d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Nations League
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Jun 9 2019 07:43pm
Quote (Edgard @ 9 Jun 2019 21:33)
Bernardo player of the tournament :love:

great player. another steal of a deal by Pep
Gold: 2,570.91
Jun 10 2019 01:37am
Quote (ampoo @ 10 Jun 2019 02:33)
i see
the maps i had in mind depicted hispania ulterior as what would be andalusia today

Well, it remained the way you say for a pretty significant amount of time. As the empire/republic expanded, the western half of the peninsula was incorporated into Ulterior, and it was later during the first decade of our era that Emperor Augustus divided Hispania into 3 parts, creating Lusitania.

The conquest lasted around 200 years, so there are indeed many maps that show Ulterior restricted to more or less modern day AndalucĂ­a, as the process of annexation remained frozen at that point for some time.

Quote (excellence @ 10 Jun 2019 03:06)
lmao you guys hate each other dont lie, but yeah that area has probably produced the best pure talent for an entire generation outside of Germany and then one offs like Messi and maybe someone like Rooney

Nah man, it's all good. At least on our side... in Portugal there is indeed some resentment towards us, but that's the typical one sided rivalry that smaller and poorer nations feel towards their larger and richer counterparts. We generally like them, although some portuguese claim we see them as inferiors and have a negative stereotypical impression of them, which I guess has traditionally been true, but now not so much.

In any case, there is more support for a political union on their side than on ours:

A 2009 poll found 30.3% of Spanish respondents would support a federation but 39.9% of Portuguese respondents would support one.[7] The figures rose to 31 and 45 percent, respectively, in 2010.[7]

A poll conducted by the Spanish University of Salamanca in 2011 found that 39.8% of Spanish respondents and 46.1% of Portuguese respondents supported the creation of the federation between the two countries. 1741 people took part in the poll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_federalism
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll