d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Fifa Women's World Cup 2019
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 7 2019 04:26am
Starts today, anyone watching?

I might just put on England games somewhere in the background, BBC are sure pushing it down everyone's throat though and the backlash on social media from incel types is hilarious :lol:

Gold: 150.69
Jun 7 2019 04:53am
Might watch a few games, shame Belgium didn't qualify.
Go England B)
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 7 2019 04:56am
i guess i will check out a few games when there isnt anything better

the tournament gets pushed hard here as well, but to be fair our girls have had some pretty good tv ratings in the ko stage if they make it

i hope they wont embarrass us like the men last year ffs

Quote (Mr_Mill @ 7 Jun 2019 12:53)
Go England B)

the fuck mate? you should support the dutch or us (or the frenchies ofc) over typical england

whats wrong with you -_-

This post was edited by ampoo on Jun 7 2019 04:59am
Gold: 150.69
Jun 7 2019 05:06am
Quote (ampoo @ Jun 7 2019 11:56am)
i guess i will check out a few games when there isnt anything better

the tournament gets pushed hard here as well, but to be fair our girls have had some pretty good tv ratings in the ko stage if they make it

i hope they wont embarrass us like the men last year ffs

the fuck mate? you should support the dutch or us (or the frenchies ofc) over typical england

whats wrong with you -_-

To be honoust I would support whichever team has the most Arsenal ladies in it, but they're so spread out :lol:
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 7 2019 06:04am
Had it not been for Google's Easter egg, I wouldn't even have known about this.

No idea what Spain's chances are, and I don't even know any of our players, but I wish our gals the best.

Probably won't watch until the latter half of the tournament, and that's only if we're still around by then. We've traditionally been crap at women's football, but over the years we've started winning youth tournaments and performing better overall (I think we played the last Euro final, and Barça became the first Spanish club to ever reach the CL final this season)... so maybe we can aim for semis or something like that.

No NK? Apparently they are really good in women's football.

e: oh, apparently NK were banned from the FIFA point rankings, making them unseeded during the qualifiers, which resulted in them being placed in the same group as the also really strong SK, which proceeded over the north on GD.

This post was edited by zarkadon on Jun 7 2019 06:08am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jun 7 2019 06:17am
assuming that not much has changed in the last couple of years i won't be watching any games. women's football is honestly just a slower and shittier version of men's football - i'd rather watch nations league...
Gold: 57.00
Jun 7 2019 07:16am
Quote (Mr_Mill @ 7 Jun 2019 06:53)
Go England B)

France is there mate?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2019 07:45am
BBC are sure pushing it down everyone's throat :rofl:

Prolly true either way.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 7 2019 01:05pm
Quote (fender @ 7 Jun 2019 14:17)
assuming that not much has changed in the last couple of years i won't be watching any games. women's football is honestly just a slower and shittier version of men's football - i'd rather watch nations league...

Very slow and boring indeed. The games feel like amateur football. And no, don't expect any change any time soon.

The problem is that women, even the pro athletes, generally lack the stamina to compete at a top level for 90 minutes. If games were 70-80 minutes long, the quality of football they'd be able to produce would probably be better and closer to men's standard (assuming the coaching was on the same level). I've met girls with insane skills when they're free styling, but they play like sloths when it comes to games.

I'm all in for promoting women's sport and I'm happy that this WC is getting more coverage than in previous years, but it's silly to pretend this is going to be anywhere near the level of football we see in the men's WC.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jun 7 2019 01:10pm
Quote (zarkadon @ 7 Jun 2019 21:05)
Very slow and boring indeed.The games feel like amateur football. And no, don't expect any change any time soon.

The problem is that women, even the pro athletes, generally lack the stamina to compete at a top level for 90 minutes. If games were 70-80 minutes long, the quality of football they'd be able to produce would probably be better and closer to men's standard (assuming the coaching was on the same level). I've met girls with insane skills when they're free styling, but they play like sloths when it comes to games.

I'm all in for promoting women's sport and I'm happy that this WC is getting more coverage than in previous years, but it's silly to pretend this is going to be anywhere near the level of football we see in the men's WC.

triggered amateur player here :lol:
any halfway decent amateur team can produce better football

ballon dor winner at 0:32

i am totally in favor of equal pay for the national team members though, they represent us as much as everyone else and western football associations are swimming in money
at least show some financial appreciation

This post was edited by ampoo on Jun 7 2019 01:13pm
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll