using a basic ratchet to tighten down your bolts and I'm using a torque wrench, I won't ever have to go back and fix something or worry. I won't ever have to spend excessive money to make repairs that could of been avoided. It pays to do things properly and go by the book. Anybody who dumps thousands and tens of thousands into their cars will agree.
Gold: 3,295.00
Jun 16 2019 08:48am
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 16 2019 04:56am)
I'm the type that will spend a lot of time and money to make sure things are done properly. You know what that gets me? Race cars that don't break. Daily drivers that rarely need anything but basic maintenance. Talk shit all you want, but while you're using a basic ratchet to tighten down your bolts and I'm using a torque wrench, I won't ever have to go back and fix something or worry. I won't ever have to spend excessive money to make repairs that could of been avoided. It pays to do things properly and go by the book. Anybody who dumps thousands and tens of thousands into their cars will agree.

Never had my car break down before. Had the 2nd highest mileage sti with the OEM motor, and turbo at 175k miles back in the day. It was my first autox and track car. Cars arent racecars where they need to be meticulously maintained. Torque wrenches have their place, so yes ima stick to my basic ratchet for basic stuff. And I just kick tires to check if they have enough air.
Gold: 167.80
Jun 16 2019 09:28am
Quote (Krnboi12345 @ Jun 16 2019 09:48am)
Never had my car break down before. Had the 2nd highest mileage sti with the OEM motor, and turbo at 175k miles back in the day. It was my first autox and track car. Cars arent racecars where they need to be meticulously maintained. Torque wrenches have their place, so yes ima stick to my basic ratchet for basic stuff. And I just kick tires to check if they have enough air.

All I build is race cars, so yes to me that's what they are. The STI has nothing but ringland failures so I wouldn't brag about owning one of those. If you spend a lot of money on something, it should be meticulously maintained. That's the difference between going to Firestone or going to a genuine shop that cares about their work. If you think working on a car deserves 100% then you probably shouldn't be working on them. That's the same mentality of ricers and people who buy eBay parts and wonders why everybody laughs at their "build". Oil change or complete build, I do it right 100%. The people that don't, it shows.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll