d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Help Me Pick For 10 Fg
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,225.32
May 26 2019 05:26pm
Rogues are fun and easy, you Can survive most fight by using vanish and run :D also nothing better Then using ambush on a cloth user and take 80% of there HP if it crits
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2019 09:53pm
Quote (theambush @ May 26 2019 07:26pm)
Rogues are fun and easy, you Can survive most fight by using vanish and run :D also nothing better Then using ambush on a cloth user and take 80% of there HP if it crits

you realize rogue is a cooldown class.
if you dont have prep, vanish or sprint/evasion which are all pretty high cooldowns you won't win many 1v1s.
Gold: 3,225.32
May 27 2019 04:43am
Quote (Japrone @ May 27 2019 04:53am)
you realize rogue is a cooldown class.
if you dont have prep, vanish or sprint/evasion which are all pretty high cooldowns you won't win many 1v1s.

Well you Can say the same with mage and ice block
Gold: 129.18
May 27 2019 06:02am
Hey,

I believe I have some good insight for you, you picked the 3 classes I have a lot of experience on :D

I played warrior throughout retail vanilla and rerolled rogue just before tbc came and continued throughout expansions(until they got shit lol). I have played several rogues on private servers (feenix, nost, elysium etc) to endgame (T3), raided throughout vanilla raiding cycle as a mage as well (T3 geared).
Experience as a rogue & mage class leader in private vanilla.

Anyhow:

Here's my advice for what It's worth:

I. Gameplay
[Durability / Oh Shit buttons– I don’t necessarily need to be a tank, but I would like a healthy pool of health (or effective health) that means I won’t die in one hit

*Both Rogue & Mage have a lot of defensive abilities that can make you hard to kill. The avarage raiding gear you get for either classes don't give you much health pool though.
*Warrior does have a bigger health pool with pvp gear, but you're still easier to kill.

[Not on a razor wire – What I mean is, I don’t want to have to be on the tip of my toes every single fight situation. I play to have fun and do well (and be optimal), but I do not want to have to be on my A-game 100% of the time. I was burnt out of that mindset after playing CSGO competitively. I do not want to be 1-mistake away of dying instantly.

*I wouldn't say there are many situations in vanilla pve in general where you need to be as careful as modern wow raiding for example.

[]Frustrating to play AGAINST

*As a rogue you will have fun frustrating most of the classes in pvp, you get to choose who you fight and when you fight them.
*Mage is the 1vX god of pvp, the CC amount is beyond any class and that can make people really angry ^^
*I would say warrior is the least annoying class to play against, sadly It's easily the worst 1v1 class in the game. You will struggle without engineering and free action potions etc when it comes to PvP.

[]Able to lone wolf if need be –

*You won't have any problems doing stuff solo as any of warrior/mage/rogue when It comes to grinding money etc.
Out of these 3, warrior is the one that requires most help when it comes to pvp, though If you fully commit to pvping as a warrior with engineering & free action potions etc It can feel more fulfilling than with other classes!

[]Mobility

*Rogue has great mobility with depending on your spec imp sprint, vanish, prep, stealth etc, even without CDs you have crippling poison which allows you to get to the right distance from your opponent as you want.
*Mage has blink, nova, sheep, block(x2), great mobility.
*Warrior: apart from your charge(that can't be used in combat) and intercept, you basically don't have ANY mobility (unless you're a gnome that can break slowing/cc effects).

[]Mobility is required – flipside to the above, I don’t want ‘running away’ from my opponent as the sole playstyle of my class

As a rogue you choose your fights, in big fights you can't really be in the center of everything.
Mage I would say Is great for both aggressive and defensive play styles
As warrior you go balls to the walls aggressive ^^

[]Not reliant on LONG cooldowns to perform

Rogue can do well even without cd, same as mage.
Warrior doesn't have that many big cd abilitities (apart from the obvious reck/reta/shieldwall)

[]Interesting gameplay and outplay potential

I would say vanillas highest pvp skillcap is achieved by playing a mage. You can affect so much that happens around you.
Rogue is also very skill based class in high-end pvp, but you can destroy in avarage gameplay too.
Warrior is a VERY challenging class to pvp as, I recommend you to check monkeynews' videos on youtube (very skilled and well knowledged warrior player): https://www.youtube.com/user/Moodapimp/videos

[]Little to no downtime – I hate having to rely on drinking/eating after every fight or even mid fight

*Out of the 3 classes, mage will be the class you will be required to drink/eat more than the other 2 (especially early in classic).

[]Versatility - I want there to be always a 'better' move I can do for every situation. Furthermore, I plan on pvp’ing in BG’s and WPVP, but also doing some raid content and five mans.

*Pve:

Any of the 3 classes you mentioned have very good pve raiding potential. Warriors especially will be the top damage maker throughout the vanilla raiding cycle.
Mage will start to perform better after you get to use fire spec for raiding (after MC & BWL). Sheep is also VERY good for dungeon running.
Rogue is a steady performer throughout vanilla as well.

*PvP

I'm just gonna copy here what I wrote earlier:

I would say vanillas highest pvp skillcap is achieved by playing a mage. You can affect so much that happens around you.
Rogue is also very skill based class in high-end pvp, but you can destroy in avarage gameplay too.
Warrior is a VERY challenging class to pvp as, I recommend you to check monkeynews' videos on youtube (very skilled and well knowledged warrior player): https://www.youtube.com/user/Moodapimp/videos

II. Time
[]Somewhat Casual - I don't want to have to constantly rely on being top BIS in order to do well in pvp/pve. I could see myself getting to rank 10 in pvp, but definitely not rank 14. I can see myself doing most of the raids, but definitely not the ones that require 40 hours of raiding a week!

*well like any class, the more gear you have the better you will do in pve.
In PvP you will be the most gear dependant on warrior.

Warrior > Mage > Rogue when it comes to gear dependancy.

[]Commitment – this kind of goes with above, I do not think I can play too much and invest my life into this character. I am in a field that might require me to not play for a week straight or unable to make a certain raid time, etc. (so maintanking for a guild is out of the question)

*You're right, you can't be a class(for example a tank) that your guild will heavily depend on. Luckily(or unluckily?) any of the classes rogue/warrior dps/mage are usually not short of replacements.

III. Aesthetic
[]Vanity – I think warriors are better here, they just look so tough and rugged!

*personal preferance I guess :)

Hope this gave you some insight what to pick once classic comes :P

This post was edited by Cadaveri on May 27 2019 06:11am
Gold: 9,564.35
Jun 7 2019 10:50am
If i remember my rogue from classic right and the old mechanics are still in place I believe you want either a.
-Rogue,
back in classic rogues were a class that had great annoyance (perma stun), stealth which allows you to skip a ton of crap mobs when you are farming.
they are really great at pvp one of the top classes in classic wow if you knew what to do.
you have a ton of dodge also(only negated by warrior overpower)

-Hunter
the pvp god class in classic and were very durable at soloing. IMO only a few classes stood a chance against a top tier hunter (except if you get 1 shotted by a pyro mage)
you get a pet that tanks everything and if it died you can easily resummon it.
hunters have a lot of survival like feign death (back in classic this was a pvp skill too as it would make the other player untarget you.)

overall for PVE though mages really are the best class, my mage friend in classic soloed silithus like it was easy.(he basically pulled 5+ mobs at once that were all elite.)
Gold: 3,480.00
Jun 7 2019 11:36am
I would go with warrior here, esp for classic. They were extremely OP and warrior tanking was/ is pretty damn good. You'll have no problem gearing up a war, plate + huge hitting power gives you lots of survivability. Whatever spec you choose will be strong, they are all pretty well thought out. In pvp you can easily burst down most opponents and again, depending on spec, have a good amount of self healing. You have a fair amount of stuns and spells that prevent healing like mortal strike, not to mention it is just a very fun class. AoE is a bit slow at first, except in prot. Fury later on can be amazingly fun in pve in mass mobs, and arms is legit in both pve and pvp. I friggin love warriors though.
Gold: 366.70
Jun 10 2019 09:34am
Mage or rogue they might not get spots but warrriors will always get a spot. A warrior w/o a healer is slow at lvling always stopping to eat. Very high demand in both groups and guilds but you need to invest a lot of time.
Gold: 4,767.00
Jun 23 2019 09:44am
Quote (dark-diabla @ 26 May 2019 23:25)
vanilla for sure

for vanilla class, his demands are sky high, almost ridiculous
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2019 12:06pm
Warrior has great mobility and survivability and is all around a great class to play
Gold: 18,874.44
Jun 24 2019 01:15pm
Is everyone here that hungry for $0.10?
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll