Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Jun 24 2019 08:42pm
Classic ?
Gold: 98.00
Jun 27 2019 06:08pm
Quote (pwb3 @ 25 May 2019 20:40)
Warrior. You will have literally no downtime leveling because you can que as tank. Even if tanking isn't your endgame goal, you can still powerlevel yourself to max level by tanking, then once you're done leveling, you can que as dps. Tanks get in dungeons almost instantly. Warriors are very fun to play. And if you're waiting for classic, then perfect, because warriors are #1 in classic. They're OP. So you can practice a little playing a warrior. Warriors are a lot of fun to play and good in PVP too.

Enhancement 2 hander wep Shamans where better if I recall correctly because of how OP windfury was.

This post was edited by SodiumEx on Jun 27 2019 06:09pm
Gold: 15.82
Jul 5 2019 01:14pm
I’ve played a few vanilla private servers and warriors are beast. Fury they rape the meters, won’t be beat by anyone, rogues can get close but still don’t match up and pvp arms is very strong

If you’re looking to play mage in vanilla they aren’t bad, but you won’t be top dps vs good players. Frost is strong in pvp

Edit: if vanilla classic stays true to 1.12 warriors are hard to level til about 20. You’ll die a lot if you’re not use to watching mob range or calculating your cds properly

This post was edited by Eltbus on Jul 5 2019 01:16pm
Gold: 10.55
Jul 10 2019 10:28am
Mage will be everything you want.

Warriors are easily kited unless you have a team and they are tossing you freedoms (if alliance) or lots of dispels. Almost same for rogue but you have a couple extra "oh shit" buttons. Plus sprint is fun and with all the stuns/crippling it's hard to get away from a rogue.

But a mage will have all you want, if you get trained just run / blink / peel. ;)
Gold: 11,830.76
Jul 11 2019 08:09am
[]Durability / Oh Shit buttons– I don’t necessarily need to be a tank, but I would like a healthy pool of health (or effective health) that means I won’t die in one hit.
Its mostly how you gear up. Stamina gives you bigger hp pool. Useful in pvp mainly. Pve you want stamina only really as a tank.

[]Not on a razor wire – What I mean is, I don’t want to have to be on the tip of my toes every single fight situation. I play to have fun and do well (and be optimal), but I do not want to have to be on my A-game 100% of the time. I was burnt out of that mindset after playing CSGO competitively. I do not want to be 1-mistake away of dying instantly.
Hunter feign death is pretty nice for this or rogue vanish.

[]Frustrating to play AGAINST - I love frustrating people when pvping them.
Rogue. If this is the most important thing to you. Rogue. Or maybe rogue.

[]Able to lone wolf if need be – I primarily won’t be playing alone (my SO will play too), but I don’t want to have to rely on a group or a healbot to do well.
Hunter is awesome for this. Warlock does pretty ok too, but you can solo a outdoor raid boss with hunter with enough patience and skill and basic raiding gear. Ofc someone will gank you most likely as it will take shit tons of time and a opposing factions raid guild will kill you to get the kill. But in theory its possible and in practice it has been done.

[]Mobility – I absolutely hate the feeling of being kited 24/7 and feeling completely useless and frustrated. I heard it was a myth that melee is always kited, due to DR’s being in this version of classic.
I mean why not play hunter and kite them? Also im pretty sure DRs are in game, or if they are not a rogue can saplock you for ever until someone saves you. Or 2 priests can take you as a hostage and bring you to a big city where is near impossible for you to get out. (did that with a friend few times with low lvl rogues to high lvl ppl in front of dungeons so their party had to save them lol)

[]Mobility is required – flipside to the above, I don’t want ‘running away’ from my opponent as the sole playstyle of my class. I don’t want to play defensive, I like playing offensively.
Druids have the best mobility. But for the above points they suck. Hunter is really insane for kiting enemies and rogue can vanish + sprint to close the enemies slowing them down. Warriors has intrcept but they basically still need a healbot on BGs. There isnt too much mobility aside from druids in vanilla and thats why hunters are insane kiters. Also they have a good mobility vs classes who cant touch them as you can use the movement speed aspect as long as you dont get hit by anything and get dazed.

[]Not reliant on LONG cooldowns to perform – I do not want to hit like a wet noodle if X or Y ability is on a 5 minute cooldown. I don’t want to say “sorry gotta afk for 5 mins for cd to come back up before I engage”
Rogues are annoying af but they rely a lot on their CDs too. I mean you dont have to spend them all at once unless your fighting a geared warrior in 1v1 or doing a youtube montage with no gear on. But you still gotta spend some and they have long CDs. Hunters dont really need CDs as they can kite and they can even cancel enemy casts with feign death. Vanilla doesent really have that many important long CDs expect for rogues and warriors 1shots. And druid BR ofc, but thats not really one you need to really rely on. Or maybe pala divine intervention that has 1h cd and you basically use it once the whole career to see what it does and then you simply dont use it ever again.

[]Interesting gameplay and outplay potential
Rogue, mage, hunter. Oh and druid. But druids are usually carrying the flag or healing. But if you are really skilled you can do some cool shit with druids too. Rest of the classes skill caps are kinda meh.

[]Little to no downtime – I hate having to rely on drinking/eating after every fight or even mid fight
I mean there is not really such a thing in vanilla unless ur playing rogue or warrior and u have a heal bot. GL. Maybe priest with high spirit or paladin with highend gear (both healing ofc). Its most likely the patch where paladins got nerfed so they have to drink now and then too.

[]Versatility - I want there to be always a 'better' move I can do for every situation. Furthermore, I plan on pvp’ing in BG’s and WPVP, but also doing some raid content and five mans.
Mage.

There isnt a swissarmyknifemultitool in vanilla. I mean for example paladins can tank dps and heal. But they really cant. They can only be good healers, they are shitty tanks and dps even if you spec correctly. Druids can tank dps and heal. But you wont be doing much more than healing unless your doing PVP (they are decent dps for pvp, good flag carriers aka. tanks and healers) and anyways people usually prefer a raid geared warrior for flag carrying as druids dont really have tanking gear for them in vanilla. Or if you raid for example in a trash guild and their dps players suck rooster you will outperform them (this applies to everything, if your good player playing with trash players u can do w/e u want since you will outperform them with unoptimal specs).
Gold: 101.00
Jul 14 2019 11:54am
First off, thank you for your willingness to read through this

sry man i wont read
Gold: 198.01
Jul 15 2019 09:46pm
To be blunt, One class doesn't check all of those boxes. Warriors probably get the closest, but you can be kited. Rogues are the most annoying to play against by far. And probably would be the second choice I'd tell you to try. Mage used to be my main, but you HAVE TO, I repeat, HAVE TO kite on a mage.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 16 2019 06:08am
is sounds alot like you are on the same time-consumption thoughts as me.
lvling is hard, a little too hard at times and depending on class.

I would say just based on that warrior and priest is out.

Shaman/paladin requires alot of mana or luck with gear - also out as this will take you atleast 6 months to get to 60.

Mage requires alot of drinking and resting in between mobs but is very attractive in the late game. With plenty of spots in raids for mages as well as being good in PVP, this could give you the end game feels you are looking for. (7/10 for you)

Warlock is faster in lvling, but might feel stale unless you are a warlock type of person. Raiding slots are limited but for casual players it might be hard to get to the higher raid groups without gear. Minimal drinking required if you go with first aid and gear is not too important during lvling and 5 man (6/10 for you)

Druid is resonable fast to get to 60, versitile and easy to play and you dont need to drink/eat much during that time. PVP is stale (run flag) and PVE is healer only (could be boring) (9/10 if you like resto druid and flag runs)

Rogue, slow and a little boring to lvl. Easy in lategame and not too dependent of gear (easy decent items to allow you to raid quickly). PVP is fun and efficient, PVE is ok and there is plenty of gear to go around for rogues. (7/10)

Hunter is in my opinion the best bet. You dont need to drink/eat much if you play mana efficiently during lvling. Very fast in lvling and easy to get around with 20% movement speed aspect on. Pet will get strong enough to carry you through with bad gear, and if you find a decent bow it will be the easiest of lvling. Endgame is good for PVP and PVE, you get to kite in BWL and nuke from the back in PVP. Most builds are viable and farming is very fast. I think it suits your general style (unless im mistaken), but you dont need to play hunter perfectly to do good, but if you do you will do great. (if that makes sense).

I am struggling with the same decision, for me it is mostly riding on whether I go alliance and horde and then what race to pick etc... going back and forth and keep confusing myself more and more every day >_< cant wait for classic!!

gl with your choice and hope you will be happy with your decision.

Gold: 115.00
Jul 22 2019 01:56pm
Rogue it’s that simple rogues in classic were stupid Ofer powered
Gold: 0.01
Jul 22 2019 03:13pm
in wow i have 17 120 and 3 113 114 118 . go for the warrior its the most fun ut of the 3 and fast killer
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll