d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Help Me Pick For 10 Fg
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2019 06:02pm
First off, thank you for your willingness to read through this. Anyone that helps and gives a satisfactory response (as in, well thought out and explanatory) will get 10 fg!
I am deciding between Mage, Rogue, Warrior. I will be only picking one to main. I am afraid of being an alt-oholic!

Instead of asking why x class or y class, I figured I’d tell you things that I would want from a class.
Some things I like (some of them will be obvious XYZ class negatives):

Please note, all this only applies to a max level character.

I. Gameplay
[]Durability / Oh Shit buttons– I don’t necessarily need to be a tank, but I would like a healthy pool of health (or effective health) that means I won’t die in one hit.
[]Not on a razor wire – What I mean is, I don’t want to have to be on the tip of my toes every single fight situation. I play to have fun and do well (and be optimal), but I do not want to have to be on my A-game 100% of the time. I was burnt out of that mindset after playing CSGO competitively. I do not want to be 1-mistake away of dying instantly.
[]Frustrating to play AGAINST - I love frustrating people when pvping them.
[]Able to lone wolf if need be – I primarily won’t be playing alone (my SO will play too), but I don’t want to have to rely on a group or a healbot to do well.
[]Mobility – I absolutely hate the feeling of being kited 24/7 and feeling completely useless and frustrated. I heard it was a myth that melee is always kited, due to DR’s being in this version of classic.
[]Mobility is required – flipside to the above, I don’t want ‘running away’ from my opponent as the sole playstyle of my class. I don’t want to play defensive, I like playing offensively.
[]Not reliant on LONG cooldowns to perform – I do not want to hit like a wet noodle if X or Y ability is on a 5 minute cooldown. I don’t want to say “sorry gotta afk for 5 mins for cd to come back up before I engage”
[]Interesting gameplay and outplay potential
[]Little to no downtime – I hate having to rely on drinking/eating after every fight or even mid fight
[]Versatility - I want there to be always a 'better' move I can do for every situation. Furthermore, I plan on pvp’ing in BG’s and WPVP, but also doing some raid content and five mans.

II. Time
[]Somewhat Casual - I don't want to have to constantly rely on being top BIS in order to do well in pvp/pve. I could see myself getting to rank 10 in pvp, but definitely not rank 14. I can see myself doing most of the raids, but definitely not the ones that require 40 hours of raiding a week!
[]Commitment – this kind of goes with above, I do not think I can play too much and invest my life into this character. I am in a field that might require me to not play for a week straight or unable to make a certain raid time, etc. (so maintanking for a guild is out of the question)

III. Aesthetic
[]Vanity – I think warriors are better here, they just look so tough and rugged!
Gold: 50,062.31
May 25 2019 07:40pm
Warrior. You will have literally no downtime leveling because you can que as tank. Even if tanking isn't your endgame goal, you can still powerlevel yourself to max level by tanking, then once you're done leveling, you can que as dps. Tanks get in dungeons almost instantly. Warriors are very fun to play. And if you're waiting for classic, then perfect, because warriors are #1 in classic. They're OP. So you can practice a little playing a warrior. Warriors are a lot of fun to play and good in PVP too.
May 25 2019 09:59pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 25 2019 09:40pm)
Warrior. You will have literally no downtime leveling because you can que as tank. Even if tanking isn't your endgame goal, you can still powerlevel yourself to max level by tanking, then once you're done leveling, you can que as dps. Tanks get in dungeons almost instantly. Warriors are very fun to play. And if you're waiting for classic, then perfect, because warriors are #1 in classic. They're OP. So you can practice a little playing a warrior. Warriors are a lot of fun to play and good in PVP too.

Warrior is really bad til 40 isnt it?
May 25 2019 10:00pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 25 2019 06:40pm)

leveling doens't matter for me.
Gold: 41,207.10
May 26 2019 03:27am
Quote (dark-diabla @ May 25 2019 07:02pm)

I. Gameplay
[]Durability / Oh Shit buttons– I don’t necessarily need to be a tank, but I would like a healthy pool of health (or effective health) that means I won’t die in one hit.
[]Not on a razor wire – What I mean is, I don’t want to have to be on the tip of my toes every single fight situation. I play to have fun and do well (and be optimal), but I do not want to have to be on my A-game 100% of the time. I was burnt out of that mindset after playing CSGO competitively. I do not want to be 1-mistake away of dying instantly.
[]Able to lone wolf if need be – I primarily won’t be playing alone (my SO will play too), but I don’t want to have to rely on a group or a healbot to do well.
[]Mobility – I absolutely hate the feeling of being kited 24/7 and feeling completely useless and frustrated. I heard it was a myth that melee is always kited, due to DR’s being in this version of classic.
[]Mobility is required – flipside to the above, I don’t want ‘running away’ from my opponent as the sole playstyle of my class. I don’t want to play defensive, I like playing offensively.
[]Not reliant on LONG cooldowns to perform – I do not want to hit like a wet noodle if X or Y ability is on a 5 minute cooldown. I don’t want to say “sorry gotta afk for 5 mins for cd to come back up before I engage”
[]Little to no downtime – I hate having to rely on drinking/eating after every fight or even mid fight
[]Versatility - I want there to be always a 'better' move I can do for every situation. Furthermore, I plan on pvp’ing in BG’s and WPVP, but also doing some raid content and five mans.

II. Time
[]Somewhat Casual - I don't want to have to constantly rely on being top BIS in order to do well in pvp/pve. I could see myself getting to rank 10 in pvp, but definitely not rank 14. I can see myself doing most of the raids, but definitely not the ones that require 40 hours of raiding a week!
[]Commitment – this kind of goes with above, I do not think I can play too much and invest my life into this character. I am in a field that might require me to not play for a week straight or unable to make a certain raid time, etc. (so maintanking for a guild is out of the question)

III. Aesthetic
[]Vanity – I think warriors are better here, they just look so tough and rugged!

Warrior is the best at everything, but Warlock fits all of this too.

Once your gear isn't shit you scale really well. Your stuff has tons of stam and you have soulstone to res yourself if you need it.
Warlock is second only to hunter in being lone wolves for soloing shit they shouldnt be able to.
everybody fucking hates warlocks due to seduce and fear. you can also oneclap people if you get a crit.
You have no mobility, but you don't really need it since you have a ton of fucking range.
You don't need to run away either since you can just facetank most things that arent a fat warrior, and if its 1v1 you can probably last a long while if youre soul link or sac a fat boy.
You don't really need your long cooldowns.
Pve gameplay isnt really that interesting, but you have some buttons to press in pvp.
You have like literally no downtime with lifetap and lifedrains.
you have a lot of choices in pvp

-
Nobody raiding 40 hours a week unless your guild is trash

warlocks look okay if you want to look okay.

May 26 2019 11:32am
Quote (KennyBrando @ May 26 2019 02:27am)
Warrior is the best at everything, but Warlock fits all of this too.

Once your gear isn't shit you scale really well. Your stuff has tons of stam and you have soulstone to res yourself if you need it.
Warlock is second only to hunter in being lone wolves for soloing shit they shouldnt be able to.
everybody fucking hates warlocks due to seduce and fear. you can also oneclap people if you get a crit.
You have no mobility, but you don't really need it since you have a ton of fucking range.
You don't need to run away either since you can just facetank most things that arent a fat warrior, and if its 1v1 you can probably last a long while if youre soul link or sac a fat boy.
You don't really need your long cooldowns.
Pve gameplay isnt really that interesting, but you have some buttons to press in pvp.
You have like literally no downtime with lifetap and lifedrains.
you have a lot of choices in pvp

-
Nobody raiding 40 hours a week unless your guild is trash

warlocks look okay if you want to look okay.

Doesn't warrior require like 10x more time commitment than say a mage? Everyone keeps talking about how warrs are so gear dependent that they need BiS to perform.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
May 26 2019 01:45pm
Quote (dark-diabla @ May 26 2019 02:02am)
First off, thank you for your willingness to read through this. Anyone that helps and gives a satisfactory response (as in, well thought out and explanatory) will get 10 fg!
I am deciding between Mage, Rogue, Warrior. I will be only picking one to main. I am afraid of being an alt-oholic!

Instead of asking why x class or y class, I figured I’d tell you things that I would want from a class.
Some things I like (some of them will be obvious XYZ class negatives):

I. Gameplay

II. Time

III. Aesthetic

Hey bro,
Mage player here. I play mage since vallina world of warcraft and I played all expansions.
I do mainly PVP arenas and rbgs.
Based on what I read I reccomend that you do NOT pick a mage. Mage has insane skill cap in pvp. Especially if you want to kill people efficiently and play on high level.
In regards of PvP there is the famous composition called RMP (rogue , mage, priest)
Thats your best pick in 3's , however it is not casual friendly. You need to have really good setups and coordination with your partners everytime.
It will take really long time to master it. On the other hands melee cleeves are pretty str8 forward - train a target untill they run out of cds and options.
You can get really high rating with mcleeves especially in some patches where cleaves are good.
In regards of PVE as a mage you will always be top of the dmg meters. If you plan to play pve mostly, there mage is more casual friendly.
Also you have hard stop defensive - Ice block.

Rogue - also high skill cap in pvp, you will be targeted most of the times in 3's and small mistakes can cost you the game.

Warrior - probably the best pick for you, pretty str8 forward gameplay, less commitment. In my opinion booring.

DemonHunter - I think this is the best pick for you since it covers all of your requirements (You are hard to kill both pvp and pve, casual friendly, Best mobility in game, Insane burst and concistant dmg, FUN to PLAY! Short defensive and offensive cooldowns, 0 downtime, Aesthetic - who doesn't love a rugged Demon Hunter ???
May 26 2019 02:45pm
Is your question for vanilla or retail?
May 26 2019 04:25pm
Quote (Japrone @ May 26 2019 01:45pm)
Is your question for vanilla or retail?

vanilla for sure
May 26 2019 04:31pm
Quote (Gtopalov93 @ May 26 2019 12:45pm)
Hey bro,
Mage player here. I play mage since vallina world of warcraft and I played all expansions.
I do mainly PVP arenas and rbgs.
Based on what I read I reccomend that you do NOT pick a mage. Mage has insane skill cap in pvp. Especially if you want to kill people efficiently and play on high level.
In regards of PvP there is the famous composition called RMP (rogue , mage, priest)
Thats your best pick in 3's , however it is not casual friendly. You need to have really good setups and coordination with your partners everytime.
It will take really long time to master it. On the other hands melee cleeves are pretty str8 forward - train a target untill they run out of cds and options.
You can get really high rating with mcleeves especially in some patches where cleaves are good.
In regards of PVE as a mage you will always be top of the dmg meters. If you plan to play pve mostly, there mage is more casual friendly.
Also you have hard stop defensive - Ice block.

Rogue - also high skill cap in pvp, you will be targeted most of the times in 3's and small mistakes can cost you the game.

Warrior - probably the best pick for you, pretty str8 forward gameplay, less commitment. In my opinion booring.

DemonHunter - I think this is the best pick for you since it covers all of your requirements (You are hard to kill both pvp and pve, casual friendly, Best mobility in game, Insane burst and concistant dmg, FUN to PLAY! Short defensive and offensive cooldowns, 0 downtime, Aesthetic - who doesn't love a rugged Demon Hunter ???

I remember playing mage in arena and I hated it, I was always trained 24/7 and felt like I was running away the entire time.

Unfortunately this is for vanilla - DH's sound perfect, but nothing in vanilla like that :(. Would an arms warr be somewhat similar?
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll