d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Role Playing Games > Grim Dawn; Official Topic > All Things Grim Dawn Related
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 155.00
May 25 2019 05:28pm
Hello, i wanted to make this post for Grim Dawn & its expansions; Ashes of Malmouth & Forgotten Gods. This game is a hidden GEM, it is on par with Diablo II in terms of game-play far deeper than Diablo 3, and not QUITE as complex as Path of Exile. Currently (5/25/19) the game is on sale for over 70% off & Free to try the next 2 days! the newest expansion came out roughly 60 days ago and was #1 worldwide on Steam!

Key Features (This if for the Base game, MUCH more content has been added with the 2 Xpacs, including more Classes [masteries] like inquisitor, necromancer, & oathkeeper.)

Dual Class - Combine any of six distinct classes with over 25 skills and modifiers per class. Base classes include Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist, Nightblade, Arcanist and Shaman.

Hundreds of Item Skills - Augment your class build with a diverse array of over 250 unique skills granted by items and equipment add-ons.

Collect hundreds of Items - Common, magical, rare, epic and legendary classes of loot. Plus over 20,000 possible magical affix combinations and over 200 rare affixes.

Quests with Choice and Consequence - You will face tough decisions that leave significant impacts upon the world. Strangers on the road, desperate families and even entire villages may live or perish based on your actions. Currently over 35 quests with 75+ lore notes to be collected.

Friendly and Enemy Factions- Earn favor with human factions to unlock additional quest lines, vendor discounts and special faction-based items and augments. Some neutral factions you can be turned into allies but aiding one will make the enemy of another. Hostile factions will remember your deeds and deepen their hatred of you, sending out large packs and elite heroes to hunt you down.

Devotion - an additional layer of skill customization allows you to acquire bonuses and powerful secondary effects for your class skills. These are unlocked from a giant constellation map with points acquired by finding and restoring destroyed or corrupted shrines hidden throughout the world.

Rebuild the World- Help human enclaves survive and flourish by securing vital necessities, rebuilding structures and rescuing survivors who can then lend their services to your cause.

4 Person Multiplayer - Connect with Friends or make new allies in glorious multiplayer. Multiplayer encounters will put your teamwork to the ultimate challenge.

Fast-paced Visceral Combat - Enemy blood spatters, ragdoll physics and satisfying enemy death effects. Smash in doors and fight house to house, leaving a path of demolished furniture in your wake.

Rotatable Camera - If you choose to survey the full beauty of the world and always fight from the most optimal angle. Levels are still designed so that players are not forced to rotate the camera; it is purely optional.

Secrets and Perils Abound - 200+ Enemy heroes and bosses, hand-configured with their own unique arrays of deadly skills. 20+ secret areas hidden behind crumbling walls, hidden gaps and mysterious locked doors. Explode obstacles or repair structures to open new paths.

Rogue-Like Dungeons - Descend into special locked challenge dungeons that require a rare crafted key, where enemy levels increase as you progress and player teleport is disabled. There is no way out except to complete the dungeon or die trying.

Dynamic Weather- The world is brought to life with region-specific climates and a variety of weather effects. A sunny day can cloud over with mild rain showers that builds into a booming thunderstorm. Variable wind gusts blow grass and affect objects like windmills.

Recipe Based Crafting - Collect over 250 crafting recipes that allow you to combine salvaged components into unique crafted items and then, later, use those basic crafted items with higher-tiered recipes to complete items of amazing power.

Reclaim Skill Points- The ability to pay to reclaim points alleviates the fear and frustration of having to make early, uninformed skill choices that could permanently gimp a character.

Crate Entertainment is a small indie studio founded by the lead gameplay designer of Titan Questand includes veterans from such companies as Blizzard North, Irrational and Harmonix.

Also; They've added the Crucible!

Enter the Crucible, a harsh battleground filled with waves of Grim Dawn’s deadliest fiends. There you will engage in magnificent combat for the amusement of the Crucible’s mysterious overlord, Lokarr. But he is not a cruel master: endure his trials and be rewarded with vast wealth; fail, and know only his scorn.
Countless combatants have fallen prey to the Crucible’s brutal machinations. Will you survive where others have fallen? Or will the arena’s monstrosities, traps, and dark magic get the best of you?

The Crucible is an alternate game mode available to all Main Campaign characters, starting at level 1.

Key Features

Multiple Arenas – Battle across four deadly arenas filled with Grim Dawn’s most vicious beasts and monstrosities. Each arena features a different layout with varied defensive positions.
Conquer 150 Unique Waves – Wage tireless battle against 150 unique waves of Grim Dawn’s monster menagerie. The farther you go, the more challenging the combinations become, with the possibility of encountering multiple bosses at once! Progress through the first 100 waves to unlock additional difficulties, which present an even greater challenge but also more reward.

Vast Wealth Awaits– The more enemies you defeat, the more treasure and Tributes await you at the end. Cash out your reward and claim your prize, or push farther for even greater wealth; but know that failure also means less treasure.

Earn the Favor of the Celestials – Spend hard-earned Tributes to activate powerful arena-wide buffs which empower you and your allies in battle against the Crucible’s fiends.

Forge Powerful Defenses – Spend Tributes and Iron Bits to bolster the arena with defenses that aid you in battle. Upgrade them for even greater power!

Endure Cruel Mutators – Deadly minions are just the beginning in the Crucible’s arsenal. As you progress through the event, randomized Mutators will become active, amplifying your foes (or you) in one way while weakening them in another.

Personal Leaderboard – Keep track of your performance in the Crucible with a personal leaderboard that stores your scores based upon the monsters defeated, the game difficulty and a score multiplier earned by defeating waves of enemies before the bonus timer expires.

Hopefully this post can give us a Grim Dawn Sub-section. If you have played Diablo 2 or 3, Path of Exile, Torchlight 1 or 2, Titan Quest, or just enjoy a Good ol' Hack n Slash loot fest RPG - Give Grim Dawn a try. This game easily has 1,000+ hours of gameplay if you replay and conjure up new builds! The Devs are constantly adding new updates, the games aesthetic is gorgeous, very immersive.. Another thing to note, you do not need an internet connection to play the game! once its installed, you can play offline if you choose! Just take a look at the video i posted here; and the others im going to post below.
May 25 2019 05:30pm
If you know who Rhykker is, he recently made a video about the game .. Take a look at the comments on the first video i posted and on this video. People LOVE this game, the community is extremely helpful, and on theGrim Dawn official forums there is always people online with tons of build guides, general discussion, trading, multiplayer co-op ect.

Other things to note; once you purchase this game & expansions there is no micro transactions, and alot of patches and free content added by the passionate Devs.
MODS - The community has created some quality of life Mods that can be used with the game (legally) to do things such as increase stash space, add life bars to enemies, add colorful text to item prefix/stats such as Fire, Acid, Aetherdamage
also things like adding auto-pick up for crafting mats, Epic loot drop noise ect. quality of life mods that just improve minor things, which are also found on the Grim Dawn official forums.

Gold: 25.00
Jun 28 2019 12:13pm
I use a mod, smash and loot

Much easier to play. Better loots and more xp
Much better stats of the loots.
I'm currently lvl 46, started yesterday.

Try that game, it's rly a lot of fun

Edit: German version of that game exist too
And I think few more languages 2

This post was edited by D2Gizeh on Jun 28 2019 12:14pm
Gold: 1,667.31
Aug 8 2019 10:48am
Quote (D2Gizeh @ Jun 28 2019 02:13pm)
I use a mod, smash and loot

Much easier to play. Better loots and more xp
Much better stats of the loots.
I'm currently lvl 46, started yesterday.

Try that game, it's rly a lot of fun

Edit: German version of that game exist too
And I think few more languages 2

I started with this mod too.
Much more satisfying
Gold: 12.00
Aug 13 2019 02:04am
i am stuck, anyone want to help me? I am level 42 and i cant even kill monster lvl 35~_~
Aug 13 2019 07:08pm
Quote (SaoPhaiXoan @ Aug 13 2019 01:04am)
i am stuck, anyone want to help me? I am level 42 and i cant even kill monster lvl 35~_~

i have since quit playing GD for now, but i would say ~ go back to the lvl 30 areas and try to get+resists gear is probably the issue, and +life gear

resists and life are important
Gold: 12.00
Aug 14 2019 01:50am
Quote (SigmaX @ Aug 13 2019 06:08pm)
i have since quit playing GD for now, but i would say ~ go back to the lvl 30 areas and try to get+resists gear is probably the issue, and +life gear

resists and life are important

dang.. it's only been 5months and u already quit?
Gold: 267.41
Nov 8 2019 02:54am
I would like to support newbees or trade with experts.
I am a sminob in this game.
I have a lvl 98 char but still bad items and not much knowledge.

Add me on steam:

Farmfighter
Gold: 13,024.66
Nov 8 2019 10:49am
Is there trading in GD? I hear there is but isn't
Gold: 338,168.00
Nov 17 2019 08:00pm
Quote (D34dlycardz @ Nov 9 2019 03:49am)
Is there trading in GD? I hear there is but isn't

Yep open to trade whatever you like. If anyone wants to buy a solid blademaster with high tier gear lmk
Go Back To Role Playing Games Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll