d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Thinking About Playing Wow > Info?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 452.00
Jun 11 2019 04:44am
hi,

i played D2 and GW1 for a very long time... but both games are really dead.
is WoW still alive?

What would be the costprice to play this game: buying the game itself / montly subscription ? and what content do i need to buy ? do i need to buy all previous expansions (meaning 10 games??)
can i play with other players that play for 10+ years? or will i be everlasting noob, or is it more like GW that a new player can come in pretty fast ...

how is it PVP-wise? tactics ? or just item-wise like D2 ?

just want some basic info to help me decide if i should go for this or not...
i am a casual gamer, got like 1-2 hours / day free time, maybe more in weekends ...
always loved RPG's that are skill-based (casting skills / attacks / defencive spells etc...), no hack 'n slash or fps like rpg's , slightly item-based.
Gold: 648.54
Jun 11 2019 08:18am
Quote (Falkerakatim @ Jun 11 2019 10:44am)
hi,

i played D2 and GW1 for a very long time... but both games are really dead.
is WoW still alive?

What would be the costprice to play this game: buying the game itself / montly subscription ? and what content do i need to buy ? do i need to buy all previous expansions (meaning 10 games??)
can i play with other players that play for 10+ years? or will i be everlasting noob, or is it more like GW that a new player can come in pretty fast ...

how is it PVP-wise? tactics ? or just item-wise like D2 ?

just want some basic info to help me decide if i should go for this or not...
i am a casual gamer, got like 1-2 hours / day free time, maybe more in weekends ...
always loved RPG's that are skill-based (casting skills / attacks / defencive spells etc...), no hack 'n slash or fps like rpg's , slightly item-based.

did you play any diablo 3? wow is alot like diablo 3 now where you speed run dungeons and crank up the difficulty for better loot chances. loot is all randomized and has a chance to roll better just like diablo 3.

i recently just hit 120 in the game and the pvp is a joke. battleground give you gear that is so low level that even with a full set of every piece of pvp gear from bgs (that u get randomly so it can take along long time to get it all) you still wont do enough damage to kill a single player. However if you do questing and dungeons/raids youll get better gear and stomp on anyone trying to get pvp gear from pvping.
Gold: 452.00
Jun 11 2019 08:45am
Quote (Quadpvp @ Jun 11 2019 02:18pm)
did you play any diablo 3? wow is alot like diablo 3 now where you speed run dungeons and crank up the difficulty for better loot chances. loot is all randomized and has a chance to roll better just like diablo 3.

i recently just hit 120 in the game and the pvp is a joke. battleground give you gear that is so low level that even with a full set of every piece of pvp gear from bgs (that u get randomly so it can take along long time to get it all) you still wont do enough damage to kill a single player. However if you do questing and dungeons/raids youll get better gear and stomp on anyone trying to get pvp gear from pvping.

ok :) that being said i guesse its not for me then xD
Gold: 155.00
Jun 11 2019 10:51pm
play guild wars 2 or path of exile....

MUCH better games than retail WoW rn ...
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll